Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 09:49   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I was facing a peculiar problem, in that the steering was not truly centred.

I hope you reported this issue to them before they began the alignment. Sometimes my car develops this issue, where the steering has to be slightly turned to drive the car straight, and when I center the steering, the car tracks to a direction. When they begin the alignment, they mount the wheel targets and turn the steering to either side to do some sort of calibration. This ends when the system shows that the wheels are somewhat straight. In this process, the steering might not be straight. Whenever I reported this issue, they used to first center the steering at this point visually, though now they have a measuring tool for steering angle as well. Before the steering wheel is locked into position, the centering is checked and then alignment is done. This has sorted out my issue whenever there is a centering problem. In my case that has been due to the toe being misaligned in the same direction. If your issue exists beyond this, then there could be some problem other than alignment and balancing.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:50   #722
Senior - BHPian

Yes, of course - I drove all the way from Marathahalli to Double Road only get this sorted. And second time round they did do the process you mention. It's a marked improvement, no doubt. And I'm grateful. I hope it did not come across as a complaint. They know their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I hope you reported this issue to them before they began the alignment.
Old 25th November 2019, 10:00   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week, visited Madhus for getting the alignment job executed for my Ertiga as I replaced the suspension during the periodic service and it was imperative to get this done.

I casually messaged Nikhil to check if he was around so we could meet but he responded back that he was out of station. Within a minute, as I was waiting for the job to be done, one of their managers called my name and said Nikhil informed that someone known to him was around . Thanks for the extra car Nikhil. Needless to say, your entire staff till now has always been helpful.

They have got this digital device to set the steering to the center position:
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20191120_122346.jpg

On the job:
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20191120_122423.jpg

In the end, it was yet another quick and a professional experience and I was out in under 15 minutes as I only wanted to get the alignment done. The good experience at Madhus continues!!
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:58   #724
BHPian

Got the three periodic jobs- alignment, balancing and rotation done.

As usual very nicely done with attention to detail.

When the tyre pressure was checked, it showed 38 PSI. I use a inflator at home when the tyres are cold and had set it at 33 PSI. Madhus is around 9 kms from my home and after a drive, the tyres are hot enough to show much higher pressure, is that right?

They then reduced it to 33 PSI and completed the job.

When I checked the pressure the next day after the car had been parked for more than 12 hours, the pressure was 29 PSI. That means they ended up reducing the tyre pressure from around 33 PSI earlier.

Now this issue is no big deal. I will continue visiting them for anything related to tyres.

But I was just a little surprised that how come tyre professionals as experienced as Madhus are not aware of this simple fact?
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:56   #725
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
When the tyre pressure was checked, it showed 38 PSI. I use an inflator at home when the tyres are cold and had set it at 33 PSI.
Which inflator do you use? I don't think the gauge on it is calibrated to show the correct readings.

Madhu's being a professional store will have the gauges calibrated.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd January 2020 at 20:58.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:01   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Which inflator do you use? I don't think the gauge on it is calibrated to show the correct readings.

Forget that. Wouldn’t the tyres need to be fully deflated to do the balancing? And reinflated again to mount it back. Then where is the question of hot air etc.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:15   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Wouldn’t the tyres need to be fully deflated to do the balancing? And reinflated again to mount it back.
The tyres are not deflated for balancing. It is always set to the optimum pressure while balancing before beginning the process. How can a deflated tyre be balanced? I believe there will be excessive wobble due to the lack of rigidity of the tyre and balancing wont be accurate. If I misunderstood you in this, ie if you mean deflate the tyre, move it around the rim and reinflate, then my bad. Nothing of that sort is done unless the tyre has too much imbalance. That was the case with my bike tyre. It had excessive need for balancing weights and they removed the tyre and remounted it. That brought down the weight requirement to a meager 10% of the earlier indication.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:20   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The tyres are not deflated for balancing. It is always set to the optimum pressure while balancing before beginning the process. How can a deflated tyre be balanced? I believe there will be excessive wobble due to the lack of rigidity of the tyre and balancing wont be accurate. If I misunderstood you in this, ie if you mean deflate the tyre, move it around the rim and reinflate, then my bad. Nothing of that sort is done unless the tyre has too much imbalance. That was the case with my bike tyre. It had excessive need for balancing weights and they removed the tyre and remounted it. That brought down the weight requirement to a meager 10% of the earlier indication.
I always remember the boys removing the tyre from the rim, cleaning the innards of the rim and remounting the tyre back along with the balancing job.

Or maybe my memory is failing me.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:25   #729
BHPian

Had my Jazz taken to the shop for tyre replacement and wheel balancing - quite happy with the whole experience.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 17:37   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I use the Good year inflator. I assume it is accurate being a branded one.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 17:52   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I always remember the boys removing the tyre from the rim, cleaning the innards of the rim and remounting the tyre back along with the balancing job.

Or maybe my memory is failing me.
I guess you are referring to the road force balancing where in case of excessive road force, the tyre is deflated, rotated along the rim to the pre-suggested point by the machine and re-inflated and rebalanced.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 23:49   #732
BHPian

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Which brands of alloys do they deal with?
Saving up to buy 15 inch alloys for a honda city, would be great to have a budget to keep in mind as well, if it does not violate any forum rules,can probably take the discussion to PM
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:56   #733
Team-BHP Support

Madhus have been retailing alloy wheels now?! Never knew about this until I saw a member post snaps of the new Creta with GTR branded alloys.

Can someone post some info about the brands of alloys they deal with?

EDIT: Just had a discussion with the owner. They deal with all the major brands including the high-end BBS, TSW, OZ, Sparco etc. but these on specific requests from the customer. Their primary business however is tires, balancing and alignment.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd July 2020 at 14:14.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 10:03   #734
BHPian

I placed an order for TPMS setup today.
In case i bring the senors along can the folks at Madhus install them?
I was planning to get the wheel balancing and alignment done anyways so thought why not install the sensors and then get it done.
Would appreciate a response.Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 21:12   #735
BHPian

I got the following estimate after calling them for Creta 2019 Model.

I found the TPMS sensor installation charges on higher side but again thats my opinion.

Any suggestions where can i get them installed in Bangalore at a reasonable price.?

1200 For wheel Alignment and Road force Balancing
1180(200 + 18%GST/Tyre) For TPMS Sensor Installation
Total Expense(2380)

MODS I could not update the same along with my initial post so feel free to delete it as its against the rules i guess.

Last edited by Artyom : 18th September 2020 at 21:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks