Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 15:13   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Picked up a single Goodyear Assurance 205/60/16 for my Cruze to use along with the unused spare (JK Vectra) on the back axles. Price was excellent at Rs. 5, 650 including fitting and balancing. Service was excellent as always.

Liked the ride back so much Head Office authorised purchase of 2 more for the front :-)
Plan to go back tomorrow for the same. Will post pictures of the old and new in a short while.
Please hover your cursor over each picture for the legend.

Fitted the 3 new Assurances to the front, 1 at the rear and advised to retain the unused OEM JK Vectra at the rear. Need to figure out the tyre roation going forward. Ride is much much improved and has now revealed that the front brake callipers are clattering again. The rears were in really bad condition with the TWI on par with the tread.

Service was impeccable as usual! Highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-old-rear-1.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-old-rear-2.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-old-rear-3.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-old-rear-4.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-old-front-1.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-old-front-2.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-new-assurance-1.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-new-vectra.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-new-assurance-3.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-new-assurance-4.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st November 2014 at 15:16. Reason: Typo
Old 21st November 2014, 17:01   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even I faced the same issue during my recent trip to Shimoga. Earlier I had faced this after the alignment was done and I re-visited them to get it corrected and it was done promptly.
Pulling in case of my car was only after driving considerable (almost 10k) kms. Got rectified as part of my visit.
Quote:
I am not sure why again it started pulling to the left, especially I noticed this for a long time on the Bangalore - Nelamangala - Hassan highway, is it something to do with the roads or is there a problem with my car's alignment??
Next time, After ensuring that some BHPian is not tailing you with his camera ready, after assessing that no traffic is tailing you at least till your vision is able to see in the IRVM, try driving in the center (Keeping the lane markers in the middle) for a while and check if you experience the pulling.

This should be on a supposedly straight stretch which is not elevated. I have often noticed that road banking on elevated sections and flyovers do give you a wrong impression of this pull.

The other thing that can help you identify if there is a pull at all is quite simple - If your hand(s) are putting efforts to keep the car in its lane, its surely pulling! At the end of the drive, you for sure will have a bit of shoulder and muscle pain.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 18:33   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Next time, After ensuring that some BHPian is not tailing you with his camera ready, after assessing that no traffic is tailing you at least till your vision is able to see in the IRVM, try driving in the center (Keeping the lane markers in the middle) for a while and check if you experience the pulling.

This should be on a supposedly straight stretch which is not elevated. I have often noticed that road banking on elevated sections and flyovers do give you a wrong impression of this pull.

The other thing that can help you identify if there is a pull at all is quite simple - If your hand(s) are putting efforts to keep the car in its lane, its surely pulling! At the end of the drive, you for sure will have a bit of shoulder and muscle pain.
Thanks paragsachania, will try this next time and see if alignment is the issue or the roads. As you mentioned it might be the elevated sections which is making me think.
Old 24th November 2014, 16:07   #544
BHPian

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Had to visit Madhu's for a tyre replacement for my steed !!

Was in and out in around 45 mins inspite of being very crowded on Friday noon time.

Road force is just simply brilliant

They had to mount the tyres multiple times on the rims - Am not surprised even a bit thanks to the quality of Bangalore roads

Since I opted for Michelin's - My initial feedback is recorded here
csateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:59   #545
BHPian

Took the Land Rover Defender 110 for a routine alignment and as usual they did a fantastic job.
Prithvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:43   #546
BHPian

I had swapped the tyres of my new punto with Michelin XM2 at Madhus Enterprises on Nov 8th.
Drove it to Madhus straight from the showroom after reading the good reviews here.

I had already called them and let them know that I would be coming and they had everything ready. Even though the shop was crowded as it was a Saturday, the staff were very patient and courteous. Everything looked well organized and the tyre swap process was very smooth. The whole process took only around 30-45 minutes.
They also offered a very good buy back price for the Goodyear duraplus tyres that were on the car.

There was also an offer of a free sony portable charger with the purchase of 4 Michelin tyres!

I had to go there again last Monday as the rear left tyre had deflated fully.
They found that the inner side wall had a cut and it wasn't covered under
warranty as well. So had to buy a new tyre again!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 18:56   #547
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to get new set of shoes for my i20 and hence fixed up an appointment with Nikhil. Bought Michelin XM2 this time and the service by the staff was pleasant and superb as usual .
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 17:23   #548
BHPian

I have one question related to road-force balancing. I do balancing every 5k Kms and make sure that I rotate the tyres in every 5k (5 tyre rotation). From my previous experience the road-force system suggests the best possible positions for the tyres based on various factors.
But every time, the road-force balancing is done to only 4 tyres. The rotation (which tyre to be kept as 5th) is a manual decision taken by the attendant. Should the balancing to be done to all 5 tyres and let the system decide which 4 tyres to be used?
scorpio_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 16:16   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

I changed the tyres of my SX4 at Madhus around a month back. I am extremely happy with the whole experience - the service quality, professionalism and friendliness I experienced was just great!

I discussed the tyre choices with Nikhil on phone (I needed 205/60/R16 size for my SX4-ZXi, to replace the OEM JK Vectras). I was initially considering Michelin Primacy LCs, but after discussing costs, pros and cons of various choices with Nikhil, we mutually decided that I could go with Goodyear Assurance. As always, Nikhil was very helpful on phone and he guided me very well towards the right choice!

I drove to Madhus straight from office after my discussion with Nikhil, and in a very quick time, got the tyres changed to Goodyear Assurance. Of course, I got wheel balancing and alignment done as well.

The manager and in general everybody in the shop was very friendly and courteous. They answered all my questions politely, and most importantly, did a fabulous and quick job of changing the tyres and doing the alignment and balancing.

I had faced perennial misalignment with my earlier tyres, so I was very eager to see how the car feels after the new tyres and alignment. And I am very happy to report that the alignment is perfect now.

Now coming to the tyres, I am pretty happy with the new tyres (of course, they can't match the Michelin PLCs, but at about 60% the price, they are pretty good!). I was waiting to write this till I did enough driving to be able get a fair understanding. And after some 1500km since the tyre change, with a long drive to Wayanad included, now I can confidently say that I am happy with the tyres and the alignment is near-perfect now!

Overall, I would rate Madhus and the experience there as 5 out of 5, and strongly recommend this place for anybody in Bangalore for any tyre related needs.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 14:52   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
I have one question related to road-force balancing. I do balancing every 5k Kms and make sure that I rotate the tyres in every 5k (5 tyre rotation). From my previous experience the road-force system suggests the best possible positions for the tyres based on various factors.
But every time, the road-force balancing is done to only 4 tyres. The rotation (which tyre to be kept as 5th) is a manual decision taken by the attendant. Should the balancing to be done to all 5 tyres and let the system decide which 4 tyres to be used?
Most of the times, we only do 4 wheel balancing and rotation as the spare is usually a different size or a different type of wheel.

When we do measure the road force on the 5th wheel, we can use the computer to figure out which are the best 4 out of the 5 and use those 4 in the best possible setting. This is valid assuming the 5th wheel is the same size.
Old 7th February 2015, 09:40   #551
BHPian

Got the wheel alignment and balancing as always at Madhus. Prior to the visit, I was facing wobbling issues. Wasn't sure if it was the fault of tyre or the car. The balancing turned out to be perfect and alignment corrected. Still the issues persisted, only to know later that the tyres were at fault. Three out of four tyres were out of shape/ bulged with EVEN tread wear. Can't this issue of shapeless tyre be caught during balancing?
Old 11th February 2015, 13:56   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, you guys service even Volvo's ?!! Was passing by your Kanakapura Rd unit today morning and was pleasantly surprised to see a KSRTC Airavat getting it's alignment done. I have regularly seen trucks there, I had not expected this one.

Way to go !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 21:43   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
Got the wheel alignment and balancing as always at Madhus. Prior to the visit, I was facing wobbling issues. Wasn't sure if it was the fault of tyre or the car. The balancing turned out to be perfect and alignment corrected. Still the issues persisted, only to know later that the tyres were at fault. Three out of four tyres were out of shape/ bulged with EVEN tread wear. Can't this issue of shapeless tyre be caught during balancing?
For the above mentioned issue, thanks to Bhpian Wasavatyres, I got in touch with GoodYear engineer and was able to get replacement of four tyres due to tyres bulging. The car checked in Ford A.S.S bu GY engineer, and was able to get 60% waved off on new set of tyres. This percentage was calculated based on the old tyres usuage.

Best part was, got the OE tyres replaced at Madhus with Yokohama Earth-1s.

Mr. Ravi of Madhus was very helpful throughtout the purchase process.

Last edited by FordDodo : 12th February 2015 at 21:46.
Old 14th February 2015, 14:50   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Most of the times, we only do 4 wheel balancing and rotation as the spare is usually a different size or a different type of wheel.

When we do measure the road force on the 5th wheel, we can use the computer to figure out which are the best 4 out of the 5 and use those 4 in the best possible setting. This is valid assuming the 5th wheel is the same size.
Thanks Nikhil for the info, I have done the road force balancing from Madhus 2 times now for my XUV. As you are aware for XUV the 5th Tyre is on the same spec as that of others. Always I requested tyre rotation including the 5th tyre, but the road force balancing was done only to 4. I always felt if you do road force balancing with 5 tyres this will be better. Anyway next time I will insist for that

Scorpio Fan
Old 20th February 2015, 14:25   #555
BHPian

Nikhil, Long time. Trust you are well. Came a few times for my Civic and i10 alignments etc. but you were not around. As usual the friendly folks attended promptly and well. Thanks.

Now to my question: I did not find a suitable thread on Polo 1.2 TSI tyre upgrades and hence posting it here.

The stock size is 185/60 R15 on 6J Alloys. 195/60 or 205/55 should be the right upgrade options.

Need your view based on what you have done on other Polos. Also need recommendations for Tyre options.

I booked the car today and expect delivery in March. Will bother you again then as I plan to drive straight from showroom to your place. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Most Viewed