Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 09:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Spoke to Naveen over the phone on thursday and yesterday went in search for this but could not find it there are too many lefts small & big. I saw some Race Dynamics near one Honda Service but the rest of the lefts were residential, any ideas?
You should have just kept going straight passing the Honda service centre and RD on the right side. The garage is towards the dead end on the same road on the right side.
Old 25th August 2010, 11:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Spoke to Naveen over the phone on thursday and yesterday went in search for this but could not find it there are too many lefts small & big. I saw some Race Dynamics near one Honda Service but the rest of the lefts were residential, any ideas?

It is on the same road as the Honda service centre and race dynamics. It at the end of the road just before the dead-end on the right. You can ask at race dynamics if you get confused. They also get their cars done from Naveen.
Old 21st March 2011, 20:51   #18
BHPian

Re: Automotive Garage - Automechs (Koramangala, Bangalore)

Sharing my experience with Automechs:

My car (OHC 1.5exi) was due for service since sometime now. After the last service at Whitefield Honda, I did not want to go back there. The service was pathetic, and overpriced. Years ago, when the car used to come back from regular service, it used to feel quite "tight", and it was fun to rev up the engine once again. It wasn't the case anymore and I thought, it was because the car was getting pretty old (it turned 11 this month).

When the piping of my non-stock exhaust came off last week, I had to find a mechanic to weld it back, and service the car as well. After browsing through team-bhp.com's service directory for 10 mins, I decided to give my car at Automechs at Jakkasandra. In addition to the welding and the regular service, I wanted to fix a dent on the passenger side door, and get a new set of rubber beading for the doors.

I called up Naveen at the phone number given, and fixed an appointment for the next day. The directions were easy to follow, and I reached the garage at 11 in the morning. I told him the problems, and also, mentioned that his garage was highly recommended by folks at team-bhp.com. His eyes lighted up at the mention. After telling him the problems, I asked him an rough estimate of how much it would cost. He said that he'll get back to me with the amount. I said okay, and left.

In the evening, I called him up, and asked about the estimate. He said that he has not been able to look at the car, and would do it soon, and he would get back to me with the estimate. I waited till next day evening, and called him up again. He had already started on the work! I got a feeling that the bugger fellow may do all the repairs, and then quote a high amount. He said that the car would be done by next day. He would tell me the total expenses then. I said okay.

The next day, I called him up, he said he is cleaning the alloy wheels with acid, and the car would be ready the next day morning. He told me that he has not added up the expenses, and would call me and let me know in half an hour. He did not call.

The next day, he called me up at 10:30 in the morning, and told me that the car was ready for delivery. I asked him the total expenses. He told me the amount. I heaved a sigh of relief. It was not that high. I told him that I would come around 12:30 and pick up the car.

The finish of the tinkering & painting done on the passenger door was unbelievably good. There was absolutely no sign of the dent. The exhaust pipe was welded back properly. But the biggest surprise was yet to come. The clutch judder while changing gears was almost gone. Earlier, I had to switch off the AC while starting the car from standstill to first gear, because of the clutch judder. Now, that's gone. The gear change is still not very smooth but smoother than before. The car felt quite "tight" finally!

Finally, there are small small things, like the rear view mirror on the passenger side had come loose after the last visit to ***. It used to shake whenever, the car went over a bump. Also, there was a small screw on the driver side right side arm rest which is on the door, which had gone missing during one of the visits to the ***. This was not really an issue, but the arm rest used to hang at a small angle which made it look wee bit ugly. The mirror was fixed properly, and doesn't shake anymore. The arm rest cover was aligned back, and the screw holding it, was back. I was very happy to note these things.

I am very happy with the "full service" that Naveen did on my car, and would recommend the place highly.
agentsmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2011, 22:51   #19
BHPian

Does he service NHCs.. any idea of stocking/availability of general spares like oil/air filters kind of stuffs for differentl brands.
Thanks..
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Does he service NHCs.. any idea of stocking/availability of general spares like oil/air filters kind of stuffs for differentl brands.
Thanks..
When I asked him if he services all cars, he said that he does all cars. The garage is pretty small, and it looks like he may have issues with availability of general spares. Somebody else on this thread also commented the same.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:14   #21
BHPian

Yup he services NHC's, Skodas, etc. Mine and my friends cars all go to him. The only thing is you need to give him time. And he does a brilliant job. He does not stock spares but gets them from the dealers as per requirement. I usually leave my car at his place for about 2 days for a full service as I ensure that he is the one working on the car.
Old 16th April 2011, 15:07   #22
BHPian

My Experience
Last Friday, while returning home I scraped against a huge stone which had come on to the road (quite common here). Was it sheer bad luck or my bad judgement? I don't know. What I know is that it ruined my weekend.
I couldn't stand looking at it (it really hurts to see your ride that way) and so I went to Automechs (after going through Team-bhp directory here) to get an estimate for the work.

Locating the workshop
I did not have trouble locating the place as there is board where you need to take a left from the main road. It comes just before the transformer on the main road and after one Uday bar & restaurant.

Job quality
The best thing about Naveen & Automechs was that they stuck to their estimates (both money & time). There was absolutely no delay. I mean impressed by the quality of the paint job. It is as perfect as it can be. I asked him about a few other things that I wanted to do on the car (some basic mods ). He advised me not to do them as it will be just a waste of money. I was surprised at this. He could have easily encouraged me to do them and gotten away with some money for doing them. But, he was honest enough to recommend not do them.

Overall experience
Very happy. Have already recommended him to a couple of my colleagues.
Old 17th April 2011, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Hi Praz, if you don't mind please share before/after pic (if availabale)... and cost involved for the community benefit. Thanks
Old 17th April 2011, 17:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Hi Praz, if you don't mind please share before/after pic (if availabale)... and cost involved for the community benefit. Thanks
Sorry buddy. I didn't take any pics. The bill is somewhere in the car. Will give the detailed breakup and costs involved once I get hold of it.
Old 18th April 2011, 21:57   #25
BHPian

Sorry, couldn't find the bill. But, the work done involved, Front door painting (to cover an earlier dent done by the SC), Rear door tinkering & painting, Running board tinkering & painting and Rear quarter panel tinkering & painting. The total cost came to 7k.
Old 10th May 2011, 10:02   #26
BHPian

I am finding this place a bit pricey.
Visited Automechs last week for a quote for repairing a dent on rear door. They quoted 2.8k for dent repair and re-painting.
The TASS's quote itself was 3.5k. I dont see any advantage of getting it done here whereas in TASS I can claim the insurance and dont worry about colour matching.
Old 10th May 2011, 10:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I am finding this place a bit pricey.
Visited Automechs last week for a quote for repairing a dent on rear door. They quoted 2.8k for dent repair and re-painting.
The TASS's quote itself was 3.5k. I dont see any advantage of getting it done here whereas in TASS I can claim the insurance and dont worry about colour matching.
1) You should bargain with him and see if he can reduce further.
2) The majority of the cost is the cost of the paint and hence the high cost.
3) Do you really want to forgo your NCB by claiming for Rs. 3.5k?
4) I would be very skeptical about the colour matching the TASS guys do.

I know this cos I had got my friends Baleno painted here and the cost of the job was mainly due to the cost of the paint. But they do a great job with the painting and colour matching.
Old 10th May 2011, 10:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
1) You should bargain with him and see if he can reduce further.
I tried - but they argued that they'll do a better job than TASS. I couldn't buy this.

Quote:
3) Do you really want to forgo your NCB by claiming for Rs. 3.5k?
Don't have much left. There was a claim last year also.

Quote:
4) I would be very skeptical about the colour matching the TASS guys do.
I am skeptical bcos Palio is a discontinued model and the colour may be hard to match for people other than TASS.

Quote:
But they do a great job with the painting and colour matching.
I agree. He showed me a Optra in which he had painted the bottom half of a door and it was absolutely matching with the body.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I tried - but they argued that they'll do a better job than TASS. I couldn't buy this.
That I agree with them. They do a way better job! And they buy their paint/ parts from the distributors who supply to the A.S.S.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm interesting. I've few questions,
1. My Car (Baleno) is due for service. But somehow I don't trust the big showroom cum service stations anymore. So was planning to try out some other place. So how is this place for servicing a Maruti i.e. Baleno? I guess I need to replace the clutch cable as it has become a bit hard. Other then that no major things will be needed to fix.
2. There are few small dents here and there. I guess they are still good at the denting jobs?
3. And very important question, do they accept Credit Cards?
Regards,

Most Viewed