Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 10:02   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
But Nikhil, is'nt the whole point of the road force balancing is to ensure that the good and bad tyres are put in appropriate corners so that the pulling is eliminated? Thats what the machine also shows at the end. A straight arrow with position of the different numbered tyres!

Also PearlJam also mentioned he got a perfect toe alignment report from the MASS. So its kinda confusing.

PearlJam , are the specified range values for your car same in both the Madhu's alignment as well as HASS alignment report? Can you post a snapshot of both the reports here?
Well, if the tyres are in such a condition that it is not possible to eliminate the pull a 100%, then the machine cannot do anything. The machine will say that the "Least Pull" reading will still give a pull of 25N or whatever.

PearlJam, could you post the pic of the wheel balancing report you got from us? That could help us out.
Old 12th March 2013, 23:13   #377
BHPian

Hi Paragsachania,

Thanks for your response. Is it possible to get Wagon R VXi rims and use that along with wider tyres. I believe cost of rim would be around 600-900INR. Is is worth checking with a tyre shop to see if I can get used rim since some people change from rim to alloys immediately after buying car.

Regards.
Old 16th March 2013, 19:55   #378
Senior - BHPian

Just got back from Madhu's Enterprises. Tires on my i20 were 50000 old and was in need of a change.

The staff was very attentive. Mohsin Altaf took care of my needs, patiently explaining about different brands/prices etc.

Finally fell for Yokohama A drive's! The Road force thing is amazing! Got my wheels aligned as well.

And it felt like I was in a noise proof chamber when driving back home. Though I have a good set up of door damping on all 4 doors and hatch - I could markedly feel the difference between the 50k old Apollo's and the Yoko's!

Another happy customer of Madhu's Enterprises.

@Nikhil - too bad I couldn't catch up with you - Staff told me you were there for the 1st half of the day!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 13:36   #379
BHPian

I too was there last week with my Mondeo. Went primarily for an alignment issue as the tyres were screeching when turning at moderate speeds. Ended up changing all 4 tyres to Goodyear GSD3. Good experience overall except it took a bit of time to get the tyres to the shop. The balancing/alignment was done very professionally.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 29th March 2013, 20:42   #380
Senior - BHPian

great service as usual

Visited madhus for alignment , balancing and rotation .As usual the service was quick and efficient .Saw the hunter road force machine at work, it suggested the best position for each tyre for the least pull.
Nikhil , it would be great if you can add alloy wheel washing cleaning option as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20130329_113128-copy.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20130329_113133-copy.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20130329_113242-copy.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20130329_181223-copy.jpg  

ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 06:39   #381
BHPian

Replaced four tyres for my bolero from Madhus. Very efficient and prompt service. The servicemen were kind enough to explain all the intricacies involved and did not treat me like a useless newbie that most places do.

All in all a very happy customer and would easily recommend this around.

Shyam
Old 8th April 2013, 22:49   #382
Senior - BHPian

Dear Nikhil,

I had come to Madhus to fix a puncture in the tyre. This was an old puncture that started leaking.
They guy did a terrific job fixing the puncture and now air doesnt leak at all.

But the jackass overfilled that tyre to 45 PSI and fixed the tyre on the car

I heard an unusual rattle coming from the rear side had no idea what it was and the ride became extra bummpy!
Today I went to shell to refuel and boy what a shock! 45 PSI on that tyre

Thank god the tyre did not burst.

Please tell them to check the pressure before fixing the tyre back to the car.
Old 15th April 2013, 22:53   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Dear Nikhil,

I had come to Madhus to fix a puncture in the tyre. This was an old puncture that started leaking.
They guy did a terrific job fixing the puncture and now air doesnt leak at all.

But the jackass overfilled that tyre to 45 PSI and fixed the tyre on the car :Fr

This is unacceptable.

The issue is we normally over-inflate a repaired tyre to check for leaks. Some tiny leaks dont show up at 30 PSI. So, we over inflate it. But yes, it is supposed to be deflated to the correct pressure before installation.

Sincere apologies for this oversight. Please forgive us.
Old 21st April 2013, 07:53   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Have you changed the axle? If so, did it resolve the issue?

I took my car to Bimal - Bannerghatta road today for a similar issue. Initially they came up saying my tyre has done 49K Kms and hence there is nothing to be concerned about the alignment. Their logic is, if there is a problem with the alignment then they tyre wouldn't survive 49K Kms, it would have been a goner by 20-30K.

