Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2013, 17:49   #436
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Finally changed the tyres of my Optra Magnum at Madhus today, to Michelin Primacy 3 ST after extensive research and so far they have been just brilliant , did about 20 kms yet. This seems more so after having driven in the GT3s that had run 47k kms, the new tyres have completely transformed the car.
It feels like there are multiple layers of cushioning now, the odd sound from suspension before has vanished and so has the tyre noise. The grip is great too.

Special thanks to Nikhil for the suggestion, the complete information on the shortlisted tyres (P3ST, Cdrive, MY02, CPC2, ZLO, AINAC 4G) and for all the learning I got there at Madhus. The guys there are the best at what they do and hats off to them.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 18:19   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Finally changed the tyres of my Optra Magnum at Madhus today, to Michelin Primacy 3 ST.
Congratulations, and welcome to the club of people running happily on the 3 ST.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:37   #438
Senior - BHPian

Been to Madhus today for a small leak from my tyre. The tyre would loose about 5PSI over a fortnight since a month. While cleaning the ride for the Ayudha Pooja, saw the bead not sitting in the rim properly. Chatted with Nikhil on fb and took my ride today.
Although Nikhil is in Delhi at the moment, his boys took good care of the problem. They took the wheel out and first checked for some puncture. When they did not find any, then they opened the tyre from the rim to find a foreign particle embedded between the tyre and the rim. Removed and rechecked.
While mounting back, the guy found a small leak from the neck where the water was still there. Immediately he advised me to replace which I obliged. The car was back on road in about 15mins flat and a peaceful mind.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 05:56   #439
BHPian

Yesterday visited Madhus for routine wheel alignment & balancing (done every 5000 Kms). When I reached, there were hardly any cars and my car got immediate attention. Before going there, had word with Nikhil about upgrading tyres. Which he advised to run them for few more Kms and then we can take decision. As Nikhil is out of city, he had already updated his staff about my visit and they were aware of what needs to be done. My job was easy

My worst fear had come true. Got informed that my tyres can come for another 5000 Kms. Should I take the blame of bad driving or sue Govt. for their amazing / mind blasting / mind blowing / what not roads? [my car has done only 35,000 kms]. :'(

Bumped into Naut (Abhi) and it was nice exchanging smiles!

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2013 at 16:03. Reason: Sorry, we don't permit any content on such discounts.
Old 9th November 2013, 17:04   #440
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Back to Madhu's this morning for my standard 5k kms tyre balancing, wheel alignment and tyre rotation. 45 minutes and everything was done. Clean, trouble free service as usual.

Nice little chat with everyone there, thanked them, paid the bill and buzzed off. Today is the first time I realized that there was a good sized 15% discount there which was accorded on the bill.

I am amazed because until now I have never ever mentioned or spoken about TBHP with anyone there.

The sharp eyed gents must have seen the tiny little transparent URL sticker on my bumper since I have no other sticker on my vehicle.

I know that they know me for the last 9-10 years but I have never mentioned tbhp since becoming a member in 2008.

I asked Ravi to take a look at my tyres. Ravi's advice was that I could run for another 10k kms easily. I will probably change the tyres next year then.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th November 2013 at 17:06.
Old 9th November 2013, 18:03   #441
Senior - BHPian

Went to Madhu's today at around 1 pm. There was a line of cars waiting to get their wheels aligned and I was informed that it will be a minimum wait of 1-1.15 hours. Decided to return and go back another day when it is not so crowded.
Old 14th November 2013, 19:37   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Went to Madhu's today at around 1 pm. There was a line of cars waiting to get their wheels aligned and I was informed that it will be a minimum wait of 1-1.15 hours. Decided to return and go back another day when it is not so crowded.
Call them beforehand. You will not repent. This has been my experience with the m
Old 15th November 2013, 12:27   #443
BHPian

Went to Madhu's yesterday - am very very pleased with them. Had a tyre rotation and alignment done on my i10 autobox.

I was very concerned because on a recent trip to Hampi via the bad Sandur road (which my MapmyIndia GPS misguided me on :-( ) , the left wheel (passenger side) went into a deep ditch scraping my auto trans box and lower side arm -see the link of this at :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ur-path-3.html

Told the manager about the incident and they checked the left wheel side very well. Incdentally I had done the alignment (but not rotation) at Trident Hyundai to be on the safe side. Once I got the alignmment report at Madhu's, I noticed that the Hyundai A.S.S. alignment was off slightly. (Normally I never do any tyre stuff at the A.S.S. since in my opinion their equiment may not be properly calibrated or adjusted on a regular basis.)

Anyway - am very happy with Madhu's and when I have any stuff with regards to tyres, would only trust them.....
Old 24th November 2013, 19:14   #444
BHPian

Had a mixed experience with Madhu's recently. Got alignment, balancing and rotation for my Figo done last weekend. Being a saturday, there was the expected rush. The car was promptly attended to by the crew.

Within 45 minutes, the job was done. As soon as I started driving, could instantly feel that the steering was lighter than earlier. After driving for a distance, realised the car was pulling to the left too.

