Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 19:19   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Hi MCR,

The Mysore branches of Madhus are run by two of my uncles. They are completely different from the B'lore branches. I think it's better you post about Mysore in a separate thread. It will help the members from Mysore.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:31   #167
Senior - BHPian

Another satisfied customer.

@ nikhil,

Can you do something about those touts who prey upon us like hawks for old tires? They offer peanuts and keep pestering you to sell it to them. It takes more than firm tone to send those guys away.

BTW, I sold the tires for twice the amount they offered.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:06   #168
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

I have booked a City S-MT and i expect it to get delivered in maybe 2 weeks. I am planning to drive down to your shop the same day, and trade in the existing tires and upgrade to 195/60R15 tires. If i upgrade to 195/60R15 ones, would i lose the steering lightness? And which tires you suggest for the upgrade ?

Do you also stock alloys in your shop, if $ permits i would love to get a set of alloys as well.

Thanks.
Old 4th August 2011, 08:12   #169
J.Ravi

Yesterday, my Linea had her wheels balanced, rotated and aligned. One of her tyres had a puncture too, but the pressure loss was very negligible. I was charged only for the labour portion as the material from my puncture repair kit was used for fixing the puncture.

Old 8th August 2011, 12:17   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12
Another satisfied customer.

@ nikhil,

Can you do something about those touts who prey upon us like hawks for old tires? They offer peanuts and keep pestering you to sell it to them. It takes more than firm tone to send those guys away.

BTW, I sold the tires for twice the amount they offered.
Hi Sachin,

Sorry to hear about that. We'll put a stop to it immediately.

Pradeep, I've replied to your PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 15:20   #171
BHPian

Hi Nikhil, I checked a few places on Bannerghatta Road for wheel allignment of my Vento TDI HL. All of them had the software for POLO and some of them said it is the same for the Vento as well. Can you pl. throw some light on this ?

Thanks.
Old 26th August 2011, 09:58   #172
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

I want to share an experience with Madhus which happened few days back. As usual I went to the Langford Road place the 3rd time for periodic wheel balancing and alignment for my Honda City ZX. All the previous time to this time there was a difference I felt.

1) After completing the job, while putting the sticker for the next checkup, I noticed the KM reading was +4000 KM, different from +5000 KM checkups. It was written by the person at the cash counter, and I cross checed that with the in-charge who was doing the alignment who was also putting the sticker in my car. He said that it is anyway between 4K to 5K for regular checkups. I wanted to ask, previously it was 5K why suddenly 4k intervals?

Till now I was happy with the 5K intervals (touchwood) there wasnt any issues of major balancing and alignment going out that largely. During checkups it was mainly minor out of alignment and that gets corrected.

Here I was a bit suspecious, but didnt challenge / argue. But I did ask about that specifically. Your comments would be largely appreciated.

2) I did a 1300 KM Kerala trip after the checkup, but on the highway run starting itself, I 'felt' the car was pulling to left side mildly I always had to push the streering slightly to right to keep it straight, pointing towards an alignment issue possibly. Also there was a mild vibration at speeds around 80 - 100 KMPH which I feel that could be due to balancing.

I was personally with the technician during the works, and I had seen the balancing was set to '0' meaning it was balanced at least on the machine. But is there a possibility for any issue coming back so fastly? I can rest assure that after the checkup I didnt ride on any rough roads, jump any speed breaker or run into any potholes to have the issue due to some that.

NB: I have now completed approx 1500 KM after the checkup, but the issue was spotted after around 200 KM of doing the checkup. Also my tires (OEM Good Year) has done 30K KM and now running on the 4.5 Year approx.

Any advice from you is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
narayanang76
Old 26th August 2011, 11:11   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
2) I did a 1300 KM Kerala trip after the checkup, but on the highway run starting itself, I 'felt' the car was pulling to left side mildly I always had to push the streering slightly to right to keep it straight, pointing towards an alignment issue possibly. Also there was a mild vibration at speeds around 80 - 100 KMPH which I feel that could be due to balancing.

I was personally with the technician during the works, and I had seen the balancing was set to '0' meaning it was balanced at least on the machine. But is there a possibility for any issue coming back so fastly? I can rest assure that after the checkup I didnt ride on any rough roads, jump any speed breaker or run into any potholes to have the issue due to some that.

NB: I have now completed approx 1500 KM after the checkup, but the issue was spotted after around 200 KM of doing the checkup. Also my tires (OEM Good Year) has done 30K KM and now running on the 4.5 Year approx.

Any advice from you is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
narayanang76

I am no expert but i think that since the tires are pretty old(4.5 yrs) they would have had uneven wear in it.And the compound would also have become very hard .maybe thats why you are facing these alignment and wobbling issues
Old 26th August 2011, 17:37   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am no expert but i think that since the tires are pretty old(4.5 yrs) they would have had uneven wear in it.And the compound would also have become very hard .maybe thats why you are facing these alignment and wobbling issues
If that was the case, would that not be the case even before a 1500km run and the alignment and balancing?
He says the issue cropped up some 200 kms into the drive, is there a possibility of having hit a pothole at speed thus damaging or throwing the wheels out of alignment?
I would suggest you do a followup check at madhus itself and they can possibly tell you where the fault lies.
Old 1st September 2011, 14:30   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Hi Nikhil,

I want to share an experience with Madhus which happened few days back. As usual I went to the Langford Road place the 3rd time for periodic wheel balancing and alignment for my Honda City ZX. All the previous time to this time there was a difference I felt.

1) After completing the job, while putting the sticker for the next checkup, I noticed the KM reading was +4000 KM, different from +5000 KM checkups. It was written by the person at the cash counter, and I cross checed that with the in-charge who was doing the alignment who was also putting the sticker in my car. He said that it is anyway between 4K to 5K for regular checkups. I wanted to ask, previously it was 5K why suddenly 4k intervals?

Till now I was happy with the 5K intervals (touchwood) there wasnt any issues of major balancing and alignment going out that largely. During checkups it was mainly minor out of alignment and that gets corrected.

Here I was a bit suspecious, but didnt challenge / argue. But I did ask about that specifically. Your comments would be largely appreciated.
It is because most people come back much after 5,000 kms and then they complain when there is some uneven wear. So, we usually write 4,000 or 5,000 kms. You being someone who cares about his car dont even need a sticker! :P

Dont worry about the numbers.

Quote:

As Lukeskywalker said, if you found the vibration in the middle of the drive, it could be that there was an impact with a stone or pothole which would ruin the alignment. This is why we offer a 1000 km or 15 day free check up.

Anyway you have said clearly that you didnt hit any potholes....

Could you post the alignment report here for me to understand it better? If there is a problem with the camber or rear toe, you could still have pulling problems which wont go away. Did you do wheel rotation that day? Sometimes switching tyres from the left side to the right or vice versa can cause pulling problems.

Please give me a call as soon as possible and I'll arrange a check up again for you.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:08   #176
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Nikhil,
I have been to your double road centre on 1st Sep @ 10.30Am with 10k driven scorp VLX, service was fast & excellent.
I have enquired reg MT tyres , but guys sitting near the bay or the counter didnt give any proper attention.Also service guys was roaming near the vehicle after their job, seems they expect some tips.
After Annas movement , if feel my self guilty even if i tip a small amount.Please correct the team..
Old 5th September 2011, 19:14   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After Annas movement , if feel my self guilty even if i tip a small amount.Please correct the team..
Rajith, while I appreciate your viewpoint, tipping is done voluntarily, it is a way to express your gratitude for service rendered, yes, it is wrong if a service provider "demands" a tip, but then I doubt that the folks at Madhus would have asked for a tip.
Anna's movement is against corruption and tipping and bribing should not be equated.
Old 6th September 2011, 08:49   #178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Rajith, while I appreciate your viewpoint, tipping is done voluntarily, it is a way to express your gratitude for service rendered, yes, it is wrong if a service provider "demands" a tip, but then I doubt that the folks at Madhus would have asked for a tip.
Anna's movement is against corruption and tipping and bribing should not be equated.
Tipping done voluntary is an individual wish , but demanding a tip thru a body language is foul.. I equates tiping & bribing as two sides of a coin
Old 9th September 2011, 13:31   #179
BHPian

Nikhil,

I sent you a PM. Can you let me know the details.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:31   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajith, tipping is absolutely voluntary. We have strongly discouraged our boys from asking for tips through their body language. They will 100% not ask for tips outright but I completely understand when you say they ask through their body language. We always keep a strict watch on them.

I am sorry that you had to experience this. We will speak to them again to make sure no such thing is repeated.

Samabhi, I have replied to your PM .

Most Viewed