Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 00:50   #316
BHPian

Visited Madhus enterprises today for the first time. And have to say I'm very pleased with the overall experience.

The staff including the managers were very friendly and courteous and helpful. I think its one good centre where they are not after your money but actually help you out in deciding cost effective measures to tackle your Tyre problems.

The manager was very quick to get the work done and the service person was also very friendly. In fact they even taught me how to use the puncture repair kit.

I also got the wheel alignment done and wanted to understand what the green and red numbers mean. Here is the report.

All in all it was a good experience and I'm definitely going to Madhus for all my Tyre needs from now on.

P.s can someone advise me what speeds can be done on a Tyre that has been repaired with a puncture kit? Is it possible to do cruising speeds of 80 to 100kmph?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20120818_003xafsdg218.jpg  

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 18th August 2012 at 01:03.
Old 26th August 2012, 11:23   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

If the puncture has been repaired on the main tread, then no worries. You can 150-200kmph also depending on the speed rating of the tyre!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 10:50   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Nikhil, Can you please have look at the attached Wheel Alignment report and let me know your view. This is from MASS(Bimal) and they say there no issues with the Rear axle/toe.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3654_001.pdf (59.6 KB, 474 views)
Old 4th October 2012, 14:56   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Hi Nikhil, Can you please have look at the attached Wheel Alignment report and let me know your view. This is from MASS(Bimal) and they say there no issues with the Rear axle/toe.
@arun_josie: Were you able to get this issue resolved at the service center?
Old 4th October 2012, 20:11   #320
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nikhil,
Which is the better one among these two? Camera based or 3-D?
And can you give some reasons behind it?
I had been to Bosch Car service and they had 6-CCD based alignment system which they say is the best. Hence this question to you.
Old 21st October 2012, 11:07   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
@arun_josie: Were you able to get this issue resolved at the service center?
Hey..I didn't get a notification for your update and hence missed your post.
As per MASS there is nothing wrong with the wheel alignment reading which i have attached above. Right now the issues still exists but the strip on the rear tyres are very thin, so there is a improvement but I am not sure what has made the difference. I will be doing the 40K service in a weeks time.So, I will check with MASS again and also will take the car to Madhus to check the reading there as well.

How about yours?
Old 21st October 2012, 12:55   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Hey..I didn't get a notification for your update and hence missed your post.
As per MASS there is nothing wrong with the wheel alignment reading which i have attached above. Right now the issues still exists but the strip on the rear tyres are very thin, so there is a improvement but I am not sure what has made the difference. I will be doing the 40K service in a weeks time.So, I will check with MASS again and also will take the car to Madhus to check the reading there as well.

How about yours?
I havent got it checked. My usage is hardly 700 km a month and the tyres will become 6 years old within 15 months. They were used for only 20000 km till now and so have some tread left. I just rotated the better tyres to the wrong side. I plan to take it to Suraksha when I get some time off from my studies.
Old 21st October 2012, 19:14   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Your rear toe is supposed to 0.4 degrees with a permissible variance of +/- 0.4 degrees. In reality, it measured at -0.03degrees.

However, the thrust angle, which is the result of rear toe is within the specification.

It doesnt seem to be a major problem right now. It seems ok and you might not even notice any uneven wear over the life of the tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Hey Nikhil,
Which is the better one among these two? Camera based or 3-D?
And can you give some reasons behind it?
I had been to Bosch Car service and they had 6-CCD based alignment system which they say is the best. Hence this question to you.
Depends. 3D systems use cameras. CCD doesnt use cameras the way 3D systems use it. Some companies use a small camera somewhere in the machine and say it is a camera CCD which kinda makes no sense.

The industry leaders use 3D. 3D offers an unmatched level of reliability, repeatability and accuracy. CCDs can also be super accurate provided the 4electronics have been calibrated well, maintained well, and many other conditions are satisfied.

Many companies cant go much with 3D because all the major patents are owned by two companies. Hunter Engineering company and John Bean Corporation. So, other companies try to find ways of being innovative which havent really worked in the market. They use marketing jargon to confuse people.

Bosch itself doesnt make aligners. They own a company called Biessbarth which was one of the leaders in Europe a few years ago. They fell behind technology-wise and were gobbled up by Bosch. They still have a long way to go before they become competitive.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 20:10   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, when did John Bean enter India ?
Old 21st October 2012, 21:14   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Long back Condor!

Maybe 8-9 years back in a big way. Soon after we brought in Hunter. We brought in Hunter in 2001. Otherwise, it has been imported for a while though.
Old 21st October 2012, 22:35   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the first John Bean at Prerana last week.
Old 31st October 2012, 11:27   #327
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Long back Condor!
Nikhil,
I presume you sell tires too. Is that correct? I intend to replace all 5 tires of Hariya with Yokos and was looking forward to coming over to your place. Can I?
Old 1st November 2012, 23:06   #328
BHPian

Planning to get new tyres for my OHC this weekend. The car is running on stock size tyres 175/70-R13 Apollos. I want to switch to 14 inchers. I believe the correct upsize is 185/60-R14.
Which brands should i consider?
I am on a tight budget .I use my car for city runs and long distance highway runs also.
Are MRF ZLO tyres available in this size (Hope you have them in stock) ?

Last edited by _raviShankar_ : 1st November 2012 at 23:07.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:45   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Nikhil,
I presume you sell tires too. Is that correct? I intend to replace all 5 tires of Hariya with Yokos and was looking forward to coming over to your place. Can I?
Sure you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Planning to get new tyres for my OHC this weekend. The car is running on stock size tyres 175/70-R13 Apollos. I want to switch to 14 inchers. I believe the correct upsize is 185/60-R14.
Which brands should i consider?
I am on a tight budget .I use my car for city runs and long distance highway runs also.
Are MRF ZLO tyres available in this size (Hope you have them in stock) ?

ZLO is not available in 185/60-14. Only in 195/60-14 or 185/70-14.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:27   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sure you can.

ZLO is not available in 185/60-14. Only in 195/60-14 or 185/70-14.
Nikhil I currently have Bridgestone B250 185/60 on a 6.5J alloy, which is making the ride slightly low profile. So I am mainly looking for a little more higher profile but on a budget. I am assuming that 195/65 will be ideal. Require a tire which is less noisy and same grip levels as the Bridgestone. You can PM me the prices. and Yes, I am on a Budget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks