Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2017, 20:21   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Wheel alignment was done for my Qualis at 75150 Kms (Appx Date: 25th Nov 2017)

Now the car has been driven around 300 Kms more as of today. But, I see there is a alignment problem again.

So, If I go back to them now(Almost 2 months), will they do re-alignment or will they ask me to get alignment done fresh again?

Edit: The problem is, even when the car goes in straight line, the steering will be tilted towards left.
Please post the alignment report and let us see if there is something specifically wrong....
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:51   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please post the alignment report and let us see if there is something specifically wrong....
Thanks Nikhil. I am not sure if I have retained it at home yet. If I have it, will post it here.
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:59   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Hi Nikhil
Here is the report on alignment of my car. This was done on 23rd November. This was done at 75078 Kms and now, the vehicle has run around 200 Kms more (approximately)

Please let me know if I can get it rechecked. Feel free to say No if it is not possible

If it is feasible, I will visit on this Saturday after fixing an appointment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alignment.pdf (77.0 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by gkveda : 2nd February 2017 at 12:01.
Old 26th March 2017, 19:38   #619
BHPian

Hey guys
Do they have powder coating facility?
I have stock alloys on a civic which I want to paint blank
Thanks in advance
Old 27th March 2017, 09:25   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey guys
Thanks in advance
I dont think thats in the offering. But it would be great if they did start such a service to restore alloys. I would be one of the earliest customers for that

@Guy with the white civic with sexy rims, what say?
Old 28th March 2017, 12:55   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey guys
Thanks in advance
No, unfortunately we dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I dont think thats in the offering. But it would be great if they did start such a service to restore alloys. I would be one of the earliest customers for that

@Guy with the white civic with sexy rims, what say?
I rely on my friends to refurbish my rims! But on a technical note, apart from repainting, there is very little that can be done to refurbish damaged wheels. If there are deep scratches, then the only way is to repaint it.

In some cases, the scratch is so deep that it has taken off a little bit of the metal as well. I have heard that there is some way to refurbish it, but I havent heard of anyone in India who does this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4133318

See this for how my rims look post a proper deep cleaning and a polish!
Old 3rd May 2017, 10:42   #622
SBR
BHPian

This is regarding my Ritz VDI.

Details:
It runs on Michelin XM2 185/70 R14 profile tyres which were changed within 500 kms of purchase in Apr 2013 at Madhus.

Tyres have always been filled with Nitrogen. 34 PSI in front and 31 PSI for rear wheels.

Current ODO at 57,800 kms. Last alignment and balancing was done at Madhus in Mid Jan 2017 when the ODO reading was 53,700 kms (Approx).
The car has run 5,000 kms since then.

My Query:

Last Sunday, on 30th Apr 2017, during a short trip outside of Bangalore, I noticed that for both the rear wheels, the outside wall is getting damaged i,e, chewed up. The tyre button has taken a hit to some extent.

This is peculiar only for both the rear wheels (LHS & RHS). The front tyres are absolutely fine.

I did not notice any change when driving and the car runs absolutely fine but I am worried about the damage to the tyres.

I have enclosed 3 pics of the outer wall of rear tyres.

What could be the problem. Is it a suspension problem and requires a visit to MASS or is it a Wheel Alignment and balancing problem.

Await advise from experts.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-tyre-pic-1.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-tyre-pic-2.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-tyre-pic-3.jpg  

Old 4th May 2017, 15:07   #623
BHPian

Planning to visit Madhus this weekend for possible replacement of tyre which has a bulge in the sidewall. I understand that weekend is generally crowded and I just wanted to know if any prior appointment is required?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 4th May 2017 at 15:08.
Old 4th May 2017, 16:12   #624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I understand that weekend is generally crowded and I just wanted to know if any prior appointment is required?
There is no booking as far as i know, just go as early as possible in the morning. 9 am they open, and being there by that time would help get out fast.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 10:16   #625
BHPian

Team - Checking if Madhus's is open on Sunday's. Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 10:49   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Team - Checking if Madhus's is open on Sunday's. Thanks
No, they are not open on Sundays
Old 16th May 2017, 11:04   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
This is regarding my Ritz VDI.

Regards
If you can, post the alignment report so we can check the alignment.

Technically, this can happen on slightly older, high mileage cars if the rear axle/rear wheels are out of alignment.

On a Ritz, the rear wheels cannot be aligned as such. At most, the alignment can be done with reference to the rear to ensure all 4 wheels are perfectly parallel to each other. But there is no adjustment for the rear axle in case there is a change in the alignment specifications.

If your rear toe is badly out of specification, this sort of wear may happen as the tyres are kinda scrubbing against the road... So, an alignment report will help diagnose such issues. IS the rear readings in RED? If so, no tyre shop will be able to help. You are better off going to Maruti and asking them to replace any components that require replacement.
Old 16th May 2017, 13:12   #628
BHPian

Nikhil - just wanted to check on one thing with you.

I recently bought an Elite i20 (December 2016 model) 4 months back. On some of the posts in Tbhp, there is mention of the Elite i20's wheel alignment (or rotation centering) sensor that needs to be reset every time a wheel alignment is done. (This probably needs to be done via the OBD port using Hyundai's OBD analysis computer).

In this case would alignment still be accurate when done at Madhu's, because if the alignment sensor is not reset, the ECU will obviously not be reacting correctly to the wheel motion and dynamics?. I am not aware of anything like this for other Hyundai cars in the same price range.

Do let me know your opinion.

Last edited by motorguy : 16th May 2017 at 13:14. Reason: minor spelling
Old 16th May 2017, 13:48   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post

In this case would alignment still be accurate when done at Madhu's, because if the alignment sensor is not reset, the ECU will obviously not be reacting correctly to the wheel motion and dynamics?. I am not aware of anything like this for other Hyundai cars in the same price range.
Though Nikhil would be the right person to answer it from the Madhus perspective, from what I have observed, the steering is first centered to its zero position and then the toe adjustment is performed. In such a case, it should be fine to not do any reset. However, the same would be required if the steering has an offset, or is off its center position. Only then, it will require calibration to be done. Even if it is a standard procedure for the i20 to recalibrate the steering position sensor, I dont think it should cause any problem with wheel alignment where only the toe is adjusted for such cars. Hence, the guys in Madhus should be able to do it without problems. Open to corrections on this though.
Old 18th May 2017, 13:32   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Though Nikhil would be the right person to answer it from the Madhus perspective, from what I have observed, the steering is first centered to its zero position and then the toe adjustment is performed. In such a case, it should be fine to not do any reset. However, the same would be required if the steering has an offset, or is off its center position. Only then, it will require calibration to be done. Even if it is a standard procedure for the i20 to recalibrate the steering position sensor, I dont think it should cause any problem with wheel alignment where only the toe is adjusted for such cars. Hence, the guys in Madhus should be able to do it without problems. Open to corrections on this though.
@audioholic - Thanks. Probably you are right, but I've seen posts on the forum where after the alignment at a reputed wheel alignment center, "wheel pull" has been experienced - which was corrected only after reset of the sensor at an A**.

Nikhil - if you could shed light on this, it would a great help.

Most Viewed