Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:56   #511
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quick report on my visit to Madhu's on Saturday

It was time for my regular 5k alignment, balancing and rotation.

I decided to get it done just around 4.8k as quite a few long distance drives were in the pipeline

Was in and out in 25 mins flat on Saturday thanks to the light crowd during lunch time

And the road force was spot on with the pull. And the tyres are also in the last leg of its life (completed 50k on Yoko A Drives). Still enough thread left but am seriously considering Michelin XM2 after 10k hopefully with HS Axis Neo alloys.

Yoko A drive's have been relatively problem free but the tyre noise has been on the rise and isn't something I am happy about

Hope Michelin's / Continental provides me an opportunity to ride noise free

Cheers

Last edited by csateesh : 23rd June 2014 at 11:05.
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 22:28   #512
BHPian

Been to Madhu's today to get new shoes for a friends SX4.

Nikhil ensured his team was already informed and ensured a professional and quick tyre change, road force balancing and alignment. Thanks to You and Your team, Nikhil.

Your affirmation to the choice of Goodyear assurance is spot on, the drive was oh so smooth and comfortable than the previous JK Vectra's.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 18:03   #513
Senior - BHPian

My uncle's Lancer tires had worn out and had some serious alignment issues. He got new A-Drives and road force balancing at Madhu's. He then drove straight to Mangalore. He is very happy with the service and gave a big thumbs up for the balancing and alignment carried out. He is now ready to drive down to Bangalore each time to get the road force balancing done.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 13:35   #514
BHPian

A quick report of my visit to Madhus today for my regular 5k alignment and balancing.

Fantastic place, was in out in an hour even when there was moderate crowd today which was not bad at all.

The road force balancing is too good. The first time I am getting that done for my car and it was spot on.

Overall very impressive and professional approach by them. Nikhil was personally present today and it was great meeting him as well !!!
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 21:59   #515
BHPian

Quick feedback from my experience with Madhu's last week; I had spoken to them about a deal for 8 tyres all Michelin XM2. Completed one of the cars; Immediate difference in the ride Quality of the Verna !! I loved it. Next my beloved Punto will get XM2's.
Do note that quality comes at a price, these guys are definitely pricier but hey! a few bucks more & much lesser headaches long term & I have always been a sucker for quality which most of the Auto related services severely lack.

Also, while registering the warranty they registered the wrong profile size with Michelin. I have to get it rectified.
One Negative I have to state is that; they offered 100/= bucks for my 15K run KUMHO tyres and close to my house the local guys were ready to pay 500/= for each & that was just mentioned in passing no negotiating !! I don't get why they would quote a resale value so less, they may have their reasons and it is a business which they are running, but, I was little taken aback with the ethic or lack of it specifically with that interaction.

But, I am happy ! :-) and my beloved punto will be getting his new shoes only through them.

Last edited by vshetty : 21st July 2014 at 22:03. Reason: Spell check
Old 29th July 2014, 11:57   #516
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One small piece of unhappy feedback.
When I went there a while back for the routine 5000kms tyre balancing/ rotation etc, during the wheel alignment process they had placed those regulating and adjustment mechanisms on the steering wheel to help centre it.
Later, once the work was done, I observed a tiny nick or scar on the leather wrapped steering wheel where the adjustment mechanism was tightened during the fixing process.
This is irritating because the car is an expensive one and I try my best to keep it pristine.
Every time I drive my car I can feel that little nick and see it too, since it is in the upper left quadrant of my steering wheel and nothing I do will make it go away.
However I've not made a noise about it since I noticed it after I had left the premises and I have not gone to that area after that.
Nikhil, yesterday evening, I had the same issue on my vento. The bill was done at 17:30(for details you can refer). Can you please ask your guys to take care of this. It really hurts, see this in brand new Vento.

otherwise excellent experience in last 10+ years.
Old 30th July 2014, 08:09   #517
Senior - BHPian

Update on my visit to Madhus on Monday (27th) around 4 pm.

Jobs done:
Wheel Alignment
Ride Height Measurement
Wheel Balancing (Roadforce)
Wheel Rotation (Roadforce)

They are now fully equipped with 2 Roadforce equipments. That means you get the best quality and accurate output.

Special mention about Ride Height Measurement.
They fix a small device to the lower half of the wheel arch.
Some camera or sensor or something is used to measure the height of the suspension on the axle (or something like that).

The front left and right suspensions should be at a same height, and the rear left and right should be at a same height.

On my Beat, the front right showed a huge difference in the height (measured in mm) from the front left. This indicates that the right suspension needs attention.
The rear left and right were also at a different height, but negligible difference.

I liked this new device. Although you can't fix it there (I wish they could), but atleast you know that which of your suspension needs attention.

All the jobs done in around 50 mins flat. I didn't see the bill, but the total amount spent was little higher than what I paid about 4 months back.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 15:01   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Update on my visit to Madhus on Monday (27th) around 4 pm.

Jobs done:
Wheel Alignment
Ride Height Measurement
Wheel Balancing (Roadforce)
Wheel Rotation (Roadforce)

They are now fully equipped with 2 Roadforce equipments. That means you get the best quality and accurate output.

Special mention about Ride Height Measurement.
They fix a small device to the lower half of the wheel arch.
Some camera or sensor or something is used to measure the height of the suspension on the axle (or something like that).

The front left and right suspensions should be at a same height, and the rear left and right should be at a same height.

On my Beat, the front right showed a huge difference in the height (measured in mm) from the front left. This indicates that the right suspension needs attention.
The rear left and right were also at a different height, but negligible difference.

I liked this new device. Although you can't fix it there (I wish they could), but atleast you know that which of your suspension needs attention.

All the jobs done in around 50 mins flat. I didn't see the bill, but the total amount spent was little higher than what I paid about 4 months back.
The right side will always sag because you would have driven that recently. How big is the difference?
Old 30th July 2014, 16:59   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd taken my EcoSport for alignment and balancing to Madhus this afternoon, after fixing up with Nikhil earlier. I also wanted to check on a slow puncture, and inspect another tyre for damage as I hit a kerb.

I was greeted with the usual efficiency and speed by the people there, and the friendliness of the people in the explanations and tips they were offering.

I was slightly disheartened to find that my EcoSport is also having a dodgy nut, as reported by others on the ownership thread. Fortunately, since the ES comes with a mounted spare, we swapped one of those nuts for the problematic one.

I'm quoting this post from the EcoSport thread that has a nice picture of the problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is being reported by many ecosport owners. The SA even said the same thing. Here's one pic, courtesy - TAI
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 09:32   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

The right side will always sag because you would have driven that recently. How big is the difference?
Just now had a close look at the differences.
Looks bad for both the front and rear suspensions.
14mm difference between front left and right.
15mm difference between rear left and right.

Here is the reading :

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20140801-09.28.53.jpg

EDIT: The TBHP Logo came up on the bottom left. It says 'Rear Axle Ride Height'.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 1st August 2014 at 09:34. Reason: EDIT
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 22:03   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at Madhu's today afternoon for the Rotation + Balancing + alignment. The service was very good, as always. Thanks to all of them !

Nikhil, wasn't a planned visit in the sense I was passing by & asked if they could do it today. Was a little crowded, but they still managed it smoothly.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 14:17   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Just now had a close look at the differences.
Looks bad for both the front and rear suspensions.
14mm difference between front left and right.
15mm difference between rear left and right.

Here is the reading :

Attachment 1268975

EDIT: The TBHP Logo came up on the bottom left. It says 'Rear Axle Ride Height'.
Dont worry about it. If you leave it parked for a couple of days and then check you will find the difference much lesser.

This is ok. Dont break your head over it!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 00:32   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Dont worry about it. If you leave it parked for a couple of days and then check you will find the difference much lesser.

This is ok. Dont break your head over it!
My suspension has become stiff and the left front and rear make an "empty container" kinda noise when it goes over rough patches on the road.

I feel that the suspension fluid (or anything similar) may have dried up over the past 3 years. This may have caused the suspension to have become hard and noisy and may be, cause a difference in ride height.

Just assuming from a layman's perspective.
My 3 year GM warranty got over in March and my service is due in the 2nd week of Aug, and I am pretty much scared to bring up the suspension issue. The CASS may just open up everything and say "Replace" which would send a big hole in the pocket. I would like to get it checked at a local garage before heading to CASS. Let me see how it goes.
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:43   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Been to Madhu's today to get new shoes for a friends SX4.

Nikhil ensured his team was already informed and ensured a professional and quick tyre change, road force balancing and alignment. Thanks to You and Your team, Nikhil.

Your affirmation to the choice of Goodyear assurance is spot on, the drive was oh so smooth and comfortable than the previous JK Vectra's.

I went to Madhu's today for tire change for my SX4. They had the option of JK Vectra and Good Year Assurance for my budget. They had arranged both the tires ready by the time I reached there.
Good year Assurance was cheaper.
Ravi recommended to go for JK for SX4. I mentioned to him that Nikhil has been recommending Good Year in the forum.

He said for SX4, JK works better than Good year. Changed 4 tyres of JK and kept an old one as spare.

Work was done quickly and I was out in 45 mins.

Only thing is they charge for Balancing, alignment and nitrogen. Other places provide this as free when buying new tires. Anyways no complain, good to watch the Road Force Balancing in Action.

Tire pressure seems to be higher as while returning the ride was bouncy. Need to check it reduce a bit to 32.

Overall good experience.
prskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:50   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Tire pressure seems to be higher as while returning the ride was bouncy.
Brand new tires, Hardly driven, Sidewalls getting ready to flex and stretch themselves - I think its a matter of time before the ride gets settled.
Quote:
Need to check it reduce a bit to 32.
Isn't the recommended Air pressure for 205/55/16 30 PSI in SX4 Petrol for all the 4 wheels?

Most Viewed