Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 15:26   #196
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

i have very good experience with Madhus so far
Old 19th October 2011, 16:20   #197
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

I need to get Wheel Alignment/Balancing done on my 1996 W124 E220. Can I visit your Langford Road place? Have your technicians worked on W124s before? If yes, I would love to come to your place rather than visiting A.S.S. If not, can you suggest any alternative place which you might know. Please let me know and I'll visit this weekend itself.
Old 26th October 2011, 20:52   #198
BHPian

After calling Nikhil today , i decided i will drive to Madhus to get a new set of shoes for my 6 year old Alto, which has been long pending. Got all the 4 tires of my Alto changed to MRF ZTX, done alignment & balancing . Good job done, the guys were very responsive, fast and i got out of there in maybe 30-45 mts. The car feels much better now after the tire change and the alignment being done right.

The guys who attended my car didnt ask me for any tip, but i tipped them because they did a good job and it was Diwali as well today

Unfortunately couldn't meet Nikhil, maybe next time.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:35   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Hi Nikhil,

I need to get Wheel Alignment/Balancing done on my 1996 W124 E220. Can I visit your Langford Road place? Have your technicians worked on W124s before? If yes, I would love to come to your place rather than visiting A.S.S. If not, can you suggest any alternative place which you might know. Please let me know and I'll visit this weekend itself.
Hi Floyd Bell,

We have worked on a lot of old Mercs. Let me just check about the W124 and get back to you. The problem is that many old Mercs require us to check the ride height measurement before doing an alignment. So, while we will have the data for camber, toe, castor, etc in our machine, we dont have the ride height measuring accessory.

I am not sure if the W124 needs this or not. Give me a day and I'll check and get back to you.

@Others -- Thanks as always for the feedback.
Old 9th November 2011, 16:55   #200
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

I already visited your place some two weeks back and got wheel alignment done. My 124 used to slowly drift towards the left on leaving the steering wheel. Now, the problem seems to have been resolved. The technician who worked on my car knew about the 124. Not sure if he worked on the ride height measurement.
Overall I am quite happy with the work done and service offered. Thank you very much.
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 17:35   #201
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Nikhil
Since I changed to CFL suspension which increased the height my Gypsy Camber readings do not fall into the ranges printed as the limits and they are not symmetric on L and R side either - but not in degrees only in seconds - very minute and small variation.

Is it possible to compute the new camber based on ride height and adjust - at least make it symmetric? My next wheel rotation is due in 2000km.

Thanks
--Ragul
Old 9th November 2011, 22:33   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Nikhil
Since I changed to CFL suspension which increased the height my Gypsy Camber readings do not fall into the ranges printed as the limits and they are not symmetric on L and R side either - but not in degrees only in seconds - very minute and small variation.

Is it possible to compute the new camber based on ride height and adjust - at least make it symmetric? My next wheel rotation is due in 2000km.

Thanks
--Ragul
The new camber is automatically measured by the machine. It will measure camber on all your 4 wheels. You can then take the report and make the necessary adjustments.
Old 14th November 2011, 19:26   #203
BHPian

Alright! So, this looks like the perfect thread where I can post my query. I own a Fabia 1.6MPI since June 2011. It's done a total of 7500kms now and about three 1000km trips in addition to the daily home-office-home commute along outer ring road near marathalli which by now most people in Bangalore know to be in a pitiable condition.

Sicne the car is barely 6 months old, it's still well within the warranty period. I did not go for the extened warranty package which means I still have about a safe 1.5 years to enter danger zone, if at all any. Fingers crossed not. Naah! She wouldn't betray me after all that care and attention I give her.

Over the past 2 months, I've been observing that the steering wheel is positioned slight about 10 deg to the right although the car is moving down a straight lane, Hosur Road. Tried it many other roads - same reasult. And then, to check, I purposefully held the steering wheel aligned straight to find the car moving to the left. I took it to the service center once. They said they've fixed the slight 'play'. I din't bother much and took out the vehicle. 2 days later, I realize that the problem has re-surfaced.

I've already discussed this with the service engineer once but I somehow do not feel I'm in safe hands as the warranty period is during which the customer gets taken for a ride, and immediately after the warranty, the customer gets billed like crazy ! I do not want to fall prey to this and want to take precautionary steps.

In addition, I find the car swaying slightly to the left during heavy braking. This is probably an alignment issue. But I'm no expert. All the expertise I carry is all that I've read and learnt from this forum.

@Nikhil: I'd like to know whether Madhus can help me with this issue. Really appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 11:54   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Over the past 2 months, I've been observing that the steering wheel is positioned slight about 10 deg to the right although the car is moving down a straight lane, Hosur Road. Tried it many other roads - same reasult. And then, to check, I purposefully held the steering wheel aligned straight to find the car moving to the left. I took it to the service center once. They said they've fixed the slight 'play'. I din't bother much and took out the vehicle. 2 days later, I realize that the problem has re-surfaced.

In addition, I find the car swaying slightly to the left during heavy braking. This is probably an alignment issue. But I'm no expert. All the expertise I carry is all that I've read and learnt from this forum.

@Nikhil: I'd like to know whether Madhus can help me with this issue. Really appreciate it.

Thanks
We can definitely help. We can do an alignment job and in the process measure the various angles and see if something is off. If it is only the Toe, then we can fix it. If it is the camber though, we can only advise as camber adjustments are best done by the service technicians at the service centre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 16:10   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
We can definitely help. We can do an alignment job and in the process measure the various angles and see if something is off. If it is only the Toe, then we can fix it. If it is the camber though, we can only advise as camber adjustments are best done by the service technicians at the service centre.
Thanks Nikhil. Will meet you at the center soon then. I'll book up an appointment on a weekday.
Old 21st November 2011, 18:34   #206
Senior - BHPian

I did alignment on last Friday and much happy with the work. The young boy was very nice but I forgot to give him a well deserved tip as I was busy on a call and remembered only after reaching far away :(
Old 25th November 2011, 15:46   #207
Senior - BHPian

Great i found this thread, was searching for a proper place to get the alignment & balancing done on my Manza, the reason being if i leave the steering on a straight smooth road, the car moves to the left as well as there are slight shakes at higher speeds as if the wheels are wobbling.

@Nikhil, this is my first post to this thread so i am assuming that you are the proprieter. When would be a good time to come over when there isnt much rush.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:24   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Great i found this thread, was searching for a proper place to get the alignment & balancing done on my Manza, the reason being if i leave the steering on a straight smooth road, the car moves to the left as well as there are slight shakes at higher speeds as if the wheels are wobbling.

@Nikhil, this is my first post to this thread so i am assuming that you are the proprieter. When would be a good time to come over when there isnt much rush.
You can come any time you choose. I would suggest you come in the moring around 10:00 as there isnt much rush at that time. Sundays are usually quite quiet as well.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:19   #209
BHPian

@Nikhilb2008 : Want to commend you for a wonderful job done this afternoon at madhus langford road. Extremely professional and pitstop efficiency. Highly recommended and good job! The Fabia feels like it's first day on the road once again. Wheel alignment and Tyre rotation(cross) all done in 30mins.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:59   #210
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

my scorp went for its 50K Kms servicing job on Thursday and got back on Friday. As per usual I went to do the routine post service alignment and balancing today. Am always very happy to go to Madhus and get my Scorp wheels done.
today I went there as usual. Met Selva - another fellow TBHP member there.
got my scorp done and left - seamless, smooth work - 45 minutes of time well invested.
good job Madhus!

Most Viewed