Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 18:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
It looks like top Arc shape of steering is like that, you can see bulge on both side?
On 2nd thoughts, i think you are correct. All in all, a very nice job done.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:08   #17
BANNED

Somehow i am not liking what he has done on the Vista Steering.

The Rs.4500/- worth Steering looks like a crude Rs 450/- worth steering now.

Sorry i am rude here, but thats how it looks to me.

I've seen some works done by PFS- Stanley at Mission Road, he's done some splendid jobs on few Steering Wheels. cant tell apart from the showroom steering.

My Safari Steering will go to him by next week.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2010, 00:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

I've seen some works done by PFS- Stanley at Mission Road, he's done some splendid jobs on few Steering Wheels. cant tell apart from the showroom steering.

What price are we talking about here at Stanley ?

Can we have comparison pics ???
Old 8th June 2010, 02:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why steering covers at all? I feel that the stock steering offers the best grip and feel.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
It looks like top Arc shape of steering is like that, you can see bulge on both side?
Yep, steering wheel is bulged at this point for additional grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thanks for the information Guru. I like the tight fit and finish. The steering usually has a bulge for grip at that position.
You are welcome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
My Tucson's steering wheel has been crying for a cover badly.

How easy/difficult it is to do this job on a steering wheel with Airbag? Any special precautions to be taken?
Its not that difficult, measurements will be taken and initial cuttings made, he will then take it to his shop, stitch the pieces and finally hand stitch it on your steering wheel itself, without removing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Pavan dude, remember me? We had met near kodigehalli signal and i was in my Vista, i guess you were driving you pilot friend's 118 NE.

As a matter of fact, Vista's steering wheel is the ugliest i have seen so far . He has just done whatever he could, thats why i mentioned about uploading pics of figo and i will do of the palio soon which i think has come out the best of the lot.

I feel both Figo and Palio have had a showroom quality job done on it too. Its just the flash from my cam which is highlighting the minor imperfections, its looks great to the naked eye.

Please upload pics of the job you are talking about and then we can have a fair comparison.

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2010 at 13:53. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 14th June 2010, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post

Please upload pics of the job you are talking about and then we can have a fair comparison.
I second this.. Can you plz upload the pics so that we can see and compare ?
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think Stanley job will cost >2000 and these JC road guy's <1000.

Ensure the quality of leather they are using and you are good to go.

My steering wheel cover is done for some 700-800 bucks, check my garage for the pic.

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd July 2010 at 17:14.
Old 17th October 2010, 21:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@Gurudutt & Prashu, thanks for your feedback & info of this guy. Got a leather steering cover for my Sumo.

Cost : 800/-
Time required : 1.5 hours. (pls set aside 2 hrs). Pls be there by 10 - 10.15, Parking is a big pain, becuase of the corporation parking lot on JC road being closed currently.

Advantages : very cost effective. (ovion is at 1.5k)
Worksmanship - good

What's not so good ?
1. The perforated leather seems a little thin. Stretches very easily.
2. Leather quality seems a little on the lower side, compared to what's available at Ovion. (unless Ovion used some polish / conditioner etc)
3. Choice of colors limited.

Recommenedation status ?
Check them out once. If he has the colors you want, then you can finish your fitment in a very cost-effective way.

Here's more details :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2108580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
How easy/difficult it is to do this job on a steering wheel with Airbag? Any special precautions to be taken?
The guys will be familiar with air-bag equipped steering wheels. The steering wheel has two parts - the wheel & the center part (air-bag cover / horn). For Air-bag equipped steering wheels, the center part cannot be covered. You will be able to get only the wheel covered.

If you arent sure about going to Devraj, check other players - Stanley / Ovion etc.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
i have got my steering leather hand stitched from Stanley Leather Mission Road. Very good work.

Type - Pro-Grip
Cost - 595 INR inclusive everything

One needs to make the payment before one day to get the order made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
There was a thread i was reading here which said that pro-grip leather was not a good quality leather however for that price range it may be good.

What leather does the JC road guy (devraj) use ?
I dropped by Stanley today & was quoted Rs. 2000 for a steering wheel job. It was in pure leather and they said they do not have anything cheaper. Any particular person in Stanley you spoke to?
Old 7th December 2010, 10:02   #25
BHPian

Thanks on this contact. I had my steering, machine stitched by a guy off JC road 8yrs back. In fact i was taken up into his small time workshop where he did the compressing on horn pads and everything. I had kind of forgotten which by lanes i was taken into and more over it was on the first floor with a very complicated entrance.

I guess this is the guy or may be he is also sending his work up to the workshop i was talking about.

The finish is exactly the same.
I needed to get the same done on my newer cars.
Next visit to bangalore.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Anyone in Chennai does OE finish steering covers? I think the Chennai stanley shop is closed.
Old 9th December 2012, 19:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

About 2 years ago (see above), I had got leather wraps on the steering wheels of the Ikon & the Sumo. The work on the Sumo was done by Devaraj, and has been far better than the one done by Ovion. So when my cousin's Tavera came to BLR, I took it to Devaraj again for a repeat job. Here's the pics:

Dual color wrap, including the horn pad.
Steering wheel - 800/-
Horn pad - 400/-
Foam layer for the Steering wheel (below the leather) 100/-
Total : Rs 1300/-

Devaraj working on the horn pad:
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-devarajworking.jpg

Steering wheel:
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-steering1.jpg

Completed
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-steering2.jpg

And in the vehicle:
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-steering3.jpg

Another neat job by him !

(Sorry about the poor pics - the cam was in-advertanly set to VGA mode)
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 23:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know about such works in Chandigarh?
Old 6th July 2013, 14:33   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

The Storme's steering wheel comes with a leather wrap, but I found the overall thickness of the steering wheel to be a little thin. Hence got a leather wrap over the OE leather, and it feels much better now.

Work was done by Devaraj again. See posts 23 & 27 above.

After fitting:
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-withleatherwrap1.jpg

Close-up of stitching:
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-withleatherwrap2.jpg

OE finish, for comparison:
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-oestockfinish.jpg

Cost - Rs. 900/-

Neat job again. The leather he uses looks good. The first one I had got from him for the Sumo is still good after 2.5 years.
In comparion, the wrap by Ovion in my Ikon wore out quite fast - even though had paid more for it's mentioned better quality.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 10:47   #30
BHPian

Got leather steering grip for my Ertiga done with Devraj. Overall, very satisfied with the outcome. Clolur is brown (contrasting with the beige interiors). Total cost - Rs. 1100 for steering grip and gear knob.

Here are some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-photo0158.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-photo0159.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-photo0160.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-photo0161.jpg  

Blr_RK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed