Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 14:19   #136
BHPian

Re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Since your Storme has airbags, it is better to take the Storme to the shop. They will do it without removing the Steering wheel.

Note:
I know that some ASS (not heard of Tata), will remove the steering wheel even if the car has air bags and send just the steering wheel to the shop. There the risk is on them.
In the interest of a good fit and finish by the upholsterers. I want to take the steering wheel to them so that they do not have limited access around the wheel.

And considering the pandemic, I'm not sure about letting someone sit in my car for hours together.

If you're suggesting not removing it myself because I might not have the prowess, I understand. But seeing the many steering swaps on polos and dashboard removals on the forum, I thought it would be a fairly easy process.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 14:22   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
In the interest of a good fit and finish by the upholsterers.
I will respond to this one. Your other concern regarding health safety, it is a call you have to take.

These installers are used to doing the wrap on the wheel itself, though it means a little more effort for them.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 14:30   #138
BHPian

Quote:
I will respond to this one. Your other concern regarding health safety, it is a call you have to take.

These installers are used to doing the wrap on the wheel itself, though it means a little more effort for them.
Understood.

I have a neighbour who has an LX Storme with the black interiors and no airbags. I'm going to let mine be done in the car.

But in case we need to remove the LX's steering wheel, it's going to be much easier right?

Could you pls share steps for that?

They look good together don't they?

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-screenshot_20210607142946_gallery.jpg

Last edited by viXit : 7th June 2021 at 14:32.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 10:23   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
But in case we need to remove the LX's steering wheel, it's going to be much easier right?

Could you pls share steps for that?
Vixit, sorry for late reply.

To remove a steering wheel, you would need to pry open the horn pad. Then there is a nut at the centre that holds the steering wheel to the shaft. You open this one. There will be 2-3 other screws too to remove. Dont have pics for that.

Once you remove it, you will need to bang the steering wheel from below, at a few different points around the wheel. This will loosen it up. And then you can pull it out.

When putting back, reverse this process. But make sure that the screws are not loose - can end up flying on to the metal plate there causing the horn to go off when that loose & floating around screw touches something to complete the horn circuit.

And you have to remember the alignment of the wheel when you are removing it - if you dont place it at the same point, then the steering will be at a different angle than neutral, and you will have the wheel pointing at a different direction than before.

Releasing it from the shaft after you remove the nut is the tough part.
Old 21st June 2021, 18:49   #140
BHPian

Need to Replace Original Steering cover for my Fiat Punto with Airbags and Stereo buttons.
Can i have latest Mobile number of Devraj/ Nagraj ?
Need pure leather cover what might be the cost ?
Old 21st June 2021, 18:58   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Can i have latest Mobile number of Devraj/ Nagraj ?
The old numbers are still there. People in services normally dont change their numbers

Nagraj - 8431768691

Call & speak to him. Tell him TBHP and he will know.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 20:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Need to Replace Original Steering cover for my Fiat Punto with Airbags and Stereo buttons.
Need pure leather cover what might be the cost ?
I am also looking to replace Linea Emotion plus steering cover with Airbag and steering button controls. please update here once you have done stitching it. I need to plan to visit Devraj shop when i drive to B'lore once lock down settles.

I have been searching for the same kind of fit & finish and shop here in Chennai and my native in tamilnadu. no one is ready to stitch as original with or without removing the steering. they used to stitch over the old cover and stitch lines are seen in steering joints sorely.
Old 25th December 2021, 20:45   #143
BHPian

Quote:
The old numbers are still there. People in services normally dont change their numbers

Nagraj - 8431768691

Call & speak to him. Tell him TBHP and he will know.
Nagaraj stays near Mysore road and is not well with a heart condition. He is open to complete the work if we can go to his home but is recommending to visit Devraj for any work for the next month or so.

Devraj has hired some workers and gets the work done from a parking spot behind JC road. The price also has gone up for steering wrap with 3 variants costing Rs.1500 for the base, 2K for the recommended Stanley leather and 6K for Napa leather versions.

Devraj: +91 99015 39349
karavadi143 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 22:48   #144
BHPian

Hi All,
Need your help. The leather upholstery of my ciaz zxi+ for my front left door panel has completely peeled off. Is it a simple matter of fitting the same leather back again? Is this something i can do myself or do i need to goto someone like Devraj to get it fixed?
Old 25th December 2021, 23:23   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
The leather upholstery of my ciaz zxi+ for my front left door panel has completely peeled off. Is it a simple matter of fitting the same leather back again? Is this something i can do myself or do i need to goto someone like Devraj to get it fixed?
I am not sure if you can do it yourself. But upholstery shops should be able to -> remember that the shops also do door pads in the same material that the seats have (when buyer asks for this)
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 15:07   #146
Geo
BHPian

Got my Honda City 2014 model steering wheel done by Nagaraj. He has moved his shop to Muddina Palaya, near Nagarbhavi. He has set up a new shop there. The place has good parking space and is a convenient shop. This is an honest man, who is doing a great job and isn't overcharging. He needs all the support that he can get.
Attached Thumbnails
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5906.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5903.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5902.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5901.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5900.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5894.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5899.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5898.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_5897.jpg  

Geo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 16:04   #147
BHPian

Got the steering wheel grip replaced by Nagaraj yesterday, nice person and would give you honest suggestions, he can stitch with different materials (artificial leather, normal leather, napa leather, etc) with different colored threads. He was busy and he had multiple steering wheel grip replacements on the same day, but still, he patiently showed his work and different combinations that you can choose, I selected normal leather and the outcome was good.

I was in two minds if I would have to change the seat cover (my car has a mix of fabric and leather seat cover) and he said sir not needed this will last for at least 4-5 years and the OEM cover looks good. Like most Maruti cars my Ciaz door padding and cushion are loose or would come out in a few days, he can replace those items but we would have to let him know a day or 2 in advance (he gets help from people who work at Stanley to disassemble the door pads and fit them properly).

His brother still works from JC Road, he opened a shop here because of his medical condition (he can't travel every day) and also, this location has sufficient parking space, unlike JC Road.

His shop location
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TLx69u7PygVWrCvX6
Attached Thumbnails
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20231101_161229.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20231102_0716052.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20231102_0718282.jpg  

Last edited by Sri Vathsa : 2nd November 2023 at 16:11.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 14:15   #148
BHPian

Thanks to members for recommending Rainbow leather arts.
Got my Jimny Zeta steering done by them.
Very genuine person who is skilled and doesn't over charge. I went for the top Napa leather he has and brown stitching to go with the seat covers.
The fit looks as good as it would have been done from factory. The entire process takes around 1.5 hours.
Overall pleasant experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20240327_122040.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20240327_122045.jpg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20240327_113147.jpg  

Last edited by Way2Jimny : 27th March 2024 at 14:16.
Way2Jimny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed