Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 22:14   #256
BHPian

Amazing Madhus Enterprises -K.H Road Bangalore

Guys,

This happened to me over the last 2 days. I got in touch with our good old T-Bhp mate Nikhil for getting my ANHC old tyres replaced. I discussed with him and it was decided that i get the MRF ZLO 195/60 R15 fixed as new ones.

I visited his outlet yesterday and got the same fixed. The guys were well informed about my arrival and my job of changing tyres, balancing and alignment were seen through in flat 40 mins. Amazing speed with perfection.

After this, i found to have some humming at the front left hand side. i did discuss with Nikhil and we tried everything possible to arrest the issue. As suggested by one of his technician, i visited to get it check at Magnum this morning.

All the four wheels were replaced with 4 other STOCK wheels and lo !!! the humming vanished. The manager in Magnum was very co-operative and understanding here. He did trial 3 trial runs with 2 different sets of stock tyres and one trial run with my new ones. The humming had vanished with the stock wheels and the humming arrived again with the Mrfs.

They just suggested that the i just get the OEM tyre size to arrest the problem.

Here comes the most intresting part of my episode.

i called Nikhil with my findings at the service center. He just asked me to wait for 10 minutes and he did call me in flat 10 mins and asked me to visit his outlet again and replace the tyres with Michelins. He didn't even think a while about the new set of tyres which i would return after some 50 kms run on it. This was agreat gesture and an wonderful understanding of my situation , i feel.

I was thinking about myself if i could find such good souls around ? I would have been in a soup if i had got the tyres fixed elsewhere and had faced this issue. The money involved is huge.

I value Nikhil's understanding and his Dad's business style. Its amazing and wonderful. Truly to the name of their outlet " Madhus", these are people as sweet as honey. ( Madhu means Honey in kannada).

I suggest everybody needing for tyres and other related solution to visit Madhus only, so not only one gets a privileged treatment but also an assurance to solve any kind of issue one may face with the wheels.

Great work Nikhil !!! Keep up the good work and Thanks a ton to you, Ravi, Mohsin, Rajan and last but not the least Your Dad !!

Check the poster i saw in Madhus below. They really mean what the poster says. They really do .
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img2012042600108.jpg  

Last edited by nandans2005 : 26th April 2012 at 22:20.
nandans2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 22:38   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazing Madhus Enterprises -K.H Road Bangalore

Amazing to hear of such customer service these days. Good to know that Madhus delighted you. BTW, what is Magnum? Looks like they went overboard too in troubleshooting your issue.
Old 26th April 2012, 22:49   #258
BHPian

By the way, who gets those used tyres!!! some unsuspecting customer..
Old 26th April 2012, 22:54   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Nandans, thanks a lot for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
By the way, who gets those used tyres!!! some unsuspecting customer..
I understand why you would think that. But let me assure you, we are not in the business of cheating unsuspecting people. I'm proud to say that my family has been in the business for 60 years and we havent become as big as how other people have become in a much shorter time. We like to think we value our ethics and we do business morally. We wouldnt have survived for so long if we had chased profits and money.

I cant even begin to explain how many customers we've lost simply because we dont offer the best buyback rates for OEM tyres. If we buy OEM tyres that have run 50-100 kms, we sell it as used tyres. Because of this, we offer lower. You can pick up the phone tomorrow and call various tyres dealers and ask them about their buyback rates. You will understand I am not just defending our ethics.

There is a heavy price any ethical business pays. My dad is from the old fashioned school and so am I. Unethical business will get you instant profits but believe me, ethical business gets you goodwill and this is most important if you want to actually continue doing business for decades.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 22:54   #260
BHPian

Lalvaz,

Sorry that i have missed out mentioning what and who is Magnum ? I totally forgot that only guys in Bangalore would know "Magnum". These guys are one of the three authorized service centers for Honda in Bangalore. i would say 'Best amongst the worst". Magnum has about 4 outlets in Bangalore. Two of the outlet only sells, one outlet called the main sells and also services. One outlet is only a service centre. My good rapport with the service advisors and the managers at one of the outlet paid really well today. They helped me a lot. As a matter of fact, i was surprised too.

AND Nozzlering,

You are wrong with your thoughts. Madhus has been there for quite sometime at the same place. I remember them through my younger days ( Not that i am a old man now !!!). i used to work for an MNC in an apartment complex bang opposite to Madhus. I could see good crowd those days and even to this day. I mean one doesnt get business if they take buyers for a ride. The bad things spread like wild fire in the market. While i have always found it difficult to get good people to work, i feel i have found the Gems in the business today for sure.

I am sure to have been a loser if i had trusted my money with somebody else in this case. i did ask one of them what they do with the tyres that were removed from my car, they said they really dont know the fate of those tyres and how long it may take to sell it as used tyres or do anything with those 4 tyres.

I suggest you should start recognizing good work and effort to maintain and nuture a relationship. Being in a business myself, i know the efforts one has to put to have a buyer permanently. It's always very easy to speak , but to bring your words to work practically, is a Herculean Task for sure.

Appreciate the efforts.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 26th April 2012 at 23:09.
Old 26th April 2012, 22:56   #261
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That is indeed good service by Madhus !

Btw, why did you choose MRF ?? It is quite an average tyre. I always doubt MRF quality. I recently upgraded to Bridgestone Ecopia 195/60 15 and they are indeed very good handling & silent tires. Rate was 21,000 for 4 tires.

Which one of Michelin did you pick up ? Were all the MRF tires exchanged for them ? I did not understand why if only humming sound was coming from the left hand side, then why are all the tires changed ?
Old 26th April 2012, 23:20   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
That is indeed good service by Madhus !

Btw, why did you choose MRF ?? It is quite an average tyre. I always doubt MRF quality. I recently upgraded to Bridgestone Ecopia 195/60 15 and they are indeed very good handling & silent tires. Rate was 21,000 for 4 tires.

Which one of Michelin did you pick up ? Were all the MRF tires exchanged for them ? I did not understand why if only humming sound was coming from the left hand side, then why are all the tires changed ?
These are MRF ZLOs. Earlier, I would agree with you that MRF made very average tyres. But the ZLO is a really fantastic tyre. I've been using it myself on my Getz and am very very impressed. I've also got some very favourable opinions from other users whose judgements I trust.

Check out the ZLO thread here on TBHP. It has generally positive opinions.

nandans2005 finally picked up the Michelin XM2 in 175/65-15. All the 4 tyres were changed because using 2 tyres of 195/60-15 and 2 of 175/65-15 is not something I would recommend. Mixing and matching tyres may cause problems in emergency situations. The grip available at the 4 corners of the car will not be consistent.
Old 26th April 2012, 23:28   #263
BHPian

Nirmal,

nice to hear from you . Was infact planning to get in touch with you next week since time has come to make your hands work on my car !!

It so happened, the MRF was decided due to good feedback on these new tyres released in the market. These were the 195s.

To be very frank and truthful, i really miss out driving on wider tyres. I did pick up the OEMs size for ANHC in Michelins. Yes , all the MRFs were exchanged by them. These tyres were fixed last evening and had about 50 to 55 kms on them when removed this noon.

Frankly, even i didnt understand why the humming vanished only when all the 4 tyres were OEM size. While testing for the problem yesterday at Madhus, we fixed one OEM tyre to the left hand side, but humming was quite audible in the cabin. But this morning at Magnum Honda, it was just amazing.

Finally, Nikhil (Madhus) and me thought, that something is amiss or not ok with my car that it cant take the 195s. I miss those wide wheels for sure.
Old 26th April 2012, 23:54   #264
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks Nikhil for the feedback, I do remember coming across this MRF Zlo, but wasnt sure on the consistency of MRF, came across this interesting concept of low rolling resistance & environment friendly Ecopia, hence went in for it. Handling has of course improved but what has really changed the most is the noise and the steering effort has become much much lesser. I guess the XM2 also has similar characteristics ?

Hi Nandan,
Even when i was replacing the tires, i wanted to try out the 195 's !
Its quite surprising that the OEM Good year lasted for 53,000 kms ! But royally noisy and puncture prone :( Had become hard as a rock at the end of its life too.

Too unfortunate that you could not upgrade to wider tires, are you having alloys or steel rims ?
Old 27th April 2012, 00:07   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Nandans, thanks a lot for the kind words.

I understand why you would think that. But let me assure you, we are not in the business of cheating unsuspecting people. I'm proud to say that my family has been in the business for 60 years and we havent become as big as how other people have become in a much shorter time. We like to think we value our ethics and we do business morally. We wouldnt have survived for so long if we had chased profits and money.

I cant even begin to explain how many customers we've lost simply because we dont offer the best buyback rates for OEM tyres. If we buy OEM tyres that have run 50-100 kms, we sell it as used tyres. Because of this, we offer lower. You can pick up the phone tomorrow and call various tyres dealers and ask them about their buyback rates. You will understand I am not just defending our ethics.

There is a heavy price any ethical business pays. My dad is from the old fashioned school and so am I. Unethical business will get you instant profits but believe me, ethical business gets you goodwill and this is most important if you want to actually continue doing business for decades.
I raised a genuine query, based on nandan's post. Kindly excuse for hurting your sentiments. I am being blunt. You really are paying a lot for your goodwill.

Nandans, As mentioned above mine was a simple, straight forward question, based on your post. Yes, its always easy to speak, difficult to perform. You are lucky to have been dealing with Nikhil.
nozzlering is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 05:50   #266
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review, @Nikhilb i am glad to see guys like you in business, I am sure you deeply believe in whatever has been said. I wish we had more folks like you having and believing in ethical business practices.

I have been wanting to visit the store for quiet some time, but the Tyres on my cars really last long (very long) . Maybe be next time i need to get balancing or alignment done i would drop in.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:56   #267
Senior - BHPian

Great work Nikhil!

BTW, is it the non-OEM size or it was the tires that was creating the humming noise!?

Did you try to use a different tire in 195/60 R15 to check if it was a tire issue!?

@Nikhil, I believe your feedback on the ZLO, as of now I am running the MRF ZVTS which came as stock tire in my Jazz and looking for an upsize. The ZVTS is worse in every attribute for a tire... noisy, harsh ride quality, inconsistent grip, bad braking, vague steering feedback and high rolling resistance. Its just difficult for me to consume the thought that the same company that made the crappy ZVTS also makes a superb ZLO!

Last edited by anachronix : 27th April 2012 at 09:13.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:36   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
BTW, is it the non-OEM size or it was the tires that was creating the humming noise!?

Did you try to use a different tire in 195/60 R15 to check if it was a tire issue!?

@Nikhil, I believe your feedback on the ZLO, as of now I am running the MRF ZVTS which came as stock tire in my Jazz and looking for an upsize. The ZVTS is worse in every attribute for a tire... noisy, harsh ride quality, inconsistent grip, bad braking, vague steering feedback and high rolling resistance. Its just difficult for me to consume the thought that the same company that made the crappy ZVTS also makes a superb ZLO!
It was the OEM size that worked well on this car. We didnt try any other tyre in 195/60-15.

I know it's hard to believe the ZLO is that good. I'll make an open offer to you. Anytime you're in Bangalore, give me a call. Check out the ZLOs yourself! Believe me, you'll walk away convinced.

Aa TBHP member, kartikkumar, has a Pete'd Swift D and he was using Neovas. He used the Neovas for more than 40,000 kms. After that, I suggested the ZLOs. He is very very happy with them. I was skeptical as well but I'm really glad I tried them! Couldnt be happier!
Old 27th April 2012, 09:42   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, did you try by swapping the front left tyre alone ? You could have also tried replacing just that one tyre too ?

Guys, I have been going to Madhu's for last 3 years. Started with alloys + replacing my stock OE tyres. This was at this very unit at KH Rd / Double Rd unit, before I moved to Basavanagudi unit. Ikon now always goes to Basavanagudi now (because it is more convenient for me), and the Sumo goes to their Kanakapura Rd unit. (This unit is more for trucks & buses)

In the last 3+ years, I have had only one re-visit, and it was for the Sumo. Not because they didnt do it right, but because of the Sumo's set-up.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:52   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It was the OEM size that worked well on this car. We didnt try any other tyre in 195/60-15.
Dude... IMO, you could have tried a different tire just to be sure of the thought that its the non-OE size that caused the humming.

Technically, apart from a defective tire nothing else could have caused that humming noise unless you have a busted wheel bearing. But again, a busted bearing will give the humming noise irrespective of the OE or Non-OE size of tires. I am guessing, a different set of tires from ZLO of the same size could have fixed it!

@Nandan,

1. Did the humming noise get amplified with speed?
2. Whats the overall mileage of your car?

Quote:
I know it's hard to believe the ZLO is that good. I'll make an open offer to you. Anytime you're in Bangalore, give me a call. Check out the ZLOs yourself! Believe me, you'll walk away convinced.

Aa TBHP member, kartikkumar, has a Pete'd Swift D and he was using Neovas. He used the Neovas for more than 40,000 kms. After that, I suggested the ZLOs. He is very very happy with them. I was skeptical as well but I'm really glad I tried them! Couldnt be happier!
Thanks for the offer dude! I will call you when I am in BLR next time

Most Viewed