Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:36   #1
BHPian

Automotive Garage - Automechs (Koramangala, Bangalore)

Services offered:
  • Body work, Painting
  • All kinds of repairs (engine, Gearbox, Suspension, Other Mechanicals, etc.)
  • Car Wash
  • Silicon Coating
  • Car Modifications - Free Flow Exhausts (have not tried as he usually does it for the Rally cars), Fog lamp installs, Roll cage, Rally suspension set-up, engine modifications, etc. (Does modifications for Race Dynamics)
What I like:
  • Have been an Automix customer since the last 5 years. Honest straight-forward dealing.
  • Will never ask you to change something that does not require changing.
  • Tries to minimise costs by repairing something if it is reparable. (Example: Bumpers, takes out dents and paints instead of replacing with a new one for fraction of the cost. Got it done after on my friends Corolla after he was in the middle of 3 car accident.)
  • Can work on any car. Have seen Accords to Revas being worked on there.
  • Excellent service. Comes and picks the car up for you if you live in Koramangala. (Atleast picks up mine)
  • Good with work. The guy used to work for GMW (M.A.S.S) owned by Sanjay Agarwal (Rally driver). Used to work on his rally Esteem and Gypsy.
What I don't like:
  • Not open on sundays.
  • Not a very big workshop and doesnt have all the tools a dealership workshop has but makes do with it.
Pricing: Reasonable.

Speciality / USP: None in particular. Very good with Marutis/ Hondas (Speaking from experience)

What I have gotten done from him:
  • Denting and painting work on a Zen, Corolla.
  • Clutch and gear box overhaul for Esteem
  • K&N installation on Esteem
  • Oil change from mineral to Synthetic
  • Usual service and checks

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Naveen
- Phone numbers: 9243401466
- Postal Address: Koramangala 1st Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: At the end of the road from Race Dynamics/ Honda service centre. From Wipro park head towards Sarjapur road. Take left on Sarjapur road towards HSR. Once you cross the HDFC bank on the right on this road, it is the 3rd left next to a bakery. Much before the HSR (Agara) lake or the HSR turn-off signal (Jakkasandra cross.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Name:  automix.JPG
Views: 26067
Size:  45.2 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2010 at 18:49. Reason: As per adi99's correction
sarmarishi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 16:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think i have dealt with this guy when he was with Sanjay. I met him in Koramangala once, after Sanjay shut shop and he told me about his new workshop.
Always wanted to try it out but couldnt because i didnt know the location.

Thanks to this thread, now i know!
Old 9th June 2010, 14:15   #3
BHPian

Yup. He has been at this place since Sanjay shut shop. He used to work there initially and now I think he bought the place over.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:03   #4
BHPian

What a timing! I have a pretty nasty dent on my Zen's rear thanks to a BMTC bus rear ending me. I shall post a pic soon, do you think he can fix it right. Once i post a pic, do give me an estimate of the expenses.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
What a timing! I have a pretty nasty dent on my Zen's rear thanks to a BMTC bus rear ending me. I shall post a pic soon, do you think he can fix it right. Once i post a pic, do give me an estimate of the expenses.
Not sure what ur dent looks like but it would be a good idea to show it to them as they will straight away tell you if it is fixable or not and also give you a quote.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:34   #6
BHPian

Thanks a lot for this thread..

I have quite a few scratches on my baleno, and looking for a good detailing job to be done for this. Also there are gaps between headlights & from bumper.

The rear bumper is also not in top condition, has gaps and is a little loose.
Please see the pics in this link

Can this be fixed ? and how much do you think it can cost (just out of your experience).. what about detailing job he does? thanks again !!
Old 10th June 2010, 11:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Does he do strut braces like Sanjay used to? I had got one for my zen from Sanjay and it was really a superb job.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Thanks a lot for this thread..

I have quite a few scratches on my baleno, and looking for a good detailing job to be done for this. Also there are gaps between headlights & from bumper.

The rear bumper is also not in top condition, has gaps and is a little loose.
Please see the pics in this link

Can this be fixed ? and how much do you think it can cost (just out of your experience).. what about detailing job he does? thanks again !!
Not too sure. I am afraid you will have to take it to him. Its just a puttie and pain job though. Paint will be around 2k I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Does he do strut braces like Sanjay used to? I had got one for my zen from Sanjay and it was really a superb job.
I had asked Naveen for my car and he said that he can make it for me. I also checked with Sanjay and he said that Naveen should be able to make it. He used to work on them in GMW I believe. He asked me to tell him to give a call to Sanjay if he doesnt get it right. So, you can tell him the same thing.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
I had asked Naveen for my car and he said that he can make it for me. I also checked with Sanjay and he said that Naveen should be able to make it. He used to work on them in GMW I believe. He asked me to tell him to give a call to Sanjay if he doesnt get it right. So, you can tell him the same thing.
So did you get a strut brace done from him? Can you post a picture?
Old 10th June 2010, 19:00   #10
BANNED

Need a good Scorpio garage In Bangalore

Can someone recommend a tried and trusted Scorpio Garage in Bangalore. I am too nervous to try BOSCH or other car service centers as I m not aware of their expertise levels..
Old 10th June 2010, 22:12   #11
BHPian

Used to give my car to Automix for regular service when i was in Bangalore. They know what work they are doing and are pretty good at it. Naveen is a very soft spoken guy and will tell you what the exact problem with the vehicle is.

Had also bought an end can from them once my end can developed a crack. Neat work and the new end can sounds good.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
So did you get a strut brace done from him? Can you post a picture?

I havent had the time to go there and get it done yet. Will let you know once I do. I am quite confident that he will do a pretty good job of it.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:13   #13
BHPian

I discovered this garage when I was looking out for a good water service station in and around Koramangala. After I met Naveen there and saw his work and honesty, I am stuck to this place.
He has worked on my Palio and now the Bolero. I went mad with Green Tracks when they wanted to change the lower arm and do a complete steering overhaul for a silly "tak tak" sound when going over uneven surfaces. Naveen smiled when I said this and added a shim to the caliper pin. It was just a shacky pin.
He is pretty knowledgeable and knows his work. The painter there also does a very good job. The whole lot of Revas come there from the A-S-S for paint jobs.
For the records, the garage's name is Automax not Automix
Old 28th June 2010, 15:09   #14
BHPian

MODERATORS: PLEASE HELP CHANGE THE NAME OF THE THREAD TO 'AUTOMECHS'. I verified it on my last visit which was this weekend.
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to Naveen over the phone on thursday and yesterday went in search for this but could not find it there are too many lefts small & big. I saw some Race Dynamics near one Honda Service but the rest of the lefts were residential, any ideas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks