Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2017, 20:32   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

I was planning on changing my tyres next week from Madhu's. Is there any benefit in paying cash vs credit card? I've never paid for tyres any other way. PM me if you don't want to post it here.

I take it they accept credit cards.
Old 21st November 2017, 21:54   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I was planning on changing my tyres next week from Madhu's. Is there any benefit in paying cash vs credit card? I've never paid for tyres any other way. PM me if you don't want to post it here.

I take it they accept credit cards.
Yes, they accept credit cards.

If you are going for Michelin tyres and paying via credit card, then they have a EMI option with 0% interest rate/processing fees/transaction charges. (http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/promotions.html).
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 22:39   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, they accept credit cards.

If you are going for Michelin tyres and paying via credit card, then they have a EMI option with 0% interest rate/processing fees/transaction charges. (http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/promotions.html).
Michelin it is, hope they have XM2 in stock. Got 75k kms on my last set, mostly due to regular visits to Madhu's.
Old 3rd December 2017, 22:04   #664
Senior - BHPian

This is a slightly different review; I went to Madhus last week to get new tyres for my bike!

I got Zapper FY1 90/80-17 front tyre to replace the old and tired Zapper FS 90/90-17. The good folks at Madhus installed a different valve and made sure I could use the front tyre in a tubeless configuration!

There is supposed to be a small reduction in profile but honestly I could not see any difference.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-1.jpeg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-2.jpeg

I got a Michelin M45 3.25x18 tyre for the rear. Since it was a tube type tyre, I got a new MRF 100/90-18 tube and used it for the rear.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-3.jpeg

I gt the rear tyre with me, front tyre and tube for the rear tyre was purchased at Madhus. Installation was hassle free and the guys at Madhus did a splendid job!
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 20:05   #665
BHPian

Need an advice from experienced members. My 2012 i20 Magna has completed 47k kms and yt is time for tyre upgrade. I am planning to visit Tyre Professionals (Madhus) Basavanagudi tomorrow. Can someone please suggest which brand to go for along with the right size.
Old 23rd December 2017, 00:10   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Need an advice from experienced members. My 2012 i20 Magna has completed 47k kms and yt is time for tyre upgrade. I am planning to visit Tyre Professionals (Madhus) Basavanagudi tomorrow. Can someone please suggest which brand to go for along with the right size.
Depends on what your requirements are.
If you want better grip and don't mind if tyre life is less, I'd suggest Michelin XM2s - Soft compound, good grip, might wear out sooner than MRF/Apollo counterparts (Although some Bhpians have seen these last for long as well). Alternatives - Yoko S drives, Michelin P3ST, Pirelli Cinturato P1. All are soft compound, small differences here and there. P3STs are softer than XM2s.

If you want long-lasting tyres and can compromise on grip, Yoko Earth1's would suffice. Some MRFs do the job as well, I'm not sure about the names, as some are absolute rubbish - very hard, and too much road noise. Others might be able to help out on this.

Size - Is it the top end model with 14" rims? If so, stick to the stock configuration. They should be 185/65 R14. 65-section tyres are wide enough.
Check which of the above tyres are available in that spec.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 07:57   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Size - Is it the top end model with 14" rims? If so, stick to the stock configuration. They should be 185/65 R14. 65-section tyres are wide enough.
Check which of the above tyres are available in that spec.
Thank you so much for the detailed information, Rohan. The default factory fitted one is Apollo with 175/70 R14. It has so far given me a trouble free ride. I am quite happy with it. Let me check with Madhus on what all are available with him.

Below are the images of my car tyres' present condition. Can you please let me know if there is some life left in them or should I go for a replacement now.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-back-tyre.jpg  

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-front-tyre.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2017, 11:33   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Thank you so much for the detailed information, Rohan.
Anytime

Quote:
The default factory fitted one is Apollo with 175/70 R14. It has so far given me a trouble free ride. I am quite happy with it.
Can you please let me know if there is some life left in them or should I go for a replacement now.
Can't really say. There's a wear indicator in the treads, it's a small extrusion in the grooves. If it is at the same level as the surface, then it is time to change.
But seeing as these are already 5 years old now, best change them as the rubber compound hardens with age.

I think you could go for 185/65 R14, seems like a safe bet as the Asta with alloys comes in this configuration.

Last edited by Rohan24 : 23rd December 2017 at 11:35.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 21:14   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
I think you could go for 185/65 R14, seems like a safe bet as the Asta with alloys comes in this configuration.
Thanks for the suggestion. I bought Continental 185-65 R14 as per your advice. Based on my few kilometers of driving post upgrade, I feel immense difference in the ride quality and the cabin noise. I paid around Rs.4900 per tyre at Tyre Professional.
praveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 13:39   #670
BHPian

Had been to Madhu's yesterday to upgrade shoes for my friends Duster (a rare petrol). As usual, excellent support provided by Madhus - especially Mr. Gopal; who promptly explained everything in person even when he had explained over phone a couple of days ago.

Had a chance to meet Nikhil as well (and his Blue VRS; which is enough a reason to visit Madhus often, provided Nikhil is in Bangalore) and he helped us with the various choices and their pros and cons. My friend doesnt get convinced easily but Mr. Gopal's and Nikhil's words were enough to decide on the tyres.

Excellent experience from Madhus overall - 10 out of 10.

@Nikhil,
It was a pleasure meeting You in person. Thank You for keeping Madhus an excellent service provider, as ever.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 31st December 2017 at 13:40.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 00:06   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I got a Michelin M45 3.25x18 tyre for the rear. Since it was a tube type tyre, I got a new MRF 100/90-18 tube and used it for the rear.
OT Alert.

Where did you get these tyres from? I want one for My Apache. I have used M45 earlier, good tyres but only grouse is tyre life is less. You get a lot more in return for lesser life.

How much did M45 cost?
Old 26th February 2018, 10:01   #672
BHPian

I have experienced a slight deterioration in sales support from Madhus in the last couple of years. I had a fantastic experience in getting my Figo shod with new Michelins from Madhus.

However, I recently called them up about getting my factory fitted Goodyears changed to Michelins for my soon to be delivered Skoda Rapid and it appeared that they were least bothered to make a sale. I had to hold the line for 10 mins before someone who knew a bit about tyres came online. Post my enquiry, i was not given any price details and the person noted down my details and upon telling him that i would have my vehicle ready for the tyre change in less than 96 hours, he simply said that someone would call me up up in 10 mins and that has never happened in the last 3 days. I called up Tyre empire and they were pleasantly supportive and quoted a decent price for the exchange and i would probably end up going with tyre empire, though, Madhus would have been convenient due to the proximity with the dealership.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 22:43   #673
Team-BHP Support

Finally managed to go down to Madhus today for my Ecosport Wheel alignment and balancing. Long over due. I had planned to go earlier in the morning but could only make it by noon. Luckily just missed the crowd as it was crazy packed when I was leaving.

Wheel alignment and road force balancing was done as per usual.

However I was having a strange hissing and squealing noise from my air con. Heard when idling if you listen carefully and it was driving me nuts. I had asked Ford service guys to check it last time but they missed it claiming they couldn't hear any sound. When taking delivery of the car post service I was still hearing the sound and then they offered to try recovering and refilling AC gas. But this would take an hour of waiting. Since I anyways was planning to do wheel alignment and balancing at Madhus, I thought I might try this as well.

Madhus has a Texa Konfort 710R which is an Italian brand for A/C recharging. The system recovers the AC gas from the car and then checks for leaks using vacuum. Total operation of recovery takes 30-40mins and refilling it back is another 10-20mins.

https://www.texa.com/products/konfor...e/konfort-710r

There's a database of most common cars stored in the machine but my Ecosport wasn't there. A quick check in the manual (Madhus has the numbers as well of all current/new cars) showed that the Ecosport had a 570g capacity of refrigerant and 20g capacity of oil.

The recovery showed 409g recovered which means it was 160g short of gas. After refilling it back, the noise disappeared. Didn't know it was so simple! I honestly thought something else was wrong and noways less AC gas would cause such a strange sound.

While driving back home the outside temp touched 41C on the MID. Usually I set the climate control to 22C in such heat. After a while I had to increase it to 24C as it was like an ice box. Again I didn't expect such a difference in cooling!

Now I'm thinking I need to get my Altis down as well and get it done. For anyone with a 3+ year old car if your AC cooling isn't as effective as it once was, do try this out. It might be a boon for the upcoming summer heat.

Update: 1,500 + GST (18%) is the price for AC service. This is irrespective of amount of gas to be topped up. So even if your AC gas was very low it would be same price.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th March 2018 at 23:09. Reason: adding price
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 13:49   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Madhus has a Texa Konfort 710R which is an Italian brand for A/C recharging. The system recovers the AC gas from the car and then checks for leaks using vacuum. Total operation of recovery takes 30-40mins and refilling it back is another 10-20mins.
Can you please share the cost of ac recharging
Like you said, I would want to drop in before the summer heat kicks in
Would prices vary for a sedan/MUV? As it most probably has to do with the amount of gas to be refilled?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2018 at 18:21. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 11th March 2018, 23:08   #675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Can you please share the cost of ac recharging
Like you said, I would want to drop in before the summer heat kicks in
Would prices vary for a sedan/MUV? As it most probably has to do with the amount of gas to be refilled?
Thanks in advance
1,500 + GST (18%) is the price for AC service. This is irrespective of amount of gas to be topped up. So even if your AC gas was very low it would be same price.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks