Team-BHP - ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82890-ice-accessories-sachins-auto-shop-koramangala-bangalore-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmenon (Post 4521621)
• Forum reviews should be taken with a bit of salt

Problem is that these shops don't keep up the quality over time. The last post above commenting about this shop's quality is from 2017, and a lot could have changed in a year.

I had a similar experience with Evo. Absolutely horrible workmanship and sky high attitude, when most forum reviews were very favourable - but many users updated their bad experiences after mine which had revived the thread. .

Now atleast people will be warned after your post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmenon (Post 4522040)
Thanks Sagar, I am planning to get the lights removed and tape the sleeves as you have mentioned.

The lights were not worth the investment made :Frustrati

They will be. Get them wired up properly so that they get to work as intended.

@Psmemom,
You need a wiring harness for fog lamps with a dedicated inline fuse similar to what we use for higher capacity headlamps.

If you search on google- "Wiring harness for fog lamps" you will get what i am talking about. Buy a good brand and it should be take care of your worries.

Like others have said, using good quality wiring the proper way will let your lamps work to full potential.
Regarding your wires, tape them well and that should be be fine.

Quote:

• Forum reviews should be taken with a bit of salt

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmenon (Post 4521881)
I chose this particular shop just because the reviews on the forum was positive and moreover I believe the forum more than any other platform. It bit me back this time, but lesson learnt :)

Since you have posted your bad experience with the shop and also mentioned that forum reviews (including yours by implicit extension) need to be taken with a pinch of salt, readers might be confused into ignoring your experience. Im sure that was not your intention - to tell people about your negative experience and then advise them that your review should not be taken at 100% face value.

Hence I mentioned that you should probably remove the quoted part from your post (in bold) above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 4522880)
Since you have posted your bad experience with the shop and also mentioned that forum reviews (including yours by implicit extension) need to be taken with a pinch of salt, readers might be confused into ignoring your experience. Im sure that was not your intention - to tell people about your negative experience and then advise them that your review should not be taken at 100% face value.

Hence I mentioned that you should probably remove the quoted part from your post (in bold) above.

Totally understand :) I'm out of the edit window anyways so can't do much about it now.

Quote:

Voted for “NOT Recommended”, the following long post explains why. for any auto electric work, at least for me
• The wiring harness is as important as the brand of the lamps
• Go to an expert for any electric installation

Something that the shop management can learn
You worked on 100 cars doesn’t really mean that the 110th car should also behave same. Anything can go wrong, please stop claiming things.

We who want to achieve the best have to endure these disappointments inevitably. When I started my quest to have the best night driving experience, I too faced these trends. I redid my clamps and wiring twice over a period of couple of months to fix my two pairs (4nos) of Hella 500s. After 60k Kms of night driving, I am fully assured that patience pays.

It's never a good idea to let these jump on our cars instantly. We must discuss with them, disregarding their attitude and be firm with things like stopping them from splicing the original wires. A lone motorhead commands better attention than a sweet couple in this scenario. Instead of having the family in tow, try going alone or take a fellow motorhead with you. Growl, snarl, scream or guffaw, Make them toe your line, no matter what.

I got speakers installed from here. I am have been facing strange electrical problems after that.

I want to get my car's electricals checked and fixed from a reliable shop.

Can someone please recommend a good place for the same in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COMMUTER (Post 4531332)
We who want to achieve the best have to endure these disappointments inevitably. When I started my quest to have the best night driving experience, I too faced these trends. I redid my clamps and wiring twice over a period of couple of months to fix my two pairs (4nos) of Hella 500s. After 60k Kms of night driving, I am fully assured that patience pays.

It's never a good idea to let these jump on our cars instantly. We must discuss with them, disregarding their attitude and be firm with things like stopping them from splicing the original wires. A lone motorhead commands better attention than a sweet couple in this scenario. Instead of having the family in tow, try going alone or take a fellow motorhead with you. Growl, snarl, scream or guffaw, Make them toe your line, no matter what.

Totally agreed, anyways I got my car to my electrician and he just re-wired the whole thing now.The first reaction from him on seeing the connection was "Why haven't they used any shields on the wires" , he checked and found that reason for the right bulb to be weak was that the power from the second output of the relay was not used and let free. He tweaked the whole thing, put a nice shield over the wires and it looks so neat now, I used it while returning to Bangalore on the same day and the difference was evident.

I've been there to talk to them after the long trip, to make them understand that something was wrong but deaf and dumb heads there does not take anything in. I prefer not to shout at them and waste my energy.

My advice to anyone going there, if Manoj deals with you. Please just clear out of the place, his attitude is good as a duck.

Mean time I also got a pair of fog lamps installed - from a different shop. It has a HID + Projector setup and works on low + high beams, the best thing I did for 10k. The lights are super good and the cut is perfect as in like high end cars, I use it more than my headlights now :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmenon (Post 4531593)
Mean time I also got a pair of fog lamps installed - from a different shop. It has a HID + Projector setup and works on low + high beams, the best thing I did for 10k. The lights are super good and the cut is perfect as in like high end cars, I use it more than my headlights now :)

Can you let me know the details of the fog lamps? I bought a new Abarth Punto and looking to upgrade the lights. I drive on the highways and interior roads, mostly during the night. The stock setup on the Punto is inadequate. A good set of HIDs for fog lamps and perhaps LEDs for the main headlamps should suffice. I had gone to Sachin's auto shop way back in 2012 or so to get Hella lights for my swift. They were pretty decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 4603189)
Can you let me know the details of the fog lamps? I bought a new Abarth Punto and looking to upgrade the lights. I drive on the highways and interior roads, mostly during the night. The stock setup on the Punto is inadequate. A good set of HIDs for fog lamps and perhaps LEDs for the main headlamps should suffice. I had gone to Sachin's auto shop way back in 2012 or so to get Hella lights for my swift. They were pretty decent.

The fog lamp is an HID with projector to focus the beam, it has a dim - bright switch in it which can be connected to the headlamps to use.

Hi all,

I need some advice regarding HU repair/replacement.

The ICE HU for my Tata Zest XT isn't working and Tata ASS is asking for 50k for HU replacement. Apart from music, the HU also doubles up as the display for:

1. Reverse parking sensors
2. AC status display (temp, auto, econ mode etc)
3. Phone related stuff, specially for bluetooth calling

I need to get it checked and repaired/replaced with any good aftermarket option, if required.

Looking at the mixed reviews here, I am not sure if I should use this service. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himarg (Post 4946227)
The ICE HU for my Tata Zest XT isn't working and Tata ASS is asking for 50k for HU replacement. Apart from music, the HU also doubles up as the display for...

Check OLX for OEM HU advertisements. Also scout the 'popular' local accessory stores since most of them will swap the OEM HU for an aftermarket one, you can buy that if the pricing is sensible. Also search the area in your city where second-hand parts are available, you can get the HU for a cheap price than what Tata is asking for it.

If you are not keen on OEM replacement then let us know the budget for a new aftermarket HU, accordingly we can suggest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himarg (Post 4946227)
Hi all,

I need some advice regarding HU repair/replacement.

The ICE HU for my Tata Zest XT isn't working and Tata ASS is asking for 50k for HU replacement. Apart from music, the HU also doubles up as the display for:

1. Reverse parking sensors
2. AC status display (temp, auto, econ mode etc)
3. Phone related stuff, specially for bluetooth calling

I need to get it checked and repaired/replaced with any good aftermarket option, if required.

Looking at the mixed reviews here, I am not sure if I should use this service. Any suggestions are most welcome.

You will lose the AC status display and reverse parking sensor display if you go for aftermarket HU. The phone related stuff would work though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4946238)
If you are not keen on OEM replacement then let us know the budget for a new aftermarket HU, accordingly we can suggest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4946254)
You will lose the AC status display and reverse parking sensor display if you go for aftermarket HU. The phone related stuff would work though.

Thanks Anurag and Sagar. Before deciding on an aftermarket HU, I would first like to get the issue confirmed from an independent garage, who preferably is good with Electrical/Electronics stuff. The reason I want to do this is because before I gave my car to TASS for inspection, a few more things weren