Since I was rushing for an appointment, decided to get the car back on the next working day (monday).

2 days later, when I took the car back and explained the issue to the person on the front desk, he said he's never heard of the steering going light after alignment!!!

Nevertheless, the car was attended to by the same technician, he did the alignment and handed over the car to me within 10 min. No one to tell me exactly what the issue was, if there was an issue at all.

This time, though the steering felt slightly heavier, it still wasn't as precise as before. And it's still pulling to the left. I stay a distance away from Madhu's and havent been able to take the car back to get this issue sorted once and for all.

Bit disappointed with the whole experience as I went to Madhu's after reading some very positive reviews.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:23   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Had a mixed experience with Madhu's recently. Got alignment, balancing and rotation for my Figo done last weekend. Being a saturday, there was the expected rush. The car was promptly attended to by the crew. Within 45 minutes, the job was done. As soon as I started driving, could instantly feel that the steering was lighter than earlier. After driving for a distance, realised the car was pulling to the left too. Since I was rushing for an appointment, decided to get the car back on the next working day (monday). 2 days later, when I took the car back and explained the issue to the person on the front desk, he said he's never heard of the steering going light after alignment!!! Nevertheless, the car was attended to by the same technician, he did the alignment and handed over the car to me within 10 min. No one to tell me exactly what the issue was, if there was an issue at all. This time, though the steering felt slightly heavier, it still wasn't as precise as before. And it's still pulling to the left. I stay a distance away from Madhu's and havent been able to take the car back to get this issue sorted once and for all. Bit disappointed with the whole experience as I went to Madhu's after reading some very positive reviews.
The pulling could be due to the tyres also.

Were the tyres you are now running at The front running at the back before rotation?

Steering normally gets tight due to various reasons like air pressure, misalignment, etc.

Please post the alignment report or mail it to me so I can do a proper study.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:25   #446
Senior - BHPian

Had referred a colleague to Madhu's. He visited them on Monday this week. As usual, the service was quick, efficient & customer oriented. He was very impressed with the level of expertise and the attitude of the boys. He was not sure if Nikhil was there or not. He had come in a White Linea Petrol. Happy to have referred him to the right place & on top of that, since he mentioned that I had referred him, he got a discount too!!

Thanks Nikhil & team for the wonderful job!!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th November 2013 at 11:26.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 12:25   #447
BHPian

Planning to take my Safari to Madhu's for alignment and balancing coming saturday.
The previous alignment done in a nearby shop was a crap and my front tyres had uneven wear during the last highway drive.

Prior appointment mandatory or I can just drive in when i get time ?
Old 28th November 2013, 17:39   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Planning to take my Safari to Madhu's for alignment and balancing coming saturday.
The previous alignment done in a nearby shop was a crap and my front tyres had uneven wear during the last highway drive.

Prior appointment mandatory or I can just drive in when i get time ?
Get in early (The early bird gets the worm and maybe some seeds too) or call them up if you are turning in a bit later. The weekend rush is always there. The alignment can be done without any fuss as the work moves faster. Balancing bay will always be filled up. Turn around time here is a wee bit high though.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 17:12   #449
BHPian

These guys know their stuff! The service personnel are all well informed and are friendly. They even explain what each machine does and how they are achieving the best alignment.

Recommend everyone to come here for wheel alignment.

My innova had run for 52k kms and was due for tyre change, had taken my car to Ravindu for service where they had done wheel alignment and balancing. During checkup they suggested me to change the alloys as one of them were damaged, after reading about madhus I decided to give my vehicle to them for a change. At Madhus they suggested me to go for michelin xm2 and get this my alloy wheel was not bent it was in good condition, the tyre was at fault, thank god else I would have had to replace the bent alloy too.

My report: vehicle steering is free, it's perfectly weighted, does not pull to the right as before, all problems pertaining to wheel alignment vanished!
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 14:14   #450
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Planned to get balancing, alignment done for my Swift Dzire. Set up an appointment for 9.15am, just when they open for business. The stock JK Tornado 165/80/R14 had done 41k Km and were about 5 years old, wearing away fast with some uneven wear (one of them quite bad). Given that the car would do highway trips most of the time, it did not make sense to just get the tyres balanced so made a quick decision to replace them with the Michelin Energy XM2 185/70/R14 (filled them up with Nitrogen). Got 4 tyres since I'd always followed a 4 tyre rotation scheme, so spare is new!

I reached Madhus, Langford Road at 9.05am, there was just one other car. Quickly had the tyres removed for inspection, decided on the new XM2's, got balancing and alignment done and was back home by 10.30am. Excellent service, staff very courteous and one of them explained the Hunter machines in detail.

Thanks Nikhil for all the help while you were away

*I'd wanted to get the 185 tyres when I bought the car but decided against it as I would end up losing a significant amount on the new stock tyres - that's for another time, a long term ownership review ? maybe after getting the wiper blades replaced as well
Oh and the car feels much more planted and ride quality is excellent now, the difference very much visible!

Last edited by NPV : 30th November 2013 at 14:20.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks