Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 09:08   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Well if it measures the overall diameter of the tyre+rim assembly then its measuring the tread depth also. Since the rim dia is constant presuming that the rim is not bent!

But how accurately can it measure? I mean , can it distinguish between a tyre+wheel that is 100mm dia and another with
101mm dia?

PS: Is the mushroom patch setup ready ?
It can measure to an accuracy of 1mm. It actually measures the Loaded Diameter. Not the unloaded diameter. The roller exerts a force of upto 1400 pounds on the tyre+rim assembly.

Mushroom patch is getting delayed. Next week for sure!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 06:55   #347
Senior - BHPian

Went to Madhus yesterday for getting my Wheel balancing done on their new Roadforce machine. I had this irritating pull to the left even with the alignment being proper.

ONe of the tyres had to be deflated and re-mounted since it had excessive roadforce? All the wheels were balanced and the pull to the left plus all vibrations have disappeared!

Kudos to Madhus for bringing in the latest equipments!
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 14:49   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was at Madhus last saturday, and today. Last saturday I was probably the first BHPian to experience the Hunter road force balancer machine for my T-Jet's tyres.
I'm sure you weren't the first one. I think Fauji was the first one. Me and Fauji were there the day this machine was installed. I was supposed to be the second one, but my Linea's tyres were too worn out be balanced, so did not get it done.

Nikhil, you know who got it done first, out with the truth now!!

Btw, I did get this roadforce test a couple of weeks back for my friend's car (Swift Vdi). I don't know how much difference it made though as it was a relatively new car (run only 10k kms).

I was really impressed with how the system works (although I did not completely understand it).
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 16:17   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

I had this wierd problem with my car. It used to drag to left even if alignment was proper.So when Nikhil told about this new machine , i googled and read about it. After that i was itching to get my car's wheels balanced using this machine

Had gone on saturday for routine alignment/balancing stuff and specifically to get the wheels balanced on the road-force machine! After choosing which one tyre will go to stepny , the remaining 4 were subjected to road force machine. And 3 out of the 4 had excessive road force of >90N . On one wheel the tyre was remounted to move the nozzle to a different position. But no avail. The force on that tyre increased from 100 - 125! Maybe since the tyres were 33,000 kms old and had taken the abuse of really bad roads for sustained periods they had gone bad beyond repair i feel.

At the end, the machine also suggested where the 4 tyres must go so that there will be no pull. That impressed me and after the checkup the car is moving much more smoothly in a straight line than before.

Nikhil, also observed that there is one new alignment machine. My car was aligned on this new one. What are the new features of this machine that help in accurate alignment?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 5th February 2013 at 16:41.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 08:27   #350
BHPian

Do you guys remove rim bends ??

Since i called up Madhus yesterday. I asked them if any appointment is needed. They said NO. Before i could enquire about the RIM bend removal and the prices, the phone was dead and long gone !!!

I am not sure whether the guy was in a hurry or the attitude in itself is the reason since many have cribbed about the attitude at Madhus !!!

I am thinking if i should drag myself from Silk Board to Langford road for this !!!
Old 12th February 2013, 08:41   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post

Since i called up Madhus yesterday. I asked them if any appointment is needed. They said NO. Before i could enquire about the RIM bend removal and the prices, the phone was dead and long gone !!!

I am not sure whether the guy was in a hurry or the attitude in itself is the reason since many have cribbed about the attitude at Madhus !!!

I am thinking if i should drag myself from Silk Board to Langford road for this !!!

Even i have experienced this. I had called up a couple of times about a year ago enquiring about tyres for my bike.They transfer your call to someone else for two wheeler tyres related query. Both the times, the person on the other side was very cold. All his answers were short one word ones like -yes, no, dont know,maybe .As if he was very busy and my queries were not worth spending time for giving the answers. At the end when i asked when can i expect new stock , the person cut the line without answering me. I felt really bad. Similar thing happened when i called again couple of months later for another reason.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:29   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Even i have experienced this. I had called up a couple of times about a year ago enquiring about tyres for my bike.They transfer your call to someone else for two wheeler tyres related query. Both the times, the person on the other side was very cold. All his answers were short one word ones like -yes, no, dont know,maybe .As if he was very busy and my queries were not worth spending time for giving the answers. At the end when i asked when can i expect new stock , the person cut the line without answering me. I felt really bad. Similar thing happened when i called again couple of months later for another reason.
I had complained about this attitude long ago, but there was a change in attitude after that, Nikhil personally took cognizance of the fact and assured that the staff will be educated in talking to customers, but sadly they seem to have gone back to their old ways, I think there might be one or two such people who are pretty cold over the phone, at the workshop itself, the technicians are very friendly and go about their jobs with a happy attitude. Nikhil, I think it is time you intervened again.
Old 13th February 2013, 17:38   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post

I sincerely apologise for this. Irrespective of people being in a hurry or not, there is a certain basic decency to be given to someone who is on the other end of a call.

I will find out more about this and take action. Dont worry. Please let me know when you called. Date and approx time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Again, I apologise, but it would have been nice if you had brought it to my attention a year ago when it happened. I could have taken action at that time itself. Please understand that our aim is to give a standard of customer service not found elsewhere. We are human and may commit mistakes occassionally. This is where I request the help of fellow TBHP-ians and automotive enthusiasts to bring such mistakes to my knowledge.

Rest assured I will take action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I had complained about this attitude long ago, but there was a change in attitude after that, Nikhil personally took cognizance of the fact and assured that the staff will be educated in talking to customers, but sadly they seem to have gone back to their old ways, I think there might be one or two such people who are pretty cold over the phone, at the workshop itself, the technicians are very friendly and go about their jobs with a happy attitude. Nikhil, I think it is time you intervened again.
Have you experienced something like this recently? If not, it might be a little unfair to make a general statement like "sadly they seem to have gone back to their old ways, I think there might be one or two such people who are pretty cold over the phone".

If it has, I would like to apologise in advance! Please understand my aim is not to question the feedback but to get a better and more accurate idea of our mistakes.
Old 13th February 2013, 19:05   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you experienced something like this recently? If not, it might be a little unfair to make a general statement like "sadly they seem to have gone back to their old ways, I think there might be one or two such people who are pretty cold over the phone".
Nikhil, my statement is not a general one, the last time I called for an appointment too, the reception over phone was not something I'd praise, I just thought the guy may be having a bad day and did not escalate it to you, but when I saw that other people too have experienced this "cold" attitude over phone, I thought it proper to comment. Again, it is just the guy on phone who seems distant when he answers the call, not anybody else who I have interacted personally. I hope you take it in the right spirit.
Old 14th February 2013, 09:09   #355
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I have mostly interacted with Nikhil himself when making enquiries. The last time however, I was not able to reach Nikhil but he connected me to Mr. Mohsin who is one of the supervisors there. Both my friend (non BHPian) and I (I had gone there for wheel alignment and balancing, while my friend was there for replacement of his tires) had an extremely good experience with him on two separate occasions, in terms of attitude and treatment of customers.

Some of the staff there have come to recognize me (and also my Swift ) and my work was done expeditiously and with minimal fuss. I have now used Madhus several times now, both for my earlier 800 and my new Swift, and have not experienced any negative attitude. Came as quite a surprise to me to hear some of the immediately preceding comments.

Just my feedback.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 14th February 2013 at 09:13.
Old 14th February 2013, 09:48   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Nikhil, my statement is not a general one, the last time I called for an appointment too, the reception over phone was not something I'd praise, I just thought the guy may be having a bad day and did not escalate it to you, but when I saw that other people too have experienced this "cold" attitude over phone, I thought it proper to comment. Again, it is just the guy on phone who seems distant when he answers the call, not anybody else who I have interacted personally. I hope you take it in the right spirit.
Aaah. In that case, I take it. Your word is good enough for me.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 09:59   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, any updates on the mushroom patch? Hope you remember it. Last time i visited your place, Mr.Ravi had no idea about when it would be available.

He suggested a hot patch which is done from the inside of the tyre. My question to you is, how safe is it on a tubeless tyre? Assuming i will use that tyre only on rear wheel usage, can i consider that as an alternative option ?
Old 14th February 2013, 10:13   #358
BHPian

Got a wheel alignment, balancing and rotation done for my swift at Madhus last week and I am impressed!
I had a problem of the car pulling slightly to the left above speeds of 70-80kmph and got just the alignment done 1000kms back at Madhus. But it did not solve the problem. So this time decided to go all in. Opted for the road force machine balancing. I can feel the difference now, the car feels straight like an arrow!

A word about the staff there, they immediately recognized the TBHP sticker and were extremely courteous. I did not forget to tip the guy who did the work, for his excellent service. Just one grouse that I had was when I went there the first time on a Saturday, that the place was extremely crowded. I had to wait for an hour to get the alignment. But I know you can't help it. Weekday mornings work for me. Nikhil you've got a regular customer
jingaboysr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 12:47   #359
mxx
BHPian

Went to Madhus last saturday for balancing and alignment. I am impressed. There is lot discussed about the road force machine which is the reason why I went there. Nikhil was there and he explained how the system works when the balancing was done. What is very different from the other garages/tyre shops is the interaction of the staff with customer. From Nikhil to every one of the staff who was working on my car spoke with a smile and responded to my queries politely. The service was quick too.
I have to change my tyre in another 5-6k kms and I will be back for sure.
Old 19th February 2013, 13:47   #360
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

I'm planning to change my tyres to Michelins at Madhus. However, I wanted to fix some alignment issues that I had - which was discussed some time back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Hi Nikhil, I visited Madhus today. From my report:

Attachment 955426

Are the red values a concern? The technician told me that rear axle figures cannot be adjusted.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
1. The red values are a cause for concern. However, the rear Toe is non-adjustable on a Swift. It is normally done at a service centre. You will have to take the report during your next service and ask them to rectify it.

The right rear is a little worrying. Not too much but if you want your car to be perfect all the time, it's better to get it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It is not that expensive. Compared to a regular alignment at a tyre showroom like ours, it will be more expensive but they have the required expertise and tools and they may charge you around 1000/- for a total alignment. Being Maruti, it might be even lesser than that.

I went to Sagar Automobiles, and they investigated the rear axle alignment issue, and said that the whole assembly needs to be changed, since there is a minor bend (probably due to some pothole) and it will cost around Rs.8000/-. They said that is the only way. Since you mentioned that it may be around 1000/-, I just wanted to re-verify.

One of my tyres have already gone bad, so I need to fix this before changing the tyres. Thanks!

Most Viewed