Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:36   #526
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Brand new tires, Hardly driven, Sidewalls getting ready to flex and stretch themselves - I think its a matter of time before the ride gets settled.
Isn't the recommended Air pressure for 205/55/16 30 PSI in SX4 Petrol for all the 4 wheels?
Tire size is 205/60/16. Mine is the 2008 model. The sticker on the door mentions 33 PSI, but I've been maintaining 32 so far. While filing nitrogen, they had kept 38. When I asked, the person there said he'll reduce to 33 after the road force balancing. Anyway, my service is due tomorrow, so will check the pressure again.
prskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:23   #527
BHPian

Finally after a lot of delay, went to Madhus today for wheel balancing and alignment. I had fixed an appointment with Mr. Ravi earlier and he ensured that my car was handled immediately. While the technicians were working on the car, I had a chance to speak with Mr. Gopal who explained the complete process including the new road force balancing. It was a very informative conversation. :thumbup:

I was in and out in 30 minutes completely satisfied. Good job Nikhil and team.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 20:38   #528
BHPian

Had been to Madhus today evening for allignment, road force balance without any appointment. Mr. Gopal was very helpful in explaining the process of road force. I was not able meet Nikhil as he was not around. It was a very pleasant experience overall. Thanks people for this wonderful experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-1409152083853.jpg  

meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 14:14   #529
BHPian

Last Saturday (20-September-2014) I decided to visit Madhus for balancing and alignment. There was a vibration at > 100 KMph. Additionally I did not wanted the service guys to do thsi as part of 5k service so did not complain about this to service guys. I was planning for the normal alignment and balancing but my brother visited Madhus the previous week and he had a wonderful experience with the new "road force" balancing and he suggested me to go for the new technology. I stay at Kadugodi and work in Whitefield and you know visiting Madhus is a half day task for me. I wanted to go on a working day but the work pressure kept me busy and at last in last Friday I called up Madhus for an appointment on Saturday. They gave me a slot at 9:30 in the morning.
I reached there exactly at 9:30 AM and shop was open already. I was the first one in the queue and they attended to my car immediatly. There was one Tyre which showed some issues and they tried multiple times to correct it with no success. The overall force was just above 115N. So decided to keep it as spare and did the balancing for the remaining 4 tyres. Because of this there was some delay. After that alignment was done. For XUV there is adjustments required on rear as well as front. Overall an excellent work and now I can feel the difference!
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-image11.jpeg  

scorpio_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 18:05   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick note of thanks - I'd taken a friend's i10 for fixing a puncture, and getting wheel alignment checked. I'd called ahead to confirm I'll be coming in the evening, and upon reaching around 5 pm I was greeted by rather empty bays. WA took all of 5 minutes, and another 5-10 mins for fixing the puncture. We were out within about 20 minutes. As always, great and speedy service, with a nice bonus being no waiting time today.

A behaviour I continue to see here is how smooth and effective the communication is - I just tell 1 person all the things I want done, and they all get done, and covered off in the billing. No confusion, nothing gets ignored.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 12:56   #531
BHPian

Got WB/WA done on my K10 yesterday. Was the first to be in and was impressed by the professionalism and know how of the staff.

Yet another happy customer of Madhu's
hothatchaway is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 21:59   #532
BHPian

Had gone to get tyres on my 2014 Jetta changed from stock Goodyear NCT5 to Michelin Primacy 3STs. The experience is posted here.

While the new tyres are awesome as mentioned in the post, I noticed that the car veers towards the left when steering is held straight. I called up Madhus and was promptly asked to get the car back to check/fix it.

Went there on 30th Oct morning and the team was ready to check it out. The alignment check was done and the settings was found to be incorrect (weirdly the attendant didn't take the printout of the settings before and after alignment).

The alignment was immediately corrected and we went for a test drive again. But to my dismay, the veering was still there (towards the left when steering held straight). They repeated the alignment check and everything was correct as per specifications.

Fearing the worst (thought there might be something wrong with suspension), took the car to VW Palace Cross (Rajajinagar). The service engineer took a test drive and confirmed the symptom. They asked for another alignment checkup to be done. I requested them to check the front suspension as well. Had to leave the car with them for few hours (due to heavy rush at VW).

Reached in a few hours and the car was ready post alignment check. Took a test drive and found the veering had disappeared, the car was staying in line.

Waiting to hear back from Nikhil to understand more on what could've happened. VW guys suggested that the specification for Jetta maybe incorrect during initial alignment.

Last edited by abhilashgp : 2nd November 2014 at 22:10.
abhilashgp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 17:15   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Madhus yesterday for a quick 10 minute Wheel Alignment job and as usual the results were perfect. The last visit was on 10th June when the ODO was 19XXX followed by this when the ODO is 30,xxx.

On my weekend drive to Pune I faced little pull towards the left resulting in shoulder pain for a day as I drove 1600 in 2 days.

I could notice that little effort was needed to make the car go straight even on a flat, straight stretch.

Few pictures taken while the Alignment job was being done:
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20141104_143606.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-20141104_143537.jpg

Thanks again Team Madhus!!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 21:12   #534
BHPian

Quote:
On my weekend drive to Pune I faced little pull towards the left resulting in shoulder pain for a day as I drove 1600 in 2 days.

I could notice that little effort was needed to make the car go straight even on a flat, straight stretch.
Was this before or after the alignment?
Old 5th November 2014, 22:47   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
Was this before or after the alignment?
This was before and hence I paid a visit to Madhus as I knew the alignment had gone bad.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:04   #536
BHPian

Can you please share the prices you are paying for the services now? Has it increased from previous years? I'd like to take both cars (Figo and Vento) to him just for a checkup.
Old 6th November 2014, 17:01   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Can you please share the prices you are paying for the services now? Has it increased from previous years? I'd like to take both cars (Figo and Vento) to him just for a checkup.
I only got the alignment done. Last time as well it was just the alignment. Cost me 270/- this time. I don't recollect how much I paid last time but it surely was in the same range.
Old 7th November 2014, 12:30   #538
BHPian

Had been to Madhus 2 weeks back without an appointment, for wheel alignment since it was pulling slightly to the right. It was crowded and they were short on staff due to the festival weekend, but they were extremely courteous and friendly as ever. Got the alignment done in 45 minutes, and the problem was fixed. Great job!

I observed though that the report did not have the "Steering Axis Inclination (SAI) angle" numbers, which was there last time. Has this been removed?
PearlJam is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 20:05   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a single Goodyear Assurance 205/60/16 for my Cruze to use along with the unused spare (JK Vectra) on the back axles. Price was excellent at Rs. 5, 650 including fitting and balancing. Service was excellent as always.

Liked the ride back so much Head Office authorised purchase of 2 more for the front :-)
Plan to go back tomorrow for the same. Will post pictures of the old and new in a short while.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 11:10   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited Madhus yesterday for a quick 10 minute Wheel Alignment job and as usual the results were perfect. The last visit was on 10th June when the ODO was 19XXX followed by this when the ODO is 30,xxx.

Thanks again Team Madhus!!
Even I faced the same issue during my recent trip to Shimoga. Earlier I had faced this after the alignment was done and I re-visited them to get it corrected and it was done promptly.

I am not sure why again it started pulling to the left, especially I noticed this for a long time on the Bangalore - Nelamangala - Hassan highway, is it something to do with the roads or is there a problem with my car's alignment??

Most Viewed