Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2014, 17:17   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Oh well, so I finally made it to "The" Madhus Enterprises at Langford Road.
The 30k service of my car was done last week. Report is HERE.
I flatly refused to get any kind of WA & WB service from the Chevy A.S.S. They are pathetic. I normally get it done at my neighborhood wheel alignment center. Report HERE.
But for a change I wanted to try out Madhus, which is so famous in Bangalore circle for its industry leading equipments and brilliant customer service. So I took the opportunity today to visit them.

Thanks to Google maps, I took a shortcut left and was lost somewhere. When I eventually reached after asking autowallahs I found that I made a fool of myself about knowing the location, but not knowing the street name. See, that's the problem with me. I know so many roads in Bangalore, but never cared to know the names of those streets. This store is bang below the Richmond Double Road Flyover.

The Job Done:

Anyways, I reached at around 10:45 AM today (17th Feb 14'). A few cars were parked outside, but then came to know that they were for some other job.

A guy walked up to me and asked me what I wanted. Told him Wheel Balancing and Alignment. He asked me to place my car on a ramp and started working on removing the tires. I then asked him about the new Road Force equipment that was making news in out WhatsApp group !! He said yes, it is there and can be done.

While the guy was removing the tires, I thought of calling up Nikhil and having a quick chat with him. The moment I told him my name, his response was "Oh, Green Beat !!". I never felt so happy and honoured. Someone remembered me and my car amongst his busy schedules !! That's a professional !! He said he was stuck with something urgent and offered a callback. I just asked him whether I should go with Road Force and his response was "definitely". So I asked the guy there to take the wheels to the Road Force equipment.

I was just standing there, when one of the staff from the reception desk walked up to me and said a big hello sir. Again, a warm feeling that someone attended to me, although the job was getting done by the ground staff. I told him that I had come for WA and WB with the new RF equipment. He guided me to the equipment, which looked like the normal WB equipment, but has a different technology inside.

I clicked a few videos of the equipment in action.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140227512.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140227518.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140217532.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140217533.jpg

Expenses Incurred:
I spent a total of Rs. 710. Got a wonderful Team-BHP discount too !!

Breakup of the total amount:
Wheel Alignment - Rs.250 - 20% disc = Rs.200
Road Force Balancing - Rs.100 per wheel x 4 = Rs. 400 - 20% disc = Rs.320
Wheel Balancing - Rs.30 (the spare wheel) - 20%disc = Rs.24
Ordinary Weights (140gm for the spare wheel) = Rs. 87
Service Tax = Rs.65
VAT = Rs.13

Verdict:

Overall a very satisfactory job. The car now runs silky smooth. I could feel a major change from earlier wobbling of the car to a very smooth ride now.
I would definitely recommend Madhus to fellow car users. Atleast give a try once.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 22:41   #482
BHPian

It's always been a pleasure getting wheel balancing and alignment done at Madhus. I've been a customer since almost 6 years and they always give the right advice and work quality is always best. Also, having one of BHPian, our Nikhil there increases trust all the more and you know that he'll be there to help out if anything goes wrong

Nikhil/Folks,
Regarding the Road Force balancing, is it different than the normal balancing machine which I believe is Hunter as well. I somehow have never been pointed out about that. Also, is it recommended to go for this everytime you want balancing done or only if you experience a pull in one direction post alignment or once the car has crossed certain kms? Is this applicable for brand new tyres as well?

Last edited by neel911 : 17th February 2014 at 22:42. Reason: speeling mistake
Old 18th February 2014, 12:20   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

After my disastrous experience with Tyre EmpireM HSR Layout, I went to Madhus a few weeks ago to get the alignment checked and balancing done again. I had gone on a Saturday by around 12:00 and was quickly attended to by one of the technicians. The alignment check was done in a jiffy and while I was waiting for the balancing to be done, I noticed the technician talking to an elderly gentleman who was probably the manager (my bad, I should have asked) there about the tyres.

While talking to him I told him about how the amateurs in Tyre Empire had experimented with my cars setup and when I mentioned that the car was 3 years old with 26k on odo he suggested that I don’t waste money on the Hunter WB cause the benefits would be minimal given the state of the tyres. Instead he suggested I run the car for another few months / couple of thousand kms and then upgrade because the excess balance weights on the current wheels were an indication of the state of the tyres.

As for the results – the car is back to driving in a straight line which was such a relief. I haven’t driven it much since then so I am not sure if the high speed shudder that was there earlier is still present or not and is something I need to check on. I didn’t have a TBHP sticker nor did I try to mention it at all but it was refreshing to see their mindset and approach as compared to Tyre Empire. Overall a top notch experience and recommended.

Also I spoke to them about a tyre upgrade to the 185s and they suggested the XM2 though they didn’t seem to have the new Earth series.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 18th February 2014 at 12:21.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 10:28   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
It's always been a pleasure getting wheel balancing and alignment done at Madhus. I've been a customer since almost 6 years and they always give the right advice and work quality is always best. Also, having one of BHPian, our Nikhil there increases trust all the more and you know that he'll be there to help out if anything goes wrong

Nikhil/Folks,
Regarding the Road Force balancing, is it different than the normal balancing machine which I believe is Hunter as well. I somehow have never been pointed out about that. Also, is it recommended to go for this everytime you want balancing done or only if you experience a pull in one direction post alignment or once the car has crossed certain kms? Is this applicable for brand new tyres as well?
Road Force balancing is very different. A lot more diagnosis is done on the tyre+rim assembly than a regular balancer. Hunter makes normal balancers and also road force balancers.

Ideally, it is recommended to get the road force done every time as it will prevent trial and error. A road force variation may not exist when the tyre is brand new but crop up at 5k, 10k, or 20k kms.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 16:56   #485
Team-BHP Support

A mixed experience today, through nobody's fault though.

Had been in touch with Nikhil recently about wanting to change my regular Bridgestones which were getting a bit old (but run very less). Spoke to him again yesterday and he advised I get the current tyres inspected thoroughly, and if there isn't a pressing need for new tires, the swap can be postponed if the tires are in good condition (I do need my liquid cash for another possible emergency, so sought Nikhil's advice). Fair play to him for being up-front about the entire thing, another dealer I spoke to insisted my tires are cracking and need to be replaced ASAP.

Went to Madhus at 9:30AM, was the second car in for the day. The car was mounted on a lift promptly to take the wheels off, and that's where things went south. One bolt on the right front wheel was jammed on the lug due to wrong threading. When it didn't budge despite several attempts, agreed to have it cut out and get the lug replaced at a garage, but when we tried to drive the car off, the wheel wasn't balancing very well on 3 nuts even at crawling speeds. In all the exercise, another nut got jammed too somehow. Asked Ravi (one of the managers) where the nearest Hyundai A.S.S. is, and it's fortunately situated close to Madhus. Went there and got all four lugs replaced on the front right hub (fast service because Ravi knew some people there, as Madhus were a supplier to Advaith Hyundai until recently, according to him). Madhus repaid me the bill for the lug replacement, very professional of them.

Back at Madhus, the rush was building up, but all five of my wheels were first properly inspected for damages inside & out, then balanced on the road force balancer (terrific piece of kit, that machine, loads of options and possible data points to check). The mechanics did seem to fall back on the manager's judgment for adjustments, but that's better than messing up not being sure. Fair enough.

Alignment was also done pretty quickly, and I was ready to go by about 3PM. A long day, but much better to have an issue when help's close by, rather than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with jammed bolts (I have a road-trip planned next week).

All in all, I'm happy with the service provided. Stuff goes wrong, but it's the will to set things right and assure the customer everything will be sorted out professionally that matters. I'll definitely go back to Madhus if I need tire-related help again.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th March 2014 at 17:25.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 18:57   #486
BHPian

After a while, it was time to visit my most trusted place to get things back in proper shape and it finally happened today. Had a very pleasant experience with good craftsmanship.

Here you go with the details and pics of the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3391636
BIBIN004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 20:27   #487
BHPian

I recently took reigns of my White Unicorn: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic iVTEC.

The car comes with skinny tyres: 175/65R15 and steel wheels.

So then my hunt for the tyre and alloy upgrade started. The forum of course was of immense help but for the final closure, I had to depend on our very own member Nikhil. In spite of being really busy in Delhi, he was so patient in answering all my queries/silly questions. I explained him my usage conditions and what was important for me and he helped me close on Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60R15 tyres. He will never push you into anything and would give you the right advice and lets you make final decision.

I then spoke to him about Alloy upgrade and how I was going from place to place to check on different designs mainly the ones that come from China. He then mentioned about Neo Alloys and put in front of me few benefits and that too totally unbiased. I was glad I had this conversation and he helped me to close on 2 designs of Neo Alloys.

I took delivery of my car in morning and gave him a call mentioning about my preferred time and he called his Langford Road centre and kept everything ready.As I was confused between 2 of the designs, he kept both of them ready so I could place them next to my car and see which one I like more.

Once I reached there, Mohsin was waiting with the tyres and alloys all ready. I checked on both alloy designs and was able to close on one. Mohsin is so patient in answering your tyre related questions and also gives valuable inputs to help in maintaining the tyres/alloys.

I also got to experience the Hunter Road Force Balancing machine and I would say that is some innovation. The kind of simulation this machine gives is just mind blowing. Mohsin was kind enough to go over minute details of how the machine works. I’m of the inquisitive type and Mohsin ensured he is around to answer all of that . Going forward I’m sure I’ll be going for Road Force balancers over the normal balancing machines.

I just cannot thank Nikhil and Mohsin enough here. At times we end up just looking at cost but I believe it’s the entire experience,the trust and reliability that makes a difference and which makes me go to Madhus again and again.

Some pictures/videos below:

Car all set for tyre and alloy upgrade
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140322_174025.jpg

Hunter Road Force Balancer
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140322_173142.jpg

Check on the left area of the wheel. You'll notice the small cylinder like rotor on which the tyre is made to roll to simulate real world situation
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140322_173021.jpg

The same thing seen on screen
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140322_174146.jpg

Tells you how to align the alloy with the tyre
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140322_173713.jpg

My tyres and alloys all set to be loaded on my car
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140322_174135.jpg

My White Unicorn with new shoes and alloys
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140325_170045.jpg

Videos Taken for the Hunter Road Force Balancer

The below video is pretty cool. Once all balancing is done and if you tr to mismatch the tyres, it shows the effect.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 21:07   #488
Senior - BHPian

The road force balancer is awesome. Ultimately how much balancing weight did the tyre take as for a 195/60/R14, 90 grams and 75 grams looks like a lot of weight.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:26   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I recently took reigns of my White Unicorn: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic iVTEC.

The car comes with skinny tyres: 175/65R15 and steel wheels.

My White Unicorn with new shoes and alloys
I was there when you came back the next day suspecting something wrong with the front wheel as there was huge pressure drop . I saw the tbhp key ring but was not sure if you are a bhpian .
Anyways , once you come to Madhus you can be rest assured that for every need of yours you will go there .

Bdw , I picked up one of your 15 " steel rim.
Little off topic , could you please confirm the pcd of the Neo alloys that you picked up for your city .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 22:33   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I was there when you came back the next day suspecting something wrong with the front wheel as there was huge pressure drop . I saw the tbhp key ring but was not sure if you are a bhpian .
Anyways , once you come to Madhus you can be rest assured that for every need of yours you will go there .

Bdw , I picked up one of your 15 " steel rim.
Little off topic , could you please confirm the pcd of the Neo alloys that you picked up for your city .

Cheers
Very true. I'm glad you took steel rim.

I picked up the foll. Neo alloy for my Honda City:
- Aristo HS, 100PCD, 4 Hole, 6.5J

This one goes well with the 195/60R15 Tyres I upgraded to but might be a bit of stretch for the stock 175/65R15 tyres.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 21:15   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

A late update: Got another round of Road Force balancing , rotation & alignment for my Storme done at Madhu's, about a month back. I must appreciate the effort & the interest taken by the team & Mr Gopal there.

Nikhil, thanks to everyone there - and you

One question, though
In case of RF balancing, when the weights used are higher, will it help to re-seat the tyre in a different position on the rim/wheel ? I feel that the relative position of the wheel & tyre w.r.t. each other also influences the amount of weight required, in RF balancing.
Old 17th April 2014, 11:14   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A late update: Got another round of Road Force balancing , rotation & alignment for my Storme done at Madhu's, about a month back. I must appreciate the effort & the interest taken by the team & Mr Gopal there.

Nikhil, thanks to everyone there - and you

One question, though
In case of RF balancing, when the weights used are higher, will it help to re-seat the tyre in a different position on the rim/wheel ? I feel that the relative position of the wheel & tyre w.r.t. each other also influences the amount of weight required, in RF balancing.
Hi Condor,

It may or may not help. It's a trial and error thing. In any case, the Road Force Balancer uses a special feature which minimises the amount of weight to be added.
Old 17th April 2014, 14:40   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Expenses Incurred:
I spent a total of Rs. 710. Got a wonderful Team-BHP discount too !!

Breakup of the total amount:
Wheel Alignment - Rs.250 - 20% disc = Rs.200
Road Force Balancing - Rs.100 per wheel x 4 = Rs. 400 - 20% disc = Rs.320
Wheel Balancing - Rs.30 (the spare wheel) - 20%disc = Rs.24
Ordinary Weights (140gm for the spare wheel) = Rs. 87
Service Tax = Rs.65
VAT = Rs.13
Killer pricing!
Someone recently told me that road force would cost 400 per rim which I thought was insane. Good to know that regular pricing has been maintained in Madhus.
Old 18th April 2014, 12:02   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

I had decided to upgrade the OEM JK Tyres due to the wobbling issue I faced at higher speeds (refer to my post on the same page) before doing a long drive back to Cochin. I called up Madhus last Friday for options and quotes and on Sat went there with the A drives and Z LOs being at the top of my shortlist.

After talking to the young gentleman there (I forgot his name, very helpful chap) I decided to go in for the A drives in 185/70/ 14 based on his recommendation. Despite the steady stream of customers, the work was done quickly and I did get a Tbhp discount as well so I was very satisfied. The only thing was that they didnt have a 5th tyre on Saturday so I had to go back on monday to get that. Again, the work was done quickly. Top marks for service and customer centricity and definitely recommended.

Wrt the tyres, they are definitely a big step up in terms of grip and noise reduction as compared to the OEM set. Braking distance has come down noticeably and it was fun chucking the car around in the few curves between Palakkad and Trichur. Mileage seems to have dropped a bit though. I've always read about how X tyre was better than Y in terms of ABC parameters but for the first time I have actually experienced it .

The thing is though, the wobbling has reduced but is still present. Earlier it used to come in around 80 and the steering wheel used to judder at 100 and at speeds higher than that it used to judder much more to the extent that I would back off to a slower speed. At that point in time I put it down to the old tyres. Yesterday while driving back to Cochin I found it now judders between 90 and 110 and beyond that the steering wheel transmits minor vibes but I can feel these minor vibes through the seats as well. Its not unpleasant but it is noticeable. I'll be taking it to my mechanic tomorrow to see if he can check the suspension and identify if there is some other cause other than the tyres.

On sunday I had planned to check if the high speed issue was eliminated but the smaller sized spare wheel (stock ones were 165s) meant I didn't want to take a risk of going out on a long drive without a usable spare. The only potential source I can think of is that one of the alloys had a higher weight added (100 gms IIRC) which the technician said was due to a minor and barely noticeable bend but the fact that it was placed at the back would mean that it would not cause any issues.

Guys, any suggestions on what to look for to eliminate this problem? Will be cross posting in the Punto thread for any thoughts from fellow owners.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 18th April 2014 at 12:10.
Old 18th April 2014, 12:27   #495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The only potential source I can think of is that one of the alloys had a higher weight added (100 gms IIRC) which the technician said was due to a minor and barely noticeable bend but the fact that it was placed at the back would mean that it would not cause any issues..
Seems like its the bent on the wheel, check if the other alloy that was on the same side also has the issue. Yes a bent at the rear will not show at the steering but can create some minor road noise while resonating. But if the balancing is right and there are no other damages to your suspension, then alloys are most likely the reason.

Most Viewed