Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 21:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Automotive Garage - Automechs (Koramangala, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hmmm interesting. I've few questions,
1. My Car (Baleno) is due for service. But somehow I don't trust the big showroom cum service stations anymore. So was planning to try out some other place. So how is this place for servicing a Maruti i.e. Baleno? I guess I need to replace the clutch cable as it has become a bit hard. Other then that no major things will be needed to fix.
2. There are few small dents here and there. I guess they are still good at the denting jobs?
3. And very important question, do they accept Credit Cards?
Regards,
Yup they service Baleno's. My friends Baleno has been going there ever since he bought it for servicing related works. Shouldnt be a prolem. Sadly they dont take credit cards as they are small but good workshop.
sarmarishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 16:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

My Corsa is due for service and I know for a fact that the 40k service is going to cost me a bomb! The cost of spares will rip me off so I thought I'd save some in the labour charges. For now, the car is being serviced at Sundaram Motors.

Does Automechs handle Corsa - would they have original spares?

What I need to get done - all the Oil and Filter changes (will try DIY if possible) and need to check the noise that comes when I turn the steering. Also, the SA advised during the 30k service that the timing belt needs to be replaced at 40k.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th August 2011 at 16:32.
Old 25th August 2011, 17:45   #33
BHPian

Hey.. Automechs does not stock the parts but they source it from the suppliers of these ***'s. My friends Sail and anothers Astra goes there for service regularly. So its upto you!
Old 25th August 2011, 17:55   #34
Team-BHP Support

Thanks! I've a Sail too.

If they source the parts from A.S.S., how long do they generally take for repairs (approximately, assuming a common part)? Do they return the car that's gone for general servicing within a day?
Old 25th August 2011, 18:01   #35
BHPian

For my car.. Esteem they give it in a day as they just call and the part arrives. You may want to take it there and ask them to order the parts before leaving the car!
sarmarishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 16:38   #36
BHPian

Guys any latest update on experience with these guys? I want to leave my Zen for clutch change. Searching for some good mechanic for clutch replacement.
Old 28th February 2012, 13:02   #37
BHPian

Inspite of me having posted positive feedback on the garage in this very same thread, feels not so good about recent experiences with the painter there. I have been a regular at Automechs for all painting related works and for the regular bi-weekly water service for the past ~ 4 years or so.

Couple of months back, I had my Accent painted there (bonnet, bumpers, doors and the rear quarter panel). The charges were all reasonable, but the quality was horrible to say the least. I guess its either due to usage of poor quality paint/putty/not leaving enough time for healing, but the surface was full of blade marks and scratches. When asked, the answer I got was that whatever paint/process you follow, this is the best finish you can get with black color.

Once again, I got my Fiesta's boot and some other body parts painted from him. The finish was hopeless: full of scratch marks, blisters and uneven surfaces. The Fiesta is'nt black for him to give me the same lame excuse and all he offered was to polish the painted parts once again. The guy used to do a good job, but alas I wonder why this change. I am planing to get it repainted from maybe Sai colourium this time around.

Last edited by jeeva : 28th February 2012 at 13:12.
jeeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 17:23   #38
BHPian

I have been using this place 4 times. I initially went after reading the T Bhp recommendation. On first visit, I intentionally gave very basic work to be done. The oil/filter change, gear oil change, air filter change, cabin and brake bulb replacement.

On second instance, I got exhaust pipe welding, strut bushkit, full service and many other things done.

On third instance, I had a repainting work done.

On fourth instance, I got full throttle body cleaning, alignment, RVM, lower control arm replacement, Timing belt, accessory belt and alternator belt changed and many other things done.

Overall my observations are

+vs
1. A very honest guy. He doesn't overcharge, or take fuel out of your car or won't run your car for errands.
2. He will not ask for unnecessary part changes. If something can be repaired, he will recommend repair. He is not driven by what brings him maximum profits.
3. He is quite knowledgeable on cars (Well, at least my santro).

-vs.
1. He takes more time compared to service centers.
2. He sources parts and this also takes time.
3. Sometimes I suspect the parts put in were not OEM or top quality. (Please note if the part was lower quality, I was accordingly charged lower price. But in my case I want top quality parts only).
4. He cannot give you reliable estimates on money and time. But I often overlook this, as in my opinion honesty is more important than being accurate with estimates. I know they are not mutually exclusive, but still...
5. I think he does not have air tools and lifts etc. So I suspect, it leads to sometimes suboptimal work.

Overall I would recommend this place to you.

Edit: When I read my comment again after posting, I see that grammar is all over the place and framing of sentences is wrong. I hope I was able to convey the message. Please reply, and I can provide a much finer detailed feedback.

Last edited by carbookie : 9th September 2012 at 17:26. Reason: grammar
Old 29th November 2012, 16:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Inspite of me having posted positive feedback on the garage in this very same thread, feels not so good about recent experiences with the painter there.
Apparently, it was the putty that played spoil-sport.
They now source it from a different dealer, and I can safely say that the painting quality is back to its glory days.
Got the Fiesta's front bumper and a couple of friend's cars painted from there.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Sharing my experience with Automechs:

I am very happy with the "full service" that Naveen did on my car, and would recommend the place highly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Very happy. Have already recommended him to a couple of my colleagues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
I have been using this place 4 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
For my car.. Esteem they give it in a day as they just call and the part arrives. You may want to take it there and ask them to order the parts before leaving the car!
All of you who have used the services of Automechs I have 2 questions-
  1. Need to work on the suspension of my M800 which has got too weak. Does Automechs do suspensions?
  2. Have any one of you used their services recently since most of the posts are of some time ago and if so how is their service quality nowadays?
Old 1st July 2013, 21:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

All of you who have used the services of Automechs I have 2 questions-

[*]Need to work on the suspension of my M800 which has got too weak. Does Automechs do suspensions?[*]Have any one of you used their services recently since most of the posts are of some time ago and if so how is their service quality nowadays?
I am regular there. I will still recommend the place. He does suspension work.
I got rubber bushings for struts changed there.
carbookie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 22:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I am regular there. I will still recommend the place. He does suspension work.
I got rubber bushings for struts changed there.
This was for your Santro?
Old 1st July 2013, 22:07   #43
BHPian

I have been a regular here for almost one year now and Naveen has worked on my Civic and now my Laura. All the small details are well taken care of if you highlight them beforehand. He tries his best to please a customer by giving them what they want at the best possible price.
I am planning to give my Laura now for clutch replacement and suspension work. This is the first time I am asking Naveen to do something major like a clutch change. Will give feedback as soon as it is done (next week).
evoque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
This was for your Santro?
Yes. But I have seen him work on maruti and other cars as well.

He is quite knowledgeable. The only problem you will face is that he takes more time for repair. He generally underestimates the time he needs to complete a repair.

Also he doesn't estimate the repair costs well. Since he is generally honest I am okay. He doesn't change parts unless absolutely required. So I trust him a lot.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
I have been a regular here for almost one year now and Naveen has worked on my Civic and now my Laura.
Quote:
Yes. But I have seen him work on maruti and other cars as well.

Also he doesn't estimate the repair costs well. Since he is generally honest I am okay. He doesn't change parts unless absolutely required. So I trust him a lot.
Thats very reassuring to know that you use his services even now. This is good since it is not very far from where I live in BTM.

Also as mentioned earlier have been looking to get the suspension reworked as the front tires are wearing out on the inner side. Need to know what are the parts that need to be changed and what is the exact nature of repairs needed.

Do let know if you have any insight on this front else will post in a thread relevant to seek answers.

The other things in mind to get done are -

Upgrade the stock head lamp bulbs to more powerful ones
Some minor tinkering work in front of the 'left front wheel arches'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks