Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2017, 14:47   #631
SBR
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you can, post the alignment report so we can check the alignment.

If your rear toe is badly out of specification, this sort of wear may happen as the tyres are kinda scrubbing against the road... So, an alignment report will help diagnose such issues. IS the rear readings in RED? If so, no tyre shop will be able to help. You are better off going to Maruti and asking them to replace any components that require replacement.
Nikhil, here is the recent alignment report dated 4th May 2017 done at Madhus.
Please advise what needs to be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-ritz-alignment-details1.jpg  

SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 08:01   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

Hope all well! We must meet up some day at either of your workshops.

I was attempting WA, WB and rotation at a tyre shop with my Cruze. However, the fellow said that the nuts were jammed tight, and needed a torque wrench as any excessive manual or air-gun intervention might strip the nuts/threads etc.

Is this correct and does Madhus have the same? If so, I will send my car & chauffeur this week. If I remember, the last round was at Madhus itself around a year back, and I have never faced this issue earlier.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 14:49   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Stock JK Elanzo tyres in my S-Cross lasted only 19K KM. I visited Madhus today and got the tyres changed along with wheel balancing and alignment. I got Continental MC5 205/60 R16. I will post the detailed feedback of tyres in other thread later.

I reached Madhus at around 11 15 am and the work was started in just 10 minutes. The staff were well trained and professional. Also, I am not an expert with balancing and alignment machines.. But I could say that never seen these kind of machines before.

Few pics :

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img20170525wa0039.jpg
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img20170525wa0038.jpg
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img20170525wa0037.jpg

The car was out within 1 hour and everything was perfect. This was my first visit to Madhus and I am very impressed
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 16:40   #634
BHPian

I visited this establishment last week to work on my Tata Safari Dicor, staff were courteous and kept making small talk, work was professional and billing person explained everything judiciously. Only issue I had with the place is they didn't inform me of their extensive alignment and balancing procedure which they call roadforce. Came to know about it only during billing and I didn't want to redo everything. That apart, I can definitely recommend this place, will be visiting again for my other cars.
RogueRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 21:01   #635
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

I had my Terrano serviced at Bosch in April and only the wheel balancing and tyre rotation was done as their equipment did not support WA for the Terrano. I am planning to come over on Saturday morning (8th June) only for the WA work.

Would you guys be checking the WB stuff done earlier as well or just do the WA?

The WA is due now, but the car seems to be running fine though .
Old 6th July 2017, 09:51   #636
BHPian

Can someone please help me!

I have an issue with my car, Hyundai i20. My car always tries to drag to its left even on plain roads and on left inclined roads, no question at all. It continues to move to the left gradually when steering is left without support. I have got the wheel balancing and alignment done at different places and even at the Hyundai service center in BG road Bangalore. So far no one has been able to find out what the problem is and rectify it. Can someone please throw some light on what could be the root cause of this problem?
Old 6th July 2017, 11:55   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Can someone please help me!

I have an issue with my car, Hyundai i20. My car always tries to drag to its left even on plain roads and on left inclined roads, no question at all. It continues to move to the left gradually when steering is left without support. I have got the wheel balancing and alignment done at different places and even at the Hyundai service center in BG road Bangalore. So far no one has been able to find out what the problem is and rectify it. Can someone please throw some light on what could be the root cause of this problem?
@praveenp - is it the old i20 or the Elite i20? Asking that because I had a similar problem with my Elite i20 (run only 750 km now) and delivered to me in Jan 2017. The Elite i20 has a rotational sensor calibration which needs to be done using Hyundai's Gscan program (AFTER you do the wheel alignment). The outside wheel alignment centres will obviously not have this tool. After alignment and rotational calibration using Gscan, the car is perfectly alright now and not veering to the left anymore.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 12:36   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
@praveenp - is it the old i20 or the Elite i20? Asking that because I had a similar problem with my Elite i20 (run only 750 km now) and delivered to me in Jan 2017. The Elite i20 has a rotational sensor calibration which needs to be done using Hyundai's Gscan program (AFTER you do the wheel alignment). The outside wheel alignment centres will obviously not have this tool. After alignment and rotational calibration using Gscan, the car is perfectly alright now and not veering to the left anymore.
Mine is an old i20; 5 years old now. I will check with the Hyundai service center folks on Gscan program. My car's problem is if I steer to the right, the steering comes to the left (opposite direction) with the same force. I am experiencing Newton's 3rd law with my car. I have been facing this issue for the last 10k kms. I am thinking of selling of my car because of lack of expertise from Hyundai guys in solving my problem.
Old 8th July 2017, 13:16   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Mine is an old i20; 5 years old now. I will check with the Hyundai service center folks on Gscan program. My car's problem is if I steer to the right, the steering comes to the left (opposite direction) with the same force. I am experiencing Newton's 3rd law with my car. I have been facing this issue for the last 10k kms. I am thinking of selling of my car because of lack of expertise from Hyundai guys in solving my problem.
Have you checked the suspension? Air Pressure? Steering racks? There can be many reasons for such a pull. Have you tried swapping the tyres around and checking if the pulling increases/decreases/changes direction?

Your car will not require any Sensor resetting.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 13:22   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Have you checked the suspension? Air Pressure? Steering racks? There can be many reasons for such a pull. Have you tried swapping the tyres around and checking if the pulling increases/decreases/changes direction?

Your car will not require any Sensor resetting.
I have checked the air pressure and got tyres swapping done as well. But these did not solve the problem. However I need to get the suspension and Steering racks checked. But I had asked the Hyundai service center technician to check the suspension once. He said its all fine by just looking at it from outside. Do I need to ask them to remove the suspension and steering rack and do a detailed check once?
Old 8th July 2017, 13:27   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

It cant hurt. Ask them to inspect all suspension components carefully. Tie Rod Ends ball joints, etc....
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 23:02   #642
BHPian

Hi, I have a query regarding replacement of tyres. I am currently running 195/55 R15 on my Fiesta. Now I am looking for Primacy 3STs or XM2. I believe they come in 195/60.
2 of the 4 current tyres have developed bulges.
Now my problem is, due to monthly budget constraints, I can't change all 4 tyres right now. So would it be fine to change both the front tyres to 195/60, while the rear ones are 195/55, and then change the rear ones after a week? How much effect would this have on the wear of the new tyres and also any dynamics issues?
Old 26th July 2017, 18:28   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Hi, I have a query regarding replacement of tyres. I am currently running 195/55 R15 on my Fiesta. Now I am looking for Primacy 3STs or XM2. I believe they come in 195/60.
2 of the 4 current tyres have developed bulges.
Now my problem is, due to monthly budget constraints, I can't change all 4 tyres right now. So would it be fine to change both the front tyres to 195/60, while the rear ones are 195/55, and then change the rear ones after a week? How much effect would this have on the wear of the new tyres and also any dynamics issues?
If it helps on the financial side, Michelins are available with a interest free EMI. You can check with Mohsin once.
Old 27th July 2017, 10:11   #644
BHPian

The Vento had very bad steering shudder / wobble for the past week. Especially at high speeds, the wobble / shudder was crazy. Went to Madhu's to check what's up. Left front tire had a bald / flat spot. All (Apollo) tires were worn down beyond the minimum mark.

Decided to change the tires to Michelin P3ST all around with an upsize. Talked to Nikhil and Moshin and they patiently answered all my questions and concerns. I also chose the 6 month EMI from Michelin.

After the tire change, I immediately noticed how quiet the P3STs are. They make the car so much more quieter inside. I'll have to experiment with the tire pressure for a few rides (currently set at 32). But overall, great experience and an excellent choice.

Nikhil, thanks for the time and advice. Moshin was great to interact with and the staff are efficient and quick to get things done. Glad I got the car there.

Some pics of the new shoes.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-tires1.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-tires2.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-tires3.jpg
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 22:56   #645
BHPian

Went to Madhus last Monday and got a new set of Michelin XM2s for my i10. The old ones (same make) have lasted close to 70k Kms. Have thought for a while to change to Yoko's or Brisgestone, but decided against it and went with Michelins.

Service as usual was exemplary and very satisfied with how the boys carried out the work. I took the EMI option available for Michelin Tyres. Totally a trip worth it for all the distance travelled from the other side of city to Madhus.

Saw Nikhil for the first time, but couldn't meet him as he seemed to be very busy. Next time Nikhil.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed