Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 32 71.11%
Recommended 10 22.22%
NOT recommended 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 23:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)

Products sold:
  • Alloy wheels & Tyres. Main product line is actually tyres.
Services offered:
  • Wheel alignment & Balancing.
What I like:
  • The consulting part is the best. (Like the way we know at T-BHP )
  • Get in, get your work done and get out. No nonsense.
  • Great facility. Relax, watch LCD TV in the huge lounge while they fix up the car.
  • Great equpiment to get the work done.
  • Get educated about the equipment around there. I asked for how to get a tubeless tyre puncture and the guy showed be a live demo.
  • Efficient and quick staff. No lazying around and waiting.
  • Open on Sundays.
  • Pre sales and post sales support. Ofcourse it is run by Nikhil here so you can ask him everything before and after getting the job done.
What I don't like:
  • Can't haggle much for a great price.
  • Not too many alloy wheel designs readily available at the shop, tough they have a catalogue.
Pricing: Reasonable for the brand offered.

Speciality / USP: Best and honest consultation ( I thought he was all Michelin, but he suggested CP2Cs for my Lancer)

What I have bought from him: Tyres mostly.

Contact Information:

- Name of the contact person: Nikhil

- Phone numbers: +91 80 41692117, +91 73497 65318 or 26506504/5/6

- Postal Address: 4, Kanakapura Road, H B Samaja Road, Basavangudi,
between Metlife building and Sagar Motors.

- Helpful landmarks / directions: Take left after Gunasheela Clinic
(Depends more of where you come from. From Jayanagar 3rd block it is one straight road from ICICI)

- Email / Website : http://www.madhus.com/
Email address: tp@madhusindia.com

- GoogleMap:
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-tyre-profressionals.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 1st March 2018 at 14:08. Reason: Correcting numbers
prince_pervez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ok here you go.
Today I enquired for Yokohoma A drive(185/70 R13) from Tyre Professionals. Called 41692117
Price quoted was 3200Rs/tyre. Final price is 3150 Rs.
Enquired the same with Millivisions Lalbagh, He quoted 2950Rs each, Didn't bargain.
Contacted Hercules tyres -Sheshadripuram, Sarvanan quoted 2950 Rs / tyre, over a phone call.
So the pricing seems to be a bit higher in Tyre professionals.
Today I'll be buying these tyres.

Last edited by sushrutha : 2nd June 2010 at 10:55.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:52   #3
BHPian

truly *professional*

I definitely endorse them. I've swapped my stock tube tyres with tubeless tyres on both my santros from them over the past 5 years when they were on RV Road. My father-in-law also did the same for his wagon-R stock tyres.

they even check and fill my Reva air pressure as petrol pumps are reluctant to do that. :-)

I've met Nikhil personally at his Kanakapura Road shop opening and found him and his advice to be really professional.
pachchu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:37   #4
BHPian

I have bought CPC2 for Swifty from Tyre Prof. The wheel balancing/alignment was good and staff are courteous.
Last week, i went for wheel balancing/alignment. Got that done. Wanted to check the tread depth with some tool. I asked the guy there, he said the tool is not available.

Overall, it is a good tyre shop.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:51   #5
BHPian

I have been using their services from quite sometime in between shifted to Madhus; As their name suggests they are professionals and do their job nicely. After a bad bolt issue i shifted back. I haven't bought tyres from here but in terms of balancing and alignment they are very good
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:52   #6
BHPian

I had my Tata seirra's Tyres replaced here, the whole experience was very professional. The wheel alignment was very fast and professional.

And also received discount for paying the whole amount in cash.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
I had my Tata seirra's Tyres replaced here, the whole experience was very professional. The wheel alignment was very fast and professional.

And also received discount for paying the whole amount in cash.
What are the prices for the wheel alignment and balancing here? am planning to get it done this weekend. How much discount was offered after paying in cash!!
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:37   #8
BHPian

Alignment was 250 i think & blancing cost was with respect to the weights.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Ok here you go.
Today I enquired for Yokohoma A drive(185/70 R13) from Tyre Professionals. Called 41692117
Price quoted was 3200Rs/tyre. Final price is 3150 Rs.
Enquired the same with Millivisions Lalbagh, He quoted 2950Rs each, Didn't bargain.
Contacted Hercules tyres -Sheshadripuram, Sarvanan quoted 2950 Rs / tyre, over a phone call.
So the pricing seems to be a bit higher in Tyre professionals.
Today I'll be buying these tyres.
If I remember correctly, there is an offer of a 3 grand worth of sunglasses from a branded eye gear company, if you purchase Yokos. If you don't want the glasses then the price comes down. So I request you to check with the dealer as he might not have told you about the offer. My friend got Yoko A drives and got a pair of glasses and tyres for 3150. He wanted to bargain more but as per the dealer, any more haggliing would result in loss of sunglasses

EDIT: This was 2 weeks back.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
If I remember correctly, there is an offer of a 3 grand worth of sunglasses from a branded eye gear company, if you purchase Yokos. If you don't want the glasses then the price comes down. So I request you to check with the dealer as he might not have told you about the offer. My friend got Yoko A drives and got a pair of glasses and tyres for 3150. He wanted to bargain more but as per the dealer, any more haggliing would result in loss of sunglasses

Well, it doesnt. The dealer isnt paying for the sunglasses. If some dealer was saying this to a customer, then it is unfair.

And the sunglasses scheme got over on 31st May.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:53   #11
BHPian

I've recently done WB & WA for my Tucson @ Tyre Professionals. The staff is very courteous and sounded knowledgeable on what they are doing. I've replaced my TPMS sensors also during that time which the staff handled well with minimal instructions/guidance.

One problem started cropping up after the above job though. The steering is showing mild vibrations between 100-120 kmph. I wont put it as a grave mistake because I haven't found time to go back to them (a little far from my place) to get the issue verified/corrected. The problem could have manifested due to totally different reasons too.

Another thing to mention is that they did charge a fair price for replacing the TPMS sensors whereas it was originally fitted for free at a different dealer. It would be unfair on me to complain about this since this involves quite a deal of extra labor. Removal of the tires from the rims, removing existing valve stems and fixing new stems with sensors. But the difference here was that at a different place (New Bharat Tires, Cochin) this was covered in the WB & WA cost itself. May be NBT was quite curious to do something which they don't get to do every other day. The sensors were NOT purchased from NBT to think that they've covered the fitments charges in the purchase cost.

Overall I'm quite satisfied and would recommend Tyre Professionals.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 2nd June 2010 at 18:56.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Well, it doesnt. The dealer isnt paying for the sunglasses. If some dealer was saying this to a customer, then it is unfair.
Yeah! But I'm very sure that the dealer said that. The price would have come down to about 3K per tyre w/o the glasses. But what the heck my friend went with the glasses and paid 150 INR extra per tyre. Effectivey he got the shades for 600 bucks, if at all they were worth 3 grand.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

And the sunglasses scheme got over on 31st May.
Yep the scheme got over on 31st May.
I had a look at those glasses at Millivisions, CATERPILLAR shades, FOR ME it looked worth some 300Rs shades.
Anyways got my tyres fixed from Sai Iyengar's @ Lalbagh Road. Previosuly I had got Michelin XM1 from him.
Got Yokohama A drive for 3000Rs each. Including Wheel change + Nitogen gas+Wheel Balancing +New tubless Valves. So overall a fantastic experience .

OT - Michelin tyres are better than Yoko's interms of Braking. My previous tyres were Michelin XM1 (185/70R13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
The steering is showing mild vibrations between 100-120 kmph.
Definetely a Balancing issue.
Take you vehicle once again, they should resolve the issue with rebalancing the tyres.

Last edited by F50 : 4th June 2010 at 05:19.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:27   #14
BHPian

As their name 'Tyre Professionals' they are true professionals.

They have everything automated and computerised with latest equipments unlike others. I am very satisfied with their service.
I used to get Alignment and Balancing done at Vijay's (which is located just a km from TP) everytime but I used to have very bad experience each time because of their money making staffs.

Their service is also fast since they are fully automated so you don't have to waste much time there. Their technicians is also trained.

I bought alloys and tyre's recently from TP and i am very satisfied with it. Though they didn't had alloy's in stock which i had made the choice. They sourced the same within 30 mins.
Thanks to Nikhil was for suggestions and his advice. He is a very nice and cool man with zero attitude and he also kept on explaining me for my every question.

TP Service Rating
-----------------

Price -> *****
Quality -> *****
Work -> *****
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:00   #15
BHPian

They used to be located near South End. I have been going to them for the last 10 years although in the last couple of years I was a bit miffed with the attitude of some of the "senior" people there - kind of "take it or leave it, I dont have time for you .. "

But once they moved into this new building they seemed to have become more "professional". Been there twice in the last three months. Got a decent deal on two new tyres plus no extra charges for rim bend removal, tyre rotation/fitting, labour etc.

They are good.
Sandeep_K_Ram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed