Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 16:46   #451
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The pulling could be due to the tyres also.

Were the tyres you are now running at The front running at the back before rotation?

Steering normally gets tight due to various reasons like air pressure, misalignment, etc.

Please post the alignment report or mail it to me so I can do a proper study.
Hi Nikhil,

The front tyres were just swapped from left to right. Ditto with the rear.

Have mailed you the report. Will also connect with you over call once I get back to bangalore next week. Thanks for your reply.
Old 30th November 2013, 17:17   #452
BHPian

Posting Alignment report
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-wheel1-001.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-wheel2-001.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2013, 11:16   #453
Senior - BHPian

Had a nice experience at Madhus on Nov 30th when I took my Fiesta for a tyre change. Opted for Michelin Energy XM2 after discussion with Nikhil over phone. He booked an appointment for me at 4:00 PM on Saturday and when we reached there, we were promptly attended to. The staff is courteous and are really fast. Inspite of the heavy rush of cars that came in, our work was done in less than 1.5 hours. Did the "Ground Force" balancing and the process was explained to me. Really happy with the experience.
Old 4th December 2013, 13:05   #454
BHPian

Excellent place for wheel alignment, they solved the alignment issue which Mandovi Motors (Maruti exclusive service centre) failed to solve thrice.

Updated instruments and pretty accurate, got my job done in 15 mins, technicians also ready to explain what was wrong previously and what have they done to solve the issue.

Strongly recommended place for wheel alignment/balancing.
Old 8th December 2013, 08:48   #455
BHPian

Got excellent service as usual.
Friday i have taken my new ride(used innova) there. Staffs are courteous and listened to all my queries. Did the balancing, rotation and alignment.
There were some rusting near wheel hubs. Cleaned it with some solution, and after sprayed something. Spare wheel drum was with full of muds, cleaned it properly.
Really happy experience and highly recommended place for wheel alignment/balancing
Old 10th December 2013, 11:04   #456
BHPian

Recently changed my stock good year tyres on jetta to michelin plc 3st.
sold the stock tyres to madhus.
Couple of observations:
- area where balancing is done is slightly cramped and what happens is that at one point there are two/three cars wheels getting balanced.A common sight--the guys are putting somebody's else's rim on top of your rim when doing the balancing; can cause scratches to your rim. I had to personally stand in that area and instruct the guys to handle the rims with care.
- along with the tyre change got the alignment/balancing also done. within 500 kms, noticed that the car was not holding a straight line while driving(moving towards the right side when the steering is kept straight) . Took the car back to madhus for checking and it turned out that the alignment was out. Ravi was very courteous and did the alignment once again free of cost. Thanks Ravi.
Old 11th December 2013, 07:39   #457
BHPian

With brilliant minds behind the wheels in most of roads I suffered a little bit of damage. A truck (or some other vehicle) probably was broken down and they had used a big rock to identify that it was broken. After it was fixed the rock was left in place. I was following a bus who went over the rock. Saw the rock and swerved and missed the front, but nicked the back rear tire and little bit of the rim. The tire had a big chunk missing on the side.

Called up Madhu's as I read a bunch of guys were swapping out OEM VW Polo tires and sure they had some rather "fresh" ones. Swap was done in 10 mins. Paid the bill and headed home.

Great service. This was my first time and surely not the last. Thanks guys.
Old 11th December 2013, 17:35   #458
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhir_d View Post
Recently changed my stock good year tyres on jetta to michelin plc 3st. sold the stock tyres to madhus. Couple of observations: - area where balancing is done is slightly cramped and what happens is that at one point there are two/three cars wheels getting balanced.A common sight--the guys are putting somebody's else's rim on top of your rim when doing the balancing; can cause scratches to your rim. I had to personally stand in that area and instruct the guys to handle the rims with care. - along with the tyre change got the alignment/balancing also done. within 500 kms, noticed that the car was not holding a straight line while driving(moving towards the right side when the steering is kept straight) . Took the car back to madhus for checking and it turned out that the alignment was out. Ravi was very courteous and did the alignment once again free of cost. Thanks Ravi.

Best to go to Madhu's in the early morning on a Saturday or better still, on a weekday, to avoid the hordes!
Old 12th December 2013, 22:52   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
As soon as I started driving, could instantly feel that the steering was lighter than earlier. After driving for a distance, realised the car was pulling to the left too.
Happy to report that the issue has been resolved. Thank you nikhil and team for following up and fixing the problem.

Hope to be back at Madhu's soon for getting the much awaited tyre upgrade!
Old 13th December 2013, 12:32   #460
Senior - BHPian

I frequently visit Tyre professionals on Kanakpura road in Basavanagudi.
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?ie=UT...d=0CIwBEPwSMAs
They are very professional in handling customers and their cars. You have a supervisor who takes your requests and then assigns the same to the next available mechanic. Balancing takes nearly 30 min for all the tyres. Recently I had a puncture and took the car there for fixing it. It took just 15 min end to end and was charged 100 rs.

Last edited by DieselFan : 13th December 2013 at 12:35.
Old 13th December 2013, 18:13   #461
mxx
BHPian

@Nikhil:
I am a regular customer at madhus since last year.
Few months back I replaced the tyres on my car with new ones (continental) from Madhus. As usual balancing and alignment was also done. But after that I noticed a strong pull to the left. Next day I returned and reported this issue, and it was promptly resolved. My question is, why did this error happen in the first place.
Your store's quote on new tyres was not the lowest and unlike other dealers you also charge for balancing/alignment. Still I chose to buy from madhus is because of the trust factor and belief that I am getting the best service/quality of workmanship. However after this incident I am not very sure of the later. If you charge more, is it not fair on the customers part to expect good,fault-free service?
I did not report this earlier despite the inconvenience i faced (i was supposed to drive out of town early next morning, which got delayed by 6 hours because I had to resolve this problem) because I thought this was a one of incident. In fact, I had done alignment once after that, and faced no problem. But today when I read the posts on this thread (I was trying to find your store timings), I came across various posts which reported same issue that I had. Which means, there are really some problems at your end that needs to be fixed, and what I faced was not a stray incident. I hope this post helps you to find and fix the problems.
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 12:43   #462
BHPian

Went to Madhus yesterday for tyre change. Got good advice from Nikhil - he suggested that I go for 185/65 instead of the stock 175/65 for my Fiesta. My choice was between Yoko A drives and Apollo Accelere and finally opted for the 185 section Apollo. Balancing/ alignment was done, but charged extra though. The technicians were ever willing to answer whatever queries I had.
One of my rims was bent quite badly and the technician hammered it out and filed the edges. It looks and feels much better (without any sharp edges).

The handling of rims while the tyres are being replaced can be better though.
Mr. Ravi was there during the whole process overseeing the work. Thanks to him.

cheers
Old 28th December 2013, 19:35   #463
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

One small piece of unhappy feedback.
When I went there a while back for the routine 5000kms tyre balancing/ rotation etc, during the wheel alignment process they had placed those regulating and adjustment mechanisms on the steering wheel to help centre it.
Later, once the work was done, I observed a tiny nick or scar on the leather wrapped steering wheel where the adjustment mechanism was tightened during the fixing process.
This is irritating because the car is an expensive one and I try my best to keep it pristine.
Every time I drive my car I can feel that little nick and see it too, since it is in the upper left quadrant of my steering wheel and nothing I do will make it go away.
However I've not made a noise about it since I noticed it after I had left the premises and I have not gone to that area after that.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:20   #464
BHPian

I had planned to get the wheel balancing and alignment done for my Duster since I missed the 5K one already. On a Monday morning while driving to Doctor's clinic, a good samaritan told me that my rear left tyre appeared to be developing a flat. As Madhus was close to the clinic, drove in there around Noon; there were a few cars already. But Mr. Moahsin Altaf there quickly got my car lined up and Karthik attended to it. Two punctures, big nails, in both the rear wheels! Hmmm got the same fixed; wheel balancing was done, rotation sequence was determined in a very new machine; took the snap in my iPad as the printer link was down. Also the alignment was done; again there is a new one where the wheel clamps are applied to the tyre avoiding any chance of damage to alloy. The whole exercise was completed in about 55 minutes; the work there was happening in a very highly organized assembly line fashion. This was my first visit and I was very impressed. YES I got a discount as TBHP member without even asking. Mohsin patiently explained the balancing and alignment stuff to me and my wife. Overall our experience was excellent.
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:11   #465
BHPian

Went there for wheel balancing and alignment on 17th Dec. While wheel balancing I was advised to change the tires, accordingly I bought 2 tires as other 2 tires were good for another 10-15k kms. Service was good and quick.

I later found that the (new)tires fitted were 2 years old :(.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks