Team-BHP - ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82890-ice-accessories-sachins-auto-shop-koramangala-bangalore-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetorque (Post 3915893)
...Nex visit planned for ICE upgrade - confused a bit on speaker upgrade, addition of sub woofer etc. Need to sit with them once again before the final call.

There are better folks for audio related stuff, though might be expensive. I personally prefer a master of the trade rather than jack of all trades. However, their pricing is quite neat.

A visit to national market will fetch you great prices, at the cost of warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3915980)
There are better folks for audio related stuff, though might be expensive. I personally prefer a master of the trade rather than jack of all trades. However, their pricing is quite neat.

A visit to national market will fetch you great prices, at the cost of warranty.

I too felt like you said, but don't have much idea on the option around here. It would be really great if you can PM me some (master of the class), yes buddy it may come at a price.

Anybody having their mobile numbers? Since they open late, its convenient to plan out our schedules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopa99 (Post 4072559)
Anybody having their mobile numbers? Since they open late, its convenient to plan out our schedules.

Dont have their mobile numbers handy but they do open between 11:40 AM and 12 PM, I used to go there around noon and would invariably be the first customer.

I recently went to this shop to have the accessories fixed for my wife's car.
1) The HU cost was high compared to what you would get online -You can get it for a better price (via online) and with warranty.
2) The cost of speakers and other accessories were OK since the labor cost is included in it.
However, the fitting was just average - You can get this work done at any shop near your home. I did not find anything extraordinary.
3) The guys did not even do the tuning of the HU. They just installed it and said its working.
4) They fixed the tweeters in a way where I cannot use the outside mirror adjustment freely.
5) The frustrating part was that they did not even screw the door padding properly - In some cases, it was left without the screws.
6)They did not even clean the mess they left inside the car - The wire pieces etc.,

Hence, my experience is not that great and I would not recommend this place.

Visited here a few weeks ago on a Saturday evening to fix the dashcam. Had to wait for 3 hours to get someone to attend to me. They were busy with other customers who had dropped in earlier. But once they started on the job it was quick. Lesson learnt- Call in advance and fix an appointment especially on a Saturday.

Does this shop have Kagu 3D mats? If yes, will ask my friend to pick a set and bring it for me. Please quote my reply if available so that I get a pop-up :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DejavuTrip (Post 4330231)
Visited here a few weeks ago on a Saturday evening to fix the dashcam. .

planning to go to Sachin's for the dash cam. Can you share me the specs you opted for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopa99 (Post 4396324)
planning to go to Sachin's for the dash cam. Can you share me the specs you opted for?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4331429

Voted for “NOT Recommended”, the following long post explains why.

For anyone who is a fan of their work, please understand that the narration below is my personal experience and I have written it down from my painful experience during/after the installation. It was my money, my time and my peace of mind that was put at stake.

Went to this particular shop to get a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 fog lamps installed on 17th December (two days prior to my trip to Varanasi) and the overall experience was pathetic.

I called them up on 14th to enquire about the availability of the lights and they responded positive. On checking with them whether I can come on weekend, I was told to come on Monday since weekends would be rush and the fixture would need time (two – three hours they said). So I put in a leave on Monday (17th December), me and my wife reached the shop by 12.00PM, the lamps were not available by the time we reached there and Mr. Manoj who was managing the shop, then calls someone and orders the lamps for me and ask me to wait for 45 minutes. The light came in after about one hour and then to my surprise there is only lamp and not two, he calls his vendor and tries to clear his part in front of us. In the meantime, one of the electrician starts wiring on my car and I had clearly told them not to sleeve any wires which never fell in their ears, they sleeved multiple wires even before I could stop them.

Now the worst part is that they don’t use any branded relay wiring harness and use loose wires with a Roots relay for the wiring. I was alarmed by this and on asking them multiple times why they aren’t using any harness for which the proud claim was “We have done the same on 50 other cars and nothing have happened”.

The time was about 4.00 O’clock and he sends me to another guy to get the clamps fixed, again as I have read multiple times in the forum that the clamps shouldn’t be welded to the cross member I asked the guy to get it fixed by screws and this again was rejected because of his reasoning that screwed clamps may vibrate on bad roads. I did have to agree to this one since I am not an expert on these things and to my practical mind this felt true.

From the moment they started the wiring with loose wires I kept asking them to use some sort of cable shield and I was assured of the same. When the work was about to complete they informed me that they don’t have any shields in stock, to which I responded that you may get it from a nearby shop and I would pay for it – unfortunately the nearby shop don't have them in stock and the electrician or Mr. Manoj don't really bother to check more about it. I am sure that at least one shop in Kormanagala would have had the shield in stock.

Time was about 8.00 ‘O'clock, the lights are installed and he demo the light, the first reaction was from my wife and it was “This light is only slightly brighter than the headlights and nothing close to what we had in our Sx4”. In our Sx4 we had a pair of fogs installed and they would put this current pair of hella’s to shame and the total cost was just half of that I paid for the lamps alone. I felt the same, but I was too tired to discuss more on this with people who have deaf ears and returned back home. To be honest, I was driving home scared that the poor wiring would cause a short circuit. Thankfully we reached home and on reaching home we noticed that the company fitted fog lamps were not working. We called it a long day without much research on this.

So on 18th morning I take the car to Renault service to check the dead fog lamp and change the cabin filter. To my horror, I see that a couple of wires were disconnected from the battery. The service guys check the whole thing and gives a negative feedback about the whole thing.
On 19th morning we start the trip to Varanasi, by night we reach the outskirts of Hyderabad and turns on the light. The beam was too dim and the area of light fall was not properly highlighted - the whole purpose of spending my time and money on the installation failed miserably in front of me. The WORST part of the whole thing happened the same night, when my wife tried to roll up the rear right window, the light was cutting off. I call up Mr. Manoj and he in his casual mode answers that this has never happened in any past cars and it could be a one off, the electrician says that he will need to sleeve one more wire to get this fixed. I informed them that I am in Hyderabad and would visit once back in town.

For the 4500 kilometers we covered during the trip, we could use the lights for only about 10 Kms and this was not my purpose when I got the lights installed. If you ask me why I couldn’t use them - it was because of the fear of getting stranded on an unknown highway due to a short circuit, the cut off when using the power windows was not reassuring at all.

So I visit the shop on 1st to get their observation on the issue, Manoj had this attitude that was not reassuring at all. He sends his electrician to check this and he could not find any issue with the wiring he did – not a surprise. He sleeves another wire from the ignition and repeats the claim that he had done the same wiring for about another 50 cars and this has never happened before.

The light getting cut off when the window is rolled up had been fixed now and I returned home with no other option because they were not ready/skilled to redo the wiring with a proper harness.

Lessons learned from these incidents,
• I should have thought about the lighting earlier and took my car to Kerala and worked along with my trusted electrician there
• Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore) is not the go to place for any auto electric work, at least for me
• The wiring harness is as important as the brand of the lamps
• Go to an expert for any electric installation

Something that the shop management can learn
You worked on 100 cars doesn’t really mean that the 110th car should also behave same. Anything can go wrong, please stop claiming things.

Sleeving any wire to install auxiliary lamp is a big no-no and shows the incompetence/lack of interest for a clean job or both on part of the installer.

And this "I have done this on 100 cars and none of them had a problem" reeks of arrogance and overconfidence.

I would suggest you undo the entire wiring done. Get fresh wiring done from a competent auto electrician with proper gauge wires and good relay with a separate switch. See if hella sells relay harness for the aux light that you have. If it does then the job is whole lot simpler.

As someone who has been an old customer of Sachin's Auto Shop, it is sad to read about this experience as it shows how the mighty have fallen. I had got the audio installation of my ex-Fiat Punto from them and was very happy with their setup and work and their recommendation of the Ground Zero system. My friend has also got the audio systems in his cars from them based on my experience and strong recommendation. Its safe to say, that I will no longer be recommending them based on TBHPian psmenon's post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4521664)
Sleeving any wire to install auxiliary lamp is a big no-no and shows the incompetence/lack of interest for a clean job or both on part of the installer.

And this "I have done this on 100 cars and none of them had a problem" reeks of arrogance and overconfidence.

I would suggest you undo the entire wiring done. Get fresh wiring done from a competent auto electrician with proper gauge wires and good relay with a separate switch. See if hella sells relay harness for the aux light that you have. If it does then the job is whole lot simpler.

Sure Sagar, I am just trying to find a solution to this whole mess they have created with my car. The saddest part for me is that I lost my electrical warranty because of their poor workmanship. When I went back to get it checked, they just kept repeating the same dialogue to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4521847)
As someone who has been an old customer of Sachin's Auto Shop, it is sad to read about this experience as it shows how the mighty have fallen. I had got the audio installation of my ex-Fiat Punto from them and was very happy with their setup and work and their recommendation of the Ground Zero system. My friend has also got the audio systems in his cars from them based on my experience and strong recommendation. Its safe to say, that I will no longer be recommending them based on TBHPian psmenon's post.

On a lighter note, maybe this should be removed as readers may ignore your post as well :D !

I have not tried any audio installation from them and hence I cannot comment on that, but from what I saw they have only three electricians and they do everything there from audio installations to seat fixtures. I would not suggest them for anything now, just considering the way they handled my issue when I raised it.

How people would consider my post is not my concern here, I lost 15k in cash and about 10 hours of my time there and I just don't want anyone else to face the same. If people are happy about their service I am sure they would not mind my post and go there for their next installation.

I chose this particular shop just because the reviews on the forum was positive and moreover I believe the forum more than any other platform. It bit me back this time, but lesson learnt :)

I would like to know one thing. From what I understand once the wires are sleeved, the electrical warranty would be void- will removing the installation do some help in this regard or is it a closed case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmenon (Post 4521881)
Sure Sagar, I am just trying to find a solution to this whole mess they have created with my car. The saddest part for me is that I lost my electrical warranty because of their poor workmanship. When I went back to get it checked, they just kept repeating the same dialogue to me.

I would like to know one thing. From what I understand once the wires are sleeved, the electrical warranty would be void- will removing the installation do some help in this regard or is it a closed case.

Remove the installation and tape the sleeved locations properly. As long as the sleeved locations do not get exposed the chances of you getting electrical problems are slim. Do not worry about that. However, if you do encounter electrical problems in the area where the wires were sleeved then the service center can void your warranty claim for the electrical parts. This is only if they see the sleeved wires.

Get a proper installation done with a relay harness and inline fuse. That will make your lights work to their full potential.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4521968)
Remove the installation and tape the sleeved locations properly. As long as the sleeved locations do not get exposed the chances of you getting electrical problems are slim. Do not worry about that. However, if you do encounter electrical problems in the area where the wires were sleeved then the service center can void your warranty claim for the electrical parts. This is only if they see the sleeved wires.

Get a proper installation done with a relay harness and inline fuse. That will make your lights work to their full potential.

Thanks Sagar, I am planning to get the lights removed and tape the sleeves as you have mentioned.

The lights were not worth the investment made :Frustrati