Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 12:05   #106
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

I got the message from Nikhil on this milestone. Congrats and wishing many more such milestones to Madhu's. Till date, this is the only alignment center that I have not had to visit for a recheck after getting the tyres aligned!
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:15   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Madhus a few days ago to get the alignment and balancing done for our i20.Went in the afternoon so there was no rush.The staff saw the GOT BHP? sticker on the boot and asked me about it.Mentioned about being a BHPian and the staff person made sure the process went smoothly.Got prompt service and the whole process was completed in half hour.The staff is very courteous and pleasant.This will be the only place where i will go for my cars alignment needs.The experience at this place is refreshingly different from all the other places i have been to to get the alignment done.Kudos to Madhus and keep up the good work Nikhil!
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:43   #108
BHPian

Is it just me or have the crowds disappeared at Madhus? I was there recently and there were hardly any cars. Hope it is only because of the other Madhus outlets
Old 4th January 2011, 14:24   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the feedback.

Gopal, that might be due to the timing. When did you go?
Old 4th January 2011, 14:57   #110
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Looking at the amount of positive feedback for Madhus, I am getting a little jealous of Bangaloreans here. Nikhil, any plans of going National?
Old 13th January 2011, 10:07   #111
BHPian

I happened to be at Madhus for the periodic wheel balancing and alignment for my Honda City ZX yesterday. The staff is really courteous as before, even though I didnt announce that I am a TBHP member. They did the wheel balancing, alignment PROPERLY and I was personally happy and confident of getting it done in front of my eyes (that never happens while doing at dealerships - I even get suspecious of the dealerships really doing it - rather than charging us a bomb).

So the staff was as courteous as they are mentioned in the other posts - from my experience. Regarding discounts - I would leave that to Madhus to decide.

AGAIN - The Madhus experience is really nice and from the days I started going to Madhus (far away for me - at least 25 KM journey - but still I do it) after reading these feedbacks and reviews, now a days I clearly instruct the Honda service guys that 'NO BALANCING, NO ALIGNMENT' and only go to Madhus for that.

I have also decided that while changing my wheels in future - I would definitely go with Madhus - as I am sure to get a better deal and a nice service like this.

Nikhil and Madhus - Really appreciate and thank you very much for providing a quality service.

Regards,
Narayanang76

Last edited by Stratos : 30th May 2011 at 12:16. Reason: We don't permit any discussion on vendor discounts for BHPians
Old 13th January 2011, 11:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear all the good words about Madhus. Going there tomorrow for my Scorpio. Let me come back and share my experience
Old 13th January 2011, 11:48   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
rvmohankumar: You have a valid point here, I will quote my experience from yesterday.

So the staff was as courteous as they are mentioned in the other posts - from my experience. Regarding discounts - I would leave that to Madhus to decide.

Nikhil and Madhus - Really appreciate and thank you very much for providing a quality service.

Regards,
Narayanang76
This is positive and should be encouraged.
Madhus, Keep the good work continuing.

1 question to experts. Is there any effect on the suspension setup and alignment if cars are parked for long time without use and more particularly if the surface is not level and sloped ( Like normal slopes in front of houses on the stones/concrete covering the drainage) I hope my question is clear.
Old 13th January 2011, 14:26   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post
1 question to experts. Is there any effect on the suspension setup and alignment if cars are parked for long time without use and more particularly if the surface is not level and sloped ( Like normal slopes in front of houses on the stones/concrete covering the drainage) I hope my question is clear.
Prolonged parking on a surface that is not flat does affect the suspension and the wheel alignment and balancing.

