Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 15:54   #286
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008

What you say is true theoretically. However, in practice, it is negligible.
------
And yes, I agree that they should have a little more patience and to explain the readings. I apologise for that right away. That is not done.
Ok here goes the reading. Please guide what could be wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image892191162.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image1416251584.jpg  

Old 5th May 2012, 20:44   #287
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Hey, do they do wheel balancing of 2 wheelers at Madhu's as well?
Old 5th May 2012, 21:26   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Hey, do they do wheel balancing of 2 wheelers at Madhu's as well?
No we dont. We dont have the required equipment for that.
Old 5th May 2012, 21:55   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No we dont. We dont have the required equipment for that.
Shucks.

Any place you know of?
Old 12th June 2012, 16:48   #290
SBR
BHPian

My experience with Madhus has been excellent till date. My father has been visiting this place since 1995 if I remember correctly.

Naturally for me, from the time I bought my M-800 in Nov 2006, wheel alignment and balancing has been done here every 5K KMS with no complaints.

In Jan 2012, I replaced my stock JK tyres after 56K KMS on the ODO with MRF ZCC tyres at Madhus itself.

Overall, a great experience. Nikhil, hope to meet you some day.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:42   #291
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Shucks.

Any place you know of?

As long as you can balance yourself on a two-wheeler, you are good with wheel balancing. No further tweaking required.

--R
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 22:36   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
As long as you can balance yourself on a two-wheeler, you are good with wheel balancing. No further tweaking required.

--R
Well said!

But I ask this because I seem to have lost one of those wheel balancing clips on the rims of my bike. I'm assuming they must've been kept there for a purpose. Then again, no issues with the bike as such. I guess I should stop trying to fix what's not broken.
Old 29th June 2012, 20:40   #293
Team-BHP Support

I visited Madhus today; there was a quite a rush so took more than an hour for wheel alignment/balancing.

The end result is satisfactory. Just a tiny thing though - I find the brakes slightly less effective or rather feel the effect of brakes slightly later than before; could it be an aftereffect of alignment/balancing/tyre rotation?

An observation : Although it was the 4th time I visited today, the person operating the computer had to manually enter my vehicle no.; I thought they'd have a computerized system. When I asked him about it, he said they indeed had the records but didn't have an answer for why my vehicle's details weren't in it. Doesn't matter though - I'm leaving B'lore for good so today was the last time this car went to Madhus.
Old 6th July 2012, 21:35   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I visited Madhus today; there was a quite a rush so took more than an hour for wheel alignment/balancing.

The end result is satisfactory. Just a tiny thing though - I find the brakes slightly less effective or rather feel the effect of brakes slightly later than before; could it be an aftereffect of alignment/balancing/tyre rotation?

An observation : Although it was the 4th time I visited today, the person operating the computer had to manually enter my vehicle no.; I thought they'd have a computerized system. When I asked him about it, he said they indeed had the records but didn't have an answer for why my vehicle's details weren't in it. Doesn't matter though - I'm leaving B'lore for good so today was the last time this car went to Madhus.
1. The brakes could be slightly less effective or your pedal feel could be lesser due to a change in tyre pressure. This is quite common. I suggest you increase/decrease the tyre pressure if you arent comfortable.

2. The car details are not stored forever unfortunately. Every time we do an alignment, we have to manually enter details like Car model, Reg no, ODO reading, etc...

It will actually take much more time to retrieve your data from the system.
Old 6th July 2012, 22:55   #295
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

In every vehicle I own, I get the wheel alignment and balancing done every 5000 kms.I also ensure wheel rotation is done to facilitate even wear and tear.
In vehicles with AWD or 4WD like the Yeti, they actually align and balance all 4 wheels on account of the fact that all four are driven wheels.

Madhus guys are extremely helpful indeed. However, these days I am lazy to battle that massive traffic to get there!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th July 2012 at 22:56.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 15:25   #296
BHPian

Hi Nikhil, I visited Madhus today. I must say, excellent professionalism and friendly staff. In spite of the rush, things looked organized and in control! However, I had a doubt. From the report:

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20120712_150347.jpg

1. Regarding the figures circled in blue, are the red values a concern? The technician told me that rear axle figures cannot be adjusted.

2. Can the caster/camber of front axle be adjusted for Swift Dzire? In general, aren't the adjustments done so that they fall in the exact target (instead of just falling in the +/- range)? Or does this not matter?

Thank you!
Old 18th July 2012, 14:46   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

1. The red values are a cause for concern. This is why the equipment point it out to the technician and to you. However, the rear Toe is non-adjustable on a Swift. It is normally done at a service centre. You will have to take the report during your next service and ask them to rectify it.

The right rear is a little worrying. Not too much but if you want your car to be perfect all the time, it's better to get it done.

2. Front camber/caster cannot be adjusted on a Swift. Front camber is rarely adjustable. Off the top of my head only a few cars had adjustable Camber. The Esteem, Baleno, Lancer.

Also, the adjustments are done so that they fall on the exact target. But a slight variation of 1 or 2 minutes is ok.
Old 18th July 2012, 15:12   #298
BHPian

Mine is 15 days old new Ford Figo. Do I need to get for alignment now or wait for 3000kms ?
All these years I got fantastic service from Madhus except for last time for my wife's car.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:25   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Mine is 15 days old new Ford Figo. Do I need to get for alignment now or wait for 3000kms ?
All these years I got fantastic service from Madhus except for last time for my wife's car.
No need for WA/WB so soon. Wait for 4-5k kms.

Can you please PM me the issue you had with your wife's car?
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:16   #300
BHPian

Hi, thanks for your reply. You said that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Also, the adjustments are done so that they fall on the exact target. But a slight variation of 1 or 2 minutes is ok.
If you see my report, the rear axle camber value says -1.43 degrees for the left and -0.56 degress for the right, though the optimum is -1.00 degrees. Shouldn't these have been adjusted to somewhere close to -1.00 degree? Or is the rear camber too not adjustable on a Swift?

That would leave just the "Front Toe" as adjustable by you guys!

Most Viewed