Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 12:58   #391
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Actually, that is how the punctures are fixed in Mysore. When I was there last year, all my punctures were fixed by putting a patch on the inside of the tyre - similar to the patch you'd put on a tube but I'm sure of a better grade. I was charged 150 per puncture/patch.

My first puncture ever on the tubeless tyres happened in Mysore after 4+ years of ownership, hence I was not at all aware of this 'shoving' of the plug in the tyre from the outside method. I was shocked to see the plug method when I came to Blore this year. I find it very crude and painful on the tyre , and keep suspecting that it is not 100% fool-proof - didn't give any issues when fixed this way though, just my perception of it being not fool-proof.

Is my post OT?
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 20:16   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Actually, that is how the punctures are fixed in Mysore. When I was there last year, all my punctures were fixed by putting a patch on the inside of the tyre - similar to the patch you'd put on a tube but I'm sure of a better grade. I was charged 150 per puncture/patch.

My first puncture ever on the tubeless tyres happened in Mysore after 4+ years of ownership, hence I was not at all aware of this 'shoving' of the plug in the tyre from the outside method. I was shocked to see the plug method when I came to Blore this year. I find it very crude and painful on the tyre , and keep suspecting that it is not 100% fool-proof - didn't give any issues when fixed this way though, just my perception of it being not fool-proof.

Is my post OT?
Prashkul - You are right. My first tubeless puncture repair (at Vijays, who did the "shove the plug" method) lasted about 2 years but I was not convinced as to how long it would last. Sure enough, just 1 month back, at 2:00AM just when I was to go and pick up a friend in the airport. There is nothing so despairing as changing a tyre at 2:00AM in the morning having also planned to drive afterwards to Bandipur.

Nikhil - I didnt trust any roadside puncture guy to fix the puncture. Finally brought it to Madhu's and your guys told me that it would be better to replace the tyre (which was fine, tread wise). Probably if your guys had fixed the puncture from the inside as per the new method, the tyre could have been saved. Anyway your guys did a great job rebalancing all the tyres (with the Road Force balancing machine) and did a good alignment job as well. I have told people that there is no one I would try my car's tyres except you guys. Great job and you sure know have to retain customers for years (I myself have been going to you probably for about 10 years)!

Oh - and the trip - well I left at 11:30AM - but safe and sound.
Old 16th May 2013, 22:41   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The Mushroom patch is a new thing for us and the problem is, it takes too much time and is much more expensive.

Of course, for someone who is very picky, only the best will do. However, most people still prefer to get the regular patch done as it holds more than 90% of the time.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2013 at 11:22. Reason: PM coming up
Old 18th May 2013, 13:19   #394
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

In March I had a chance to come down. I have a Zen there and have this habit of changing the tyres once in two-three years, even if they're not worn out.
I visited your Basavangudi outlet and the staff were courteous with 2,700 quoted for the each of the MRFs with tube. The exchange price on the each tyre was 300 "max".
I was okay with it. But, just on a whim happened to check at Jamathi's on JC Road, and the price quoted was 2,500 each with 2000 off in exchange for the 4 tyres. It was a no-brainer actually.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2013 at 11:25. Reason: No discussion on special prices for BHPians please.
Old 19th May 2013, 17:44   #395
Senior - BHPian

You are right on all counts and it is definitely a pleasure to shop at your showroom. It was just the 2K saving that made me look elsewhere. I shall certainly contact you next time.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2013 at 11:24. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 28th May 2013, 12:47   #396
BHPian

Hey,

Was at your shop for Michelin XM2's, loved the service and pleased to see the new wheel alignment machine you have, Mohsin was of great help. After a week of driving around in XM2's they are pefect. Very happy with the fresh rubber.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Old 4th June 2013, 23:21   #397
BHPian

Highly Recommended.

Objective - Wheel Balancing and Alignment. And Inquiry to buy new tyre set for my Optra.

Likes -
1. Highly skilled and well informed Staff.
2. Issue was understood quickly, identified and resolved in very short time.
3. Fair Prices for Services offered.

Dislikes - None.

Now confused which ones to buy for the Optra (195/60/R15) - Primacy LC/CPC2/Z.L.O.
I want the best all rounder.
Old 5th June 2013, 09:18   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Highly Recommended.

Objective - Wheel Balancing and Alignment. And Inquiry to buy new tyre set for my Optra.

Likes -
1. Highly skilled and well informed Staff.
2. Issue was understood quickly, identified and resolved in very short time.
3. Fair Prices for Services offered.

Dislikes - None.

Now confused which ones to buy for the Optra (195/60/R15) - Primacy LC/CPC2/Z.L.O.
I want the best all rounder.
Best Allrounder is ZLO .
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:12   #399
Senior - BHPian

I was on a trip to Kerala during the past weekend when I'd to visit Vision Skoda, Trichur as the brakes were not up to the par. That's when I'd noticed cuts within the threads of the tire as well as the wheel alignment seemed out of place. On my way back to Bangalore, the very next morning, the tire pressure warning came ON along with a message "please check tires". I stopped immediately and checked the tires but everything seemed normal. I also adjusted the pressures but the error kept coming. I could drive the car easily and reached Bangalore, though kept limiting the speed between 50 and 60kph. I reset the tire pressure warning and it went away.

I visited Madhus the next day and explained about the cracks. They asked me to send the photos of the tire cracks so that they may discuss and do the needful. I also took this opportunity to check the alignment and realized there was significant offset. I had it rectified and started for home. On my way back home, the tire pressure warning and message came ON. This time, it wouldn't go away even after resetting. The tire pressure is correct as I kept verifying a number of times. The alignment is also correct now. So I'm now left wondering why the error exists....

Please find the photos of the tire and the error message. I hope Madhus can replace the damaged tire as the cracks are inside the threads.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image002.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image004.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image006.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image008.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image010.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image012.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image014.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image016.jpg  

Last edited by nitinbose : 3rd July 2013 at 09:15.
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:23   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I was on a trip to Kerala during the past weekend when I'd to visit Vision Skoda, Trichur as the brakes were not up to the par. That's when I'd noticed cuts within the threads of the tire as well as the wheel alignment seemed out of place. On my way back to Bangalore, the very next morning, the tire pressure warning came ON along with a message "please check tires". I stopped immediately and checked the tires but everything seemed normal. I also adjusted the pressures but the error kept coming. I could drive the car easily and reached Bangalore, though kept limiting the speed between 50 and 60kph. I reset the tire pressure warning and it went away.

I visited Madhus the next day and explained about the cracks. They asked me to send the photos of the tire cracks so that they may discuss and do the needful. I also took this opportunity to check the alignment and realized there was significant offset. I had it rectified and started for home. On my way back home, the tire pressure warning and message came ON. This time, it wouldn't go away even after resetting. The tire pressure is correct as I kept verifying a number of times. The alignment is also correct now. So I'm now left wondering why the error exists....

Please find the photos of the tire and the error message. I hope Madhus can replace the damaged tire as the cracks are inside the threads.
The tire pressure warning and the alignment / cuts on the tyres are not related AFAIK. Both are independent events. The TPMS warning may be because of the faulty sensor. Does your laura show which tyre has the low pressure. If so then it could be faulty sensor on that tyre.

The cuts/scrub on the tyres could be because of various reasons. I have experienced such cuts on the Apollo aceleres that i had earlier. Can be because of driving on bad roads with jagged rocks. The scrubbing of the tyres mainly happens because of bad alignment
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:16   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The cuts/scrub on the tyres could be because of various reasons. I have experienced such cuts on the Apollo aceleres that i had earlier. Can be because of driving on bad roads with jagged rocks. The scrubbing of the tyres mainly happens because of bad alignment
I can understand scrubbing of tires. What I'm referring is the cuts inside the threads and that too at multiple places. Its so far occurred only in one tyre of four which by itself strange since all four tires do trod the same surface.
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:33   #402
Senior - BHPian

What are the current Alignment and Wheel balancing charges at Madhu's?
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:52   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
What are the current Alignment and Wheel balancing charges at Madhu's?
For which car?

It varies from 250 - 500 for most cars.

Balancing is 50/- for alloys, 30/- for steel wheel and 100/- for road force.

Weights are extra.
Old 4th July 2013, 18:33   #404
BHPian

Hi Nikhil & Team Bhpians,

I have a question regarding Wheel Balancing.

Normally all centers charge for Weights but what happens to the existing weights which are present on the wheel. I have seen that they take these old weights and recycle to some other car, why are we charged for the same.

If i am worng here in my assumption. Correct me on the same

Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 19:12   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Most reputed centres throw away the old weights or sell them as scrap. A reputed centre like ours will not re-use the weights on another customer's car.

If someone is reusing the old weights on your wheels, you need to question them.

Most Viewed