Check it out here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-incline.html
Old 13th January 2011, 16:42   #115
Team-BHP Support

One thing though, currently the system is stamp a note about the details of alignment/balancing done and when due on the driver-side visor. The one on mine almost slipped off. Probably you could have it pasted it elsewhere (like the eternal favorite : on the vertical side on the extreme right of the dashboard which faces the door)

Last edited by Stratos : 30th May 2011 at 12:18. Reason: We don't permit any discussion on vendor discounts for BHPians
Old 13th January 2011, 19:32   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
One thing though, currently the system is stamp a note about the details of alignment/balancing done and when due on the driver-side visor. The one on mine almost slipped off. Probably you could have it pasted it elsewhere (like the eternal favorite : on the vertical side on the extreme right of the dashboard which faces the door)
You can ask the guy putting the sticker to paste it where ever you want. Since I don't like my stickers on my car, I ask him to put the sticker.
Old 15th January 2011, 02:43   #117
BHPian

Went To Madhus last week (my preferred place, as i've mentioned on previous posts).
The wait time was nil (just lucky). Got the tires rotated with the brand new stepney installed. didnt take more than 15 mins.
Car was then parked in alignment and balancing bay. Took about 15 mins.
The entire time, the staff member who took charge of my car, kept me informed of the procedures and how long they would take. He was very courteous and helpful.

I made sure i left a generous tip for the staff that handled my car, like i always do.

Last edited by Stratos : 30th May 2011 at 12:19.
Old 15th January 2011, 14:04   #118
BHPian

I just noticed this thread. I have been going to Madhu's from the time they have been there (or I have been in Bangalore... which is very very long). From my M 1000 days to various cars to current Civic (and the two others I have in family). I have always found them to courteous, polite and very knowledgeable. Never knew that it was run by a TBHPian.....

All my service centers (Honda, Hyundai, Lancer) know that my standard instructions are "No Wheel Alignment - No Balancing - No Rotation". I also regularly visit for Nitrogen top-ups which are free.

I never asked for discount because this kind of service does not warrant any.

Yes.... I agree with all here. They are one of the best. If only some of our manufacturers can learn from this service. I am sure many of the manufacturers' folks log in here to check the pulse of the market.

Nikhil..... Hope to bump into you one of these days. Keep up the good work. Thanks to you and your team.
Old 15th January 2011, 16:18   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Nice to hear all the good words about Madhus. Going there tomorrow for my Scorpio. Let me come back and share my experience
Folks,

As promised, here is my experience with Madhus. Even though Madhus is one of oldest tyre dealers in Bangalore - i clearly remember seeing their store everytime i used to cross JC Road by bus in school days - i had never been to the their shop in Shantinagar as generally the wheel alignement etc was done along with my servicing. This was my first visit.

I booked a slot for 11 AM on 14 Jan 2010. Being a holiday i had spare time. At 10.30 i got the pleasant surprise as Mr Moses, their front office manager who called to politely confrim whether i will be coming or not. I confirmed and was there at 11.30.

The boys on the floor were excellent, quick and courteaous. I was able to see myself what and how these guys are doing the alignment, balancing and rotation. No need to repeat that the shop has latest technology as well. This was the frst time i was getting it done after i bougt Scorpio in Oct. Since some wheels were taking extra weight (penalty for not algning the wheels after first 5K KMs which the guys in SKS Automobiles said not requiired when i gave the vehicle for first service ) they advised me correctly what is to be done. Mr David, the service manager was very helpful with his sound advise as well.

The billing and payment fromalities was quick - got dsicount being a BHPian - and the comlete activity did not last more than 30-45 Mins.

Overall experince was Fantastic. I have now become a regular with them and realise how foolish i was to depend on the dealers for getting these activities done.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:04   #120
BHPian

Yoko A drive tyre fitment, balancing and alignment

It was time to change my crappy Bridgestones after 58k kms. It would have lasted another 10k but didn't want to take too many chances

Spoke to Ravi and Nikhil on the tyre availability and fixed a 9 am appointment. Was there in time.

Service : As usual excellent service and great attention to details. They removed the old tyres looked for rust removed them using a file and cleaned the inner surface of the rim before fitting the new tyre. Exercise repeated for all rims (5 of them)

Promptness : At 9:00 Ravi was already waiting for me and man the complete job fitting 5 tyres, balancing and alignment was done in less than 45 mins flat

Normally I always complain about something or the other (nit pickings). This time I don't have any. Infact they took care to place the rims on top of the old tyres to prevent them from being scratched.

I was pleased and left the place extremely happy

Job well done and keep up the good service.

Nikhil spread the good word among the staff to keep their motivation levels high.

Most Viewed