Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 09:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

How much would this cost please? Plan to get one for my Nexon.
You may PM me in case you dont want to put it out in the forum. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got my Crysta steering wheel covered with Black leather from Devraj. Reached BBMP complex by 8:45 . Since he does this job for Innova crysta at Nandi Toyota, he had measurements and I asked him to him to get black leather with silver thread. Job was completed in an hour.
Old 6th April 2018, 10:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Did you insisted on this OEM finish?
Other pics on this age does not have the same finish.
I asked him to get only the color combination and nothing more. He probably has done this work on quite a lot of Innova Crysta's, hence he is able to get good finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
How much would this cost please? Plan to get one for my Nexon.
You may PM me in case you dont want to put it out in the forum. Thanks in advance.
It costed me 1200 which I feel is total VFM.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 12:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

Got the steering grip and gear knob cover for my Pajero SFX done by Nagraj (Devraj's brother) earlier today. As expected, impeccable workmanship and absolute VFM One of the most humble and genuine human beings I have come across!
Attached Thumbnails
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20180929-7.46.40-am.jpeg  

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20180929-7.46.41-am.jpeg  

cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 21:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

Today's morn saw me pay another visit to Nagaraj for a long pending chore - getting my Gypsy's pathetically thin steering wheel cushioned and wrapped up in delicious looking black leather. About 75 minutes is all it took him and the result was as impressive as earlier
Attached Thumbnails
Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20181223-7.54.26-am.jpeg  

Last edited by cool_dube : 23rd December 2018 at 21:10.
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 13:46   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost 6 years, and the leather wrap for the steering wheel had worn out. Called Nagraj, pulled out the Steering wheel and off on the Activa to JC Road. A quick neat job by Nagraj as always.

Nagraj: 9113841561

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-fullsizerender1.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-fullsizerender2.jpg

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-fullsizerender4.jpg

This time had him place the joints away from where I normally hold the wheel.

The A-Star would one soon. Good that he is available on Sunday too.

Last edited by condor : 21st February 2019 at 13:58.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 14:21   #111
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to avoid the bumps where the pieces are stitched together? We dont see this on oem leather wheels
Old 21st February 2019, 14:53   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Is there any way to avoid the bumps where the pieces are stitched together? We dont see this on oem leather wheels
Not when done this way. Not sure about high end cars, but the OE grip is mostly not leather, and a grip made of synthetic material can be manufactures like that.

Even Mercedes uses what they call leatherite and not leather in many cars (for seat covers included).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 15:05   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not when done this way. Not sure about high end cars, but the OE grip is mostly not leather, and a grip made of synthetic material can be manufactures like that.

Even Mercedes uses what they call leatherite and not leather in many cars (for seat covers included).
Oh ok , I remember reading a post here long ago about a certain stitching technique which would avoid those bumps but cannot seem to trace it now.
Old 21st February 2019, 15:08   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Nagraj: 9113841561
Thank you for the number .

I spoke to him now, for my 2011 fluidic verna seat covers.
He quoted:
Leather: INR 35,000
Artificial leather: INR 8,000 ~ 12,000

I am supposed to go there and order. He will then get the upholstery ready, come to my place, and fix-it-up.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:01   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
This post should clear your query :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ml#post4155211
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
This post should clear your query :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ml#post4155211

This is the post which I managed to find

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post3963851 (Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi))

He mentions skiving to avoid the bumps, Its not really a big annoyance but was just wondering
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Requesting Admins to Change the Title - This Place is now officially called as
Karthik Leather Arts

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-karthik.jpg

I got a couple of wraps done and as usual Terrific work done. They also do Seat covers now and their quality, fit and finish is top notch! Saw a couple of cars with their seat cover, I would easily compare them to the big brands for a fraction of the cost.

if anyone wants to know the exact location you can use Gmaps.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ka...80695?hl=en-IN

Last edited by Captain Slow : 22nd April 2019 at 21:20.
Captain Slow is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 13:17   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

How Do These Steering Grips Age With Time (and kilometers driven):

This of course would be a question many of us would have in mind when we get these grips installed. I too had got this grip installed from Devaraj way back in May 2015 (Refer post).While the job itself was fantastic as you can see the images in my previous post referred above, the material does show signs of aging, mainly because it is just like any other art leather material used for seat covers.

The below image represents when the grip was fitted new (Odo:50,000 Km) and how it aged (Odo : 189,000 Km):

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-beforeafter.jpg
(after using it for 140,000 Km)

I removed this grip on yesterday because it was looking a bit out of place due to aging and the surface had become glossy too. You can make out the how removing these will expose the adhesive that was used to put this in place:

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20200128_122425.jpg

Cleaned the steering with warm water and shampoo and put it back without the grip:

Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)-img_20200128_130504.jpg

What next? Well, presently I am loving the stock feel but I will surely get another grip installed sooner and that will be of a better material and perforated.

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th January 2020 at 13:18.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 09:45   #119
BANNED

Re: Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore)

Friends am looking for recommendations for PU/leather overhaul of seat, steering etc., in and around AECS layout/Marthahalli
Old 30th January 2020, 10:20   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Friends am looking for recommendations for PU/leather overhaul of seat, steering etc., in and around AECS layout/Marthahalli
you can check here for options

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks