Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 19th July 2019, 09:49   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I was facing a peculiar problem, in that the steering was not truly centred.

I hope you reported this issue to them before they began the alignment. Sometimes my car develops this issue, where the steering has to be slightly turned to drive the car straight, and when I center the steering, the car tracks to a direction. When they begin the alignment, they mount the wheel targets and turn the steering to either side to do some sort of calibration. This ends when the system shows that the wheels are somewhat straight. In this process, the steering might not be straight. Whenever I reported this issue, they used to first center the steering at this point visually, though now they have a measuring tool for steering angle as well. Before the steering wheel is locked into position, the centering is checked and then alignment is done. This has sorted out my issue whenever there is a centering problem. In my case that has been due to the toe being misaligned in the same direction. If your issue exists beyond this, then there could be some problem other than alignment and balancing.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2019, 17:50   #722
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Yes, of course - I drove all the way from Marathahalli to Double Road only get this sorted. And second time round they did do the process you mention. It's a marked improvement, no doubt. And I'm grateful. I hope it did not come across as a complaint. They know their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I hope you reported this issue to them before they began the alignment.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote