Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 16:25   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
So,
1) during wheel alignment/balancing, do they check all 5 wheels or only the 4 ones in service
2) when they don't check the stepney, in the eventuality of a puncture, doesn't the non-aligned and balanced stepney disturb the rest 3?
1) Only 4 wheels are used for aligning, so generally one has to use the best 4 in the available set of 5. Balancing can be done on any number of tyres, i usually balance only the front tyres after rotation since i dont have a complicated independent suspension at rear of my car.

2) Yes its a good idea to keep the spare also balanced. In my case i use only 4 and spare is a spare. So i have balanced it and kept it and touch wood had never used it. Happened coz i lost one tyre within a day when i upgraded the whole set of 5. Since it was directional tyre, i opted for a cheap non directional tyre as spare when i replaced the damaged tyre.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

So,
1) during wheel alignment/balancing, do they check all 5 wheels or only the 4 ones in service
2) when they don't check the stepney, in the eventuality of a puncture, doesn't the non-aligned and balanced stepney disturb the rest 3?
Alignment has nothing to do with the individual rims/tyres. It is only the proper adjustment of the tie-rod ends which adjusts the toe.

It is a good practice to balance all 5 wheels. But, as long as you'll be using the spare wheel only to limp to the next puncture shop, you should be ok.

Refer this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...es-here-9.html
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:13   #93
Team-BHP Support

As per the appointment I took yesterday, I took my car for wheel alignment/balancing. There were quite a few cars lined up so parked mine at the side and went in.

While talking to the person at the desk, just mentioned hearing about the place on T-BHP. A smile went up the man's face and my car was queued for the balancing.

The mention did get me a prompt service; but I must add, it did not mean the service for non T-BHP members was less.

Got all 5 wheels balanced and then wheel alignment.

Took about half n hr for both.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:21   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
1) Only 4 wheels are used for aligning, so generally one has to use the best 4 in the available set of 5. Balancing can be done on any number of tyres, i usually balance only the front tyres after rotation since i dont have a complicated independent suspension at rear of my car.
What do you mean "complicated independent suspension". I have a Swift petrol? Is it enough to balance just the front two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
2) Yes its a good idea to keep the spare also balanced. In my case i use only 4 and spare is a spare. So i have balanced it and kept it and touch wood had never used it. Happened coz i lost one tyre within a day when i upgraded the whole set of 5. Since it was directional tyre, i opted for a cheap non directional tyre as spare when i replaced the damaged tyre.
How does one know whether a tyre is directional or not? My is stock JK tyres?
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:34   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What do you mean "complicated independent suspension". I have a Swift petrol? Is it enough to balance just the front two?
Independent suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Swift does not have an independent rear suspension. It is a good practice to balance all 5 or at least 4 wheels.

Quote:

Directional/Rotational tyres will have an indication on the sidewall.

From wikipedia:

Arrows: Some tread designs are "directional", and designed to perform better when driven in a specific direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise). Such tires will have an arrow showing which way the tire should rotate when the vehicle is moving forwards. It is important not to put a "clockwise" tire on the left hand side of the car or a "counter-clockwise" tire on the right side.
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:06   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
It is a good practice to balance all 5 or at least 4 wheels.
I was looking for the OP's reason as to why only front needs to be balanced & not the rear.

Anyway, I don't balance anything when I get my wheels rotated. I don't see any reason to do so - I have posted about it here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1918703
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:51   #97
DRC
BHPian

Today I recieved a SMS from Madhus saying they completed 40 years in Business. Such a long experience is indeed a confidence builder to their patrons.

Congratulations to them!

Co-incidentally, My car too completed 6 years today and so far has been wheel aligned only by Madhu's !
Old 23rd December 2010, 20:26   #98
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on completing 40 years of business. I believe this would be possible only because of your customer friendly driven business.
Old 24th December 2010, 16:04   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for your wishes guys
Old 24th December 2010, 17:06   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes swift needs only front wheel's to be perfectly balanced.

Directional tyres you can make out from the threads or look for the arrow marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Congratulations to them!
+1 Congratz! Though i never realized they were 40 years old in this business, till i received the SMS.
Old 24th December 2010, 18:51   #101
BHPian

Called up today, No YOKOS and Michelin :( have to wait till Jan 10.
Old 25th December 2010, 16:15   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

What size do you need?
Old 25th December 2010, 16:45   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
What size do you need?
Nikhil,

165/65 for Santro Xing XO preferably Michelin.
Old 27th December 2010, 20:14   #104
BHPian

Guys,
Just back from Madhus Enterprises: Here is the whole story:-
PM'ed Nikhil and told him about my Land Rover Defender 110 and that I need the wheel balancing and alignment done last week.

Later Nikhil sends me an SMS that he has got the Specs for the Landy. Finally managed to take the Landy there this evening. SMS'd Nikhil that I was going there.

Arrived and went in met, Ravi who very promptly came out to see the Landy. Got it to the Hunter Alignment system and there MR. Gopal helped me. Asked him that Nikhil had mentioned he has the specs on my model, so they checked and there it was on their monitor. LR Defender 110.

They did the wheel alignment and then I asked MR. Gopal if he could explain what was being done, he instructed a technician to explain the whole process and later after the printout, Mr. Gopal explained all the numbers which went over my head at first. Very nice gentleman.

Later got the wheels balanced, took some time as they did not have a 27mm bit so it had to be done manually, instead of the pneumatic bit driver. I too forgot my 27mm bit at home. Both the technicians who were undoing the wheels were very friendly and did not vince a bit that they had to manually remove the bolts with sheer muscle power. Got all the wheels balanced.

Had a great experience. For once I felt I got my Landy to the right place and the job was done to my satisfaction. Will be taking my Skoda & Santro there next month.

In between Nikhil called up and inquired if I needed any more help! Will strongly recommend this place 200%.

Nikhil, keep up the good work, may your tribe increase. Its always the relationship that counts with a consumer.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Stratos : 30th May 2011 at 12:15. Reason: We don't permit any discussion on vendor discounts for BHPians
Old 28th December 2010, 09:17   #105
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Madhus, on completing 40yrs of service, heres wishing you guys a lot many more fruitful years, I personally, have been a customer at Madhus since 1996 and have little reason to complain, I don't remember having ever gone elsewhere for my car's wheel alignment/balancing needs. Along the way, I got to know Nikhil through this esteemed forum and really appreciate the effort he takes to be customer centric.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks