Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 14:23   #331
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

I was at Madhus on 17th Nov for a Tyre upgrade on my i10. They were super busy on that Saturday and even then I was out in less than an hour. The guys did a fantastic job and I am extremely satisfied with the overall work and not to forget the discount given to T-BHPians.

Nikhil should be commended for all the selfless help he is doing to the T-BHP community. Right from the suggestions on the upsize and which rims/tyres to choose, he has helped a great deal and he personally has put a word to the senior staff to get my job done.

Thanks so much Nikhil and the staff at Madhus. I personally recommend Madhus to everyone who want to use their service.

Regards,
Greg

Last edited by samabhi : 19th November 2012 at 14:32. Reason: Typo correction
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:27   #332
BHPian

I made a quick trip to Madhus last afternoon in preparation for my 400odd kms solo drive trip coming up this weekend. And boy I was glad I did.There was a nail embedded in the RL tyre that the technician spotted and fixed the puncture.

The usual - Wheel Alignment, Wheel balancing, Rotation and nitro.

All was smooth - as usual.

I usually make a trip to Madhus during the weekends. But I was simply surprised by the crowd there on a weekday at 3pm!!!

Nevertheless, Madhus did what they do best and did not fail me even a bit yet again.

After reading noopster's thread on his new ICE, and the bad experience he had with a flat tyre on the way back home, it reminded me that I have a spare tyre too! Phew. Almost forgot about it. It's too late now to get it into the rotation game, but I made sure that the airpressure on the spare was good this morning, just in case disaster strikes on Saturday!

And OH! Nikhil, it was a pleasure to meet and talk to you in person. And the MRF ZLOs they sure will be in another 5000kms. Thanks for that.
Old 30th November 2012, 10:01   #333
Team-BHP Support

I'll be visiting tomorrow morning at around 10am, for wheel balancing, alignment, nitrogen and the works on my T-Jet. After a long 1000km trip, I've been having a bit of wobble at low speeds and will need to concentrate on balancing for sure. I don't remember when I did it last.

Should I call up and take a formal appointment, or do I just directly drop in?
Old 30th November 2012, 10:35   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I'll be visiting tomorrow morning at around 10am, for wheel balancing, alignment, nitrogen and the works on my T-Jet. After a long 1000km trip, I've been having a bit of wobble at low speeds and will need to concentrate on balancing for sure. I don't remember when I did it last.

Should I call up and take a formal appointment, or do I just directly drop in?
You can drop in anytime. I had never taken any prior appointments before going there.
The best time to visit would be anytime between 9.30 am to 10.30 am where you can guarantee yourself to be one of the first customers of the day.
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 07:53   #335
BHPian

Made a visit to Madhu's on Saturday (1 Dec) and got set of 4 new Yoko DNA db series tyres for my SX4. Though not sure about the best deal on the pricing part, the execution of the fitment, alignment & balancing was professional. The folks also identified a wrong threading in one of the wheels - that I got it changed through Mandovi. My earlier experiences with Tyre Professionals in Basanavangudi has been good as well.
nssrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:09   #336
Team-BHP Support

I made a visit here as planned, and got all the regular work done - wheel alignment, balancing, checking the tyres for embedded nails / punctures and tyre rotation with nitrogen top-up. I had a very pleasant experience as always, and I was in and out in 15 minutes flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Made a visit to Madhu's on Saturday (1 Dec) and got set of 4 new Yoko DNA db series tyres for my SX4. Though not sure about the best deal on the pricing part, the execution of the fitment, alignment & balancing was professional. The folks also identified a wrong threading in one of the wheels - that I got it changed through Mandovi. My earlier experiences with Tyre Professionals in Basanavangudi has been good as well.
Hey I think I saw you there, but didn't realize you were a member . I was the one with the black Linea parked next to your silver SX4. My car was on the hydraulic lift. I remember you discussing with the manager there about the Yokos when I was getting my wheels balanced.
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:15   #337
BHPian

Great ! I remember clearly, you were mentioning about Nikhil to someone there as well. Your black Linea looked awesome ! Sorry I could'nt recognize a felow BHP'an. Did'nt have TBHP stickers on my car...

Quote:

Hey I think I saw you there, but didn't realize you were a member . I was the one with the black Linea parked next to your silver SX4. My car was on the hydraulic lift. I remember you discussing with the manager there about the Yokos when I was getting my wheels balanced.
nssrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 21:26   #338
BHPian

Hi Nikhil

Need some help with the alignment of my skoda laura. Ever since I have changed my tires the steering became off centre. Went back and they did the alignment and the steering is now gone the other way and car has a pull towards the right.

Unlike in some other cars the steering cannot be removed because of the airbag. what is the correct way of solving this problem
Old 25th December 2012, 10:03   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi Nikhil

Need some help with the alignment of my skoda laura. Ever since I have changed my tires the steering became off centre. Went back and they did the alignment and the steering is now gone the other way and car has a pull towards the right.

Unlike in some other cars the steering cannot be removed because of the airbag. what is the correct way of solving this problem
Since laura has airbags, the only way to correct the off center steering is to visit the service center and get it rectified.
Old 25th December 2012, 10:39   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Nikhil

The airbag can be removed, easily, I have been there and done it!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 15:15   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil

It could be wrong alignment, it could be a problem with the steering or it could be a tyre problem.

1. Wrong alignment: Most probably reason.
2. Lauras generally dont have pulling problems so I will discount this for the time being.
3. Since you got brand new tyres, it is unlikely that the tyres are at fault. Which tyres are they?

Where did you get the alignment done? Ask them to do a pukka job.
Old 27th December 2012, 00:25   #342
Team-BHP Support

I was at Madhus last saturday, and today. Last saturday I was probably the first BHPian to experience the Hunter road force balancer machine for my T-Jet's tyres. The machine simulates real-world forces and measures lateral forces, tyre stiffness, rim bends, out-of-round defects, etc. It even suggests matching weak spots with points where it should be fitted on the alloy, etc.

The machine helped reduce 40-50% of my wobble issue on the stock Goodyear Eagle 205/55R16 by just making these adjustments. Not to forget, it remembers the road forces of the individual tyres, and suggests best combinations of where each tyre should be fitted (among the 4 wheel slots) for least pull, least vibrations, etc.

Since the tyres themselves were defective and unsatisfactory, I decided to swap them for Michelin Primacy LC 205/55R16 after taking Nikhil's useful inputs. After fitting the new tyres, Nikhil suggested we do another road force test on the new Michelins. I was in and out in 2 hours. Excellent service as always by the staff at Madhus, and special thanks to Nikhil for taking the time out to help with this tyre upgrade. Here are some pictures I managed to take at Madhus today :

Swapping to Michelin Primacy LC
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0633.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0634.jpg

Nitrogen filling
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0635.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0636.jpg

The hunter road force balance machine in action
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0639.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0640.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0642.jpg

The Linea awaiting the tyre upgrade on the lift
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0643.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0644.jpg

A picture of the Linea with my new set of Michelins
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-dsc_0648.jpg

I highly recommend trying out the road force balance machine at Madhus. It teaches you things you didn't know about your tyres, both theoretical and actual . It even detects wheel and alloy defects accurately.

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th December 2012 at 00:29.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 08:21   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was at Madhus last saturday, and today. Last saturday I was probably the first BHPian to experience the Hunter road force balancer machine for my T-Jet's tyres. The machine simulates real-world forces and measures lateral forces, tyre stiffness, rim bends, out-of-round defects, etc. It even suggests matching weak spots with points where it should be fitted on the alloy, etc.

The machine helped reduce 40-50% of my wobble issue on the stock Goodyear Eagle 205/55R16 by just making these adjustments. Not to forget, it remembers the road forces of the individual tyres, and suggests best combinations of where each tyre should be fitted (among the 4 wheel slots) for least pull, least vibrations, etc.

I highly recommend trying out the road force balance machine at Madhus. It teaches you things you didn't know about your tyres, both theoretical and actual . It even detects wheel and alloy defects accurately.

You said it also tells in which of the four corners each tyre has to go. So does it consider tread depth too before recommending where the tyre has to go to?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 27th December 2012 at 08:42.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:50   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Sagarpadaki, no it doesn't consider tread depth. But it measures the total tyre+rim assembly diameter and gives you the information.

You can manually switch around the Tyres if you feel the nachine's recommendation isn't suitable for your situation. The machine will then tell you what sort of road force or tyre pull you can expect with YOUR positioning of the tyre+rim assemblies.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 15:57   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sagarpadaki, no it doesn't consider tread depth. But it measures the total tyre+rim assembly diameter and gives you the information.

You can manually switch around the Tyres if you feel the nachine's recommendation isn't suitable for your situation. The machine will then tell you what sort of road force or tyre pull you can expect with YOUR positioning of the tyre+rim assemblies.

Well if it measures the overall diameter of the tyre+rim assembly then its measuring the tread depth also. Since the rim dia is constant presuming that the rim is not bent!

But how accurately can it measure? I mean , can it distinguish between a tyre+wheel that is 100mm dia and another with
101mm dia?

PS: Is the mushroom patch setup ready ?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 27th December 2012 at 16:08.

Most Viewed