I was adamant this time and asked for the specific cause on why the rear axle/toe is out of range and it is increasing every 5K Kms when the alignment is done. I gave them the last 5 alignment reports(3 done by Madhus and 2 by Bimal). They analyzed all the reports and then discussed with some seniors from other BIMAL centers. After this they decided to check the rear axle for any bends/damages. The car was lifted and check was done but they couldn't find any damages/bends in the axle. Since I have changed the tyres to Michelin last week, they asked for any photo of my old tyres showing the tyre wear issue. I have sent it to them and in the evening they called me and informed that they have send the complete issue details to Maruti and awaiting their response. I will update the status once I get a response from BIMAL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
No, I did not get it fixed. A little senior guy at Madhus (I don't know the name) said that I can ignore the red values since they are not really bug, provided I do the wheel rotation every 5000kms. For now, I'm not doing anything, and plan to fix the whole thing when I change the tyres in a few months.
I am facing the same issue(Symptoms of uneven wear&tear on the edges) on my new Michelin XM2 as well. Maruti engineers inspected the tyres and now they are planning to change the rear axle with a new one to test this issue. One more thing they noticed was it is not only the outer edge even the inner edge is having the same strip/mark formed which eventually leads to uneven wear and tear. They are planning to change the axle by this Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed!
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:39   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Maruti engineers inspected the tyres and now they are planning to change the rear axle with a new one to test this issue. They are planning to change the axle by this Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed!
Great, please let us know how it goes, and the cost too. Thanks!
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:10   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Great, please let us know how it goes, and the cost too. Thanks!
I got the axle changed today morning and they have asked to monitor this issue for the next few days. Regarding the cost, I have not payed any amount yet. It should get covered in the warranty/extended warranty because there were no damages or bends to the axle.

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd April 2013 at 17:36.
Old 24th April 2013, 22:23   #387
SBR
BHPian

Nikhil,

My New Breeze Blue Ritz VDI delivery is due on Friday morning (26th April 2013) at Wheeler Road showroom of Mandovi Motors.

The car has 165/80 R 14 Bridgestone tyres as stock. I checked the make during PDI.

Plan to upgrade to 185/70 R 14 Michelins XM2 on stock rims (All 5 tyres). Plan to visit your showroom on Friday most probably in 1st half as my office is close by to langford road. I had called your showroom to enquire about the price as well.

I have been a regular at Madhus since 2006 for my M-800 (KA03 ** 2516) which is sold now to True Value.

Your help during my visit on Friday will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:07   #388
BHPian

Nikhil,

I have been visiting your place from the day i bought the hawk , so far it has been a very professional experience . i visited the showroom on May 04 and was suggested to use the new Hunter road force machine , rather than the old one.

I say it's really does wonder to the Scorp than earlier , i touched 120 speed after the alignment and i never felt any wobbling so far..

So far so good..

Regds
Raghu.
vraghuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 18:09   #389
BHPian

Had been to Madhus last Friday to get the tyres changed on my Palio Stile. Opted for XM2 - 185/70/R13. I see an immediate significant difference in the road noise compared to my old stock Goodyear GPS2. Ride is much softer and quieter.

Very nice experience at the workshop, where Nikhil ensured the car got desired attention. Have been a customer of Madhus at Mysore, and this was very similar experience.
Old 10th May 2013, 10:51   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Mushroom patch setup

Finally Madhus have started the mushroom patch operations for fixing puncture in tubeless tyres.I think this is the first tyre shop providing this setup in Bangalore. This method of puncture fix is best if you want complete peace of mind in getting the leak fixed.But due to its higher cost(more than double of a normal puncture plug) it makes more sense to go for this if an already existing puncture which has started leaking again.The tyre will be removed from the rim and the puncture will be fixed from the inside. This will ensure a proper seal compared to a normal plug where there are chances of the plug giving away!

Got it done a week back on one of the tyre where there was already a puncture plug at the same location twice due to repeated leaks. Was a bit skeptical about how the process would be. But the boy who carried out the process knew what he was doing and did a good job. Need to see how it will hold up.Fingers crossed.

Don't remember how many times i must have bugged Nikhil as to when they will start this operation!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks