Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 10:01   #91
BHPian

re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
got this made from Devraj and shipped it to me. Loved the fit and finish.
Looks pretty cool

But it is Mr. Nagaraj who has got this done, not Devraj. Unfortunately, after his accident last year, Devraj has been confined to his home and can only walk around within the house. He has never come out for over a year now and doctors insist on complete rest for him. When Nagaraj told me this, it was a rude shock to me. Devraj was such a dedicated person and a perfectionist when it comes to work. Life at times can be very unforgiving.

A month ago even I got the gear lever boot done from Nagaraj and that's when I got to know the news about Devraj.
vnidta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 12:25   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Looks pretty cool

But it is Mr. Nagaraj who has got this done, not Devraj. Unfortunately, after his accident last year, Devraj has been confined to his home and can only walk around within the house. He has never come out for over a year now and doctors insist on complete rest for him. When Nagaraj told me this, it was a rude shock to me. Devraj was such a dedicated person and a perfectionist when it comes to work. Life at times can be very unforgiving.

A month ago even I got the gear lever boot done from Nagaraj and that's when I got to know the news about Devraj.
That's sad. I was aware of his mishap, but didn't know it was so bad. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 10:22   #93
BHPian

Hey everyone.

Could someone tell me the exact location of the shop?

I searched the entire 3rd cross of A.M. road (near A.K. traders) as I have read in a earlier posts, and I am unable to find the place.

Thanks in advance
Old 16th July 2017, 10:37   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hey everyone.

I searched the entire 3rd cross of A.M. road (near A.K. traders) as I have read in a earlier posts, and I am unable to find the place.

Thanks in advance
You can't find the shop as the place is literally his house on the rooftop of all the shops. You need to call him and he will come down and take you upstairs.

Parking is in the BDA complex.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 15:52   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Like @Vid6639 said, go to the area and call him. He will come to where you are.

If you park in BDA parking slot, then it is additional 100 bucks that the parking guys will charge you. ( no receipt).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 01:10   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Like @Vid6639 said, go to the area and call him. He will come to where you are.

If you park in BDA parking slot, then it is additional 100 bucks that the parking guys will charge you. ( no receipt).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can't find the shop as the place is literally his house on the rooftop of all the shops. You need to call him and he will come down and take you upstairs.

Parking is in the BDA complex.
Thank you, Moderator Vid6639 and DBHPian Condor for your quick replies on Sunday.
I was actually in JC road searching for the shop until I read both of your posts. Since It was a Sunday, I was able to park in AM Road itself, as the traffic was less.

I am sorry that I couldn't post earlier as I was caught up with work.

I have nothing new to post, as all the BHPians have said since the past 7 years, his work is definitely the best and value for money.

My Honda City (which already has a leather steering wheel and leather gear knob) was showing its age. I had gotten the new leather wrapped around the OEM leather. I opted for Black leather with blue stitching to match with the interior lights.

Cost: Rs. 1400/-
Time taken: around 1.5 hours

Overall, the quality of leather and the workmanship speaks for itself.
Nagaraj is very polite and courteous and he does his work quickly but with precision.
What really impressed me was, when he was cutting the leather from the templates, he rechecks the leather for the quality. If the leather is not up to the mark, he will re-cut a piece of leather for that area throwing away the leather which wasn't up to the mark.

As earlier posts have mentioned, Devraj is still recovering from his injuries. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Attaching pictures of the work done. Please excuse the quality of the images as it is taken from a phone camera. Also, excuse the condition of the interior, it is in a bad shape and step by step I am fixing it up.

Note: The gear knob images have been cropped and the steering wheel images have been resized.

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20170717_104151.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20170717_104209.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20170717_104143.jpg

The only one area where I can nit pick.
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20170717_104317.jpg

If anyone wants to know what has happened to the steering mounted controls, DBHPian Crazy Driver has a thread for that here. The left-hand side audio controls is because of me, as the next track button is the most frequently used button. The right-hand side cruise control cancel button is due to my last workshop visit (wherein my car was given for accident repair). I am not sure why someone will scratch out the cancel button. I couldn't raise an alarm at that time cause It wasn't me who collected the car (I had sent a close friend to collect it. I had fractured my leg. Later when I saw my car it had been more than 2 months.)
Old 1st October 2017, 19:00   #97
BHPian

Got the steering cover done today by Nagaraj. Had spoke to Devraj yesterday and was given today's time. Devraj comes to the shop but dont work due to his injury in his spine his hands are not working properly. But Nagaraj is also a good craftsman. For my Tiago got the cover for 1000. He uses Stanley leather. Also got one more made for my Ecosport in Delhi and will get it stitched there. Prices are certainly reasonable with the quality of product and workmanship.
He told me to post his location here so that it can be easier for him then people can locate him easily and saves his time going to the parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Here are the details:

Name: Devraj.
Contact No: 9964031960.

@Gurudutt, bro if possible update the exact location shared below in your first post too.

Google location is here, on the top floor of the Prime Automobile shop.

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20171001_133047.jpg
kanu2k15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:50   #98
BHPian

Adding some pictures which I took today only. Loving the feel of the steering now. I can try and nitpick but overall its ok.

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20171002_123928.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20171002_123934.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20171002_123945.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20171002_123954.jpg

Last edited by kanu2k15 : 2nd October 2017 at 13:51.
kanu2k15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 13:40   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Got leather wrapped steering wheel for my Maruti 800. Special thanks to my friend Mr Krishnarao who got this made from Devraj and shipped it to me. Loved the fit and finish.

IIRC, the cost of wrapping was Rs. 1,500. which I think is great VFM, given the fit and finish.
The perforated leather wrap didn't hold up well, and I told Nagraj about the same. He offered to get it done again, and this time we chose normal leather. Special thanks to BHPian Captain Slow and Nagraj for taking all the pains again. The result is simply awesome.

The perforated wrap, when new:

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-20170708_180631.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-20170708_180639.jpg

Perforated wrap's condition after 2 months/1000kms of use. Apparently, this wasn't genuine leather, but was PU, which caused this failure.

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img20170915wa0035.jpeg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img20170915wa0037.jpeg

This time wrapped in Genuine leather and Black stitching:

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-20171204_173708.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 01:19   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys - can you tell me if Devraj or anyone from the forum can help me source alcantara material to have it stitiched for my cars steering wheel?

Any assistance is appreciated
Old 26th March 2018, 10:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Got my Crysta steering wheel covered with Black leather from Devraj. Reached BBMP complex by 8:45 . Since he does this job for Innova crysta at Nandi Toyota, he had measurements and I asked him to him to get black leather with silver thread. Job was completed in an hour.

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-20180324_162734.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 11:02   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got my Crysta steering wheel covered with Black leather from Devraj. Reached BBMP complex by 8:45 . Since he does this job for Innova crysta at Nandi Toyota, he had measurements and I asked him to him to get black leather with silver thread. Job was completed in an hour.

Attachment 1745370
Wow. That looks neat and OEM finish types. Any idea if Devraj is back or is it still his brother?
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 11:10   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my Crysta steering wheel covered with Black leather from Devraj.
Indeed, like Viddy mentions, looks great!
Din't the standard wheel come wrapped in leather PrideRed?
How was the install done, directly on the car i presume due to the airbag.
I hate that slippery faux wood finish on the top half of my fortuner's steering wheel and hence, want to get it wrapped.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 11:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow. That looks neat and OEM finish types. Any idea if Devraj is back or is it still his brother?
Yes he is back. Apparently he stays in Bidadi and commutes to Bangalore. I had called him at 7:30 in the morning and he left Bidadi immediately after I called. for his commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Indeed, like Viddy mentions, looks great!
Din't the standard wheel come wrapped in leather PrideRed?
How was the install done, directly on the car i presume due to the airbag.
I hate that slippery faux wood finish on the top half of my fortuner's steering wheel and hence, want to get it wrapped.
Cheers,
Deepak
Mine is a GX variant and comes with urethane steering without leather wrap. Wrapping was done on car without removing wheel. I doubt if Devraj would wrap steering with faux wood. He called me back and confirmed that there is no faux wood in steering. It is not possible for him to wrap with faux wood.
You might want to check with OIVON/Stanley.

I checked with him to wrap door pads, for which he told only Stanley/Ovion people do that. I got door pads wrapped at Ovion.

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-20180324_162749.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-20180324_162802.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 26th March 2018 at 11:48.
PrideRed is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 04:32   #105
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1745370
Did you insisted on this OEM finish?
Other pics on this age does not have the same finish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks