Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2018, 17:38   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

The Duke needed a new rubber to roll and Madhus was my first choice to replace the tyre and also to experience the newly introduced 2W tyre balancing. The post by audioholic above tilted me to try the balancing.

I had replaced the front tyre during December from the Metzeler that came along with the bike with a Timsun make. The rear tyre in stock configuration was touching the swing arm and I could not proceed further. Thanks to black12rr who lent me his Michelin which I have used for around 2k kms till date. Somehow I missed the exchange which was promised by the Motocafe guys due to my personal commitments which i finally mamaged to pick and proceeded to Madhus for replacement on saturday. The replacement was a 140 section.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_081205.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_081332.jpg

Landed at Madhus at 0920 on saturday anticipating the rush over the weekend. I was welcomed by Mr. Manju who worked at the JC road shop earlier and was attended to promptly.
The bike was parked inside the shop and the rear wheel was dismantled. The paddock stand being used made things easy. The Michelin was removed on the tyre changer and the new Timsun was fixed. The new tyre needed a bit of shove and push as it is an off road tyre and the sidewalls are quire rigid.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_095307.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_095402.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_095817_burst1.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_100441.jpg

Post the installation, the wheel was taken to the balancer and run. The tyre did not require any weights inspite of double checking. The tyre went back in place and the front was taken off. Since the bike has side stand only, a jack was placed to support the bike. I liked the way they attend to the bike.The tyre went onto the balancer and required weights were fixed to balance the wheel. The tyre went back to its place after this.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_100824.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_101040.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_101103.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_102815_burst1.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_103526.jpg

i did a small ride yesterday where in I felt the bike handled better then before. Since it is a new tyre I have not tried its limits and would like to run for a few more kms post which I can tell about the tyre in the Duke ownership experience thread.

Overall a happy and satisfied customer as always, thanks to the efficient team at Madhus. I would strongly recommend them for such work.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_113301.jpg

Flaunting the new jewelry.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180616_113324.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 14:57   #692
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to Madhus last weekend to change tyres and get balancing/alignment done. Went on a Sunday and reached early, so was a very smooth experience.

Have moved to Yoko Geolander G015s, keeping fingers crossed re the sidewalls :-)
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 18:57   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Had gone to Madhus last weekend to change tyres and get balancing/alignment done. Went on a Sunday and reached early, so was a very smooth experience.
Have they started working on Sunday now? I remember that they were not working on Sunday (this was a long time back) and I didn’t ask again.
Old 26th June 2018, 19:08   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Have they started working on Sunday now? I remember that they were not working on Sunday (this was a long time back) and I didn’t ask again.
Yes. To avoid crowd, go early on Sunday after fixing an appointment with them.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 10:45   #695
BHPian

Hi,
I got the wheel alignment and balancing done this weekend for my car. It is a great experience to see the team of professionals work on the tyres. Along with this, I also did the AC gas refill, as my car is 5 years old and the cooling had come down in the recent past. Against the required 430 gms of coolant for the Fluidic Verna, it only had about 177 gms. Am yet to test it in hot conditions, and will post it once I get a chance.

Overall a happy experience.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
kiyer_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 10:04   #696
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend had been to Madhus on Sunday (yes, they're now working on Sundays and it's a boon to escape Bangalore's traffic) to get the tyres on their 2011 i10 replaced.
They went with Michelin Energy XM2 in stock size 155/80 R13. They were extremely impressed with the service and the overall experience
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 21:31   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Madhu's today to finally change my Octavia's OEM 205/55/16 Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres. They had run ~38k km in 2.7 years and were totally knackered.

They could have run around 5k km more, but I had begun dislike the harsh ride, droning noise at certain speeds, constant minor punctures and top-ups required, TCS coming on very often combined with a judder, and a general feeling that a suspension overhaul was on the cards :-(

So did my OCD research on the Michelin P3ST, Continental MC5/CPC2, Pirelli P7 Cinturato, Yokohama DB/SD series, and finally went for the best option (in this size) which was the Michelin Primacy 3 ST 205/55/16.

Reached Madhu's around 1130 and was out in ~75 minutes flat with an immaculate set of February 2018 P3STs AND a big gleam on my face within the first few minutes. Many thanks to Nikhil for his warm hospitality and special pricing, and indeed to his professional team for magically doing every step within the crowded environment at the Langford Road premises. I did the Roadforce assessment for the first time and was also glad to see that only 1 alloy was marginally damaged and nothing to be worried about.

First reaction after doing my daily 30 km home was a sense of amazing peace and relief at regaining my Octavia's original 'feel' back. The NVH from the old tyres that I could feel at 80 now comes in a good 50% later :-) It just glides like silk now. More feedback later. A few pictures follow:
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20180813-9.13.52-pm.jpeg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20180813-9.15.10-pm.jpeg  

itwasntme is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 11:52   #698
BHPian

Got my Honda Unicorn's tyres changed at Madhus. Had called them to check if tyres were available and was informed that both Michelin and MRF were available and Michelin will cost Rs 300 more. Decided to go for the better brand as it is only marginally costlier. Reached Madhus and after checking the system was informed that only the front tyre is available if I want Michelin. I had to go for MRF for both or one Michelin and one MRF or return a week later as they will place the order for the rear Michelin tyre.

Was disappointed as I had clearly confirmed on the phone before arriving.
Decided to go for MRF (front and rear) as the old tyres had absolutely no life in them and was risky to use for another week.

The work and pricing were very satisfying though!

Next visit will be for replacing the car tyres and now I am wondering if I need to double check before dropping in!

Last edited by Nalin1 : 12th November 2018 at 11:54.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 10:37   #699
BHPian

I had been to Madhus last Saturday for a tyre change on my Swift. I changed from JK tyres to Yokohoma. Based on my research and budget, I was to choose between ZLX and Earth1. The thread pattern and the difference of only a couple of hundred rupees over the MRF made me choose Yokohoma. Wheel alignment and balancing was done.

I also used their A/C recharging service. I was explained about how the machine works and that it should be done in around 45 mins. It recovers the old AC gas/oil from the car, checks for leaks and then fills the new gas/oil. For some unknown reason, the first cycle, after going through all the steps and 45 mins, failed. The blower was actually throwing warm air. Mohsin ran the machine the second time to get it sorted. We were not able to figure out why it failed the first time.

I reached there around 11AM and was out by 1:30PM. But for the AC recharge hiccup, I was impressed with the service of the whole team there . The tyres+alignment+balancing+ac recharge cost me ~16K.
lipaul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 11:34   #700
Senior - BHPian

Few weeks back, I got the tyres of my 1991 Padmini changed at Madhus. The new Tyres - MRF Legend 5.20-14 were procured from MRF by Bhpian Srinivas Chakravarthy.

For such old classics, there is no better choice than Madhus. Thank you Madhus Team and Nikhil.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180517_161700741.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180520_095746754.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180520_100324574.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180520_100751100.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180520_103900256.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180722_063717235_hdr.jpg  

arun1100 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 08:03   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been to Madhus for new tyres, wheel alignment and road force wheel balancing. I went with MRF Perfinza 205/60 R16 for my S-Cross. This is my 3rd visit to Madhus and service was good as always. The work was done within an hour and I met Nikhil too who would make sure everything is done perfectly

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20190226_184815.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20190226_184805.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th February 2019 at 08:04.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 14:46   #702
BHPian

Got the Yokohama Geolander HT tyres installed at Madhus. Have now driven for about 2000 kms and the tyres are quite good.

Experience-
Had called and confirmed the availability of the tyres before dropping in. Hence they were readily available. The work started soon and since it was a Saturday, as expected there was a big crowd.
The old MRF tyres had the puncture resistant liquid like Slime in it but had lost all its effectiveness after 41000 kms. But when replacing the tyres, the alloys had to be checked for any kind of rust. I specifically requested them for the same and when replacing the tyres only one alloy apparently had rusted a bit. It was shown to me and quickly cleaned before proceeding. Got the wheel alignment and balancing done before driving away.

After about 3 weeks, noticed air leakage from one of the tyres. Thought "well here we go with the first puncture". But when the puncture guy checked it, he said leakage is from the side and does not look like a puncture. Need to take the tyre out and check.

Went back to Madhus on a Sunday and there was hardly any crowd. Explained the issue and they got to work straightway. When they examined, it was found this alloy too had some rust issues (due to the liquid). It was not checked properly when the new tyres were installed as there was too much crowd and enough time was not allotted!. This time they cleaned it thoroughly. Asked them to check all the tires thoroughly once again and cleaned completely. All the leakage issues have now disappeared.

Though I was a little unhappy that I had to go twice, overall quite satisfying as one would expect from Madhus.

Initially the tyres were not as quiet as I had thought. The main reason that I had gone for HT tyres was the supposedly lesser noise and quieter rides. I was filling air regularly at the HP bunk next to Manipal Hospital (HAL Airport road) assuming that their machines will be perfectly calibrated being a COCO bunk and also I fill fuel from there.

Switched back to the IOC outside Manyatha tech park where I used to check air earlier and wow!. The tyres have become so quiet and the diesel Terrano feels like a petrol Honda ! Have no idea if the HP bunk has faulty machines or because I used to drive 3 kms before checking air made any difference.

Do modern tyres bulge just a little bit at the bottom even if they are inflated perfectly? And that the slight bulge is always not visible!. Read online this is one of their characteristics. Is that true?
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 00:10   #703
BHPian

Dropped into Madhus for tyre change today.

As usual, it was a flawless process.

Tyre Info: 245/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport 4
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_2144.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_2147.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_2153.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-ikecpd6swqberrrnxdow.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_2170.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 06:22   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, what is the plate below the rear wheels for ?
Old 5th April 2019, 18:52   #705
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Madhus last week for wheel alignment and balancing for the Wagon R, another good experience as usual - posted about it on my ownership thread here (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®)

They also have a new device now to test batteries which was used to confirm that the battery was bad, didn't replace it for now, but may need to sometime soon. It was a revelation to me that Madhus also deals with automotive batteries, don't know why I never noticed or knew about it earlier!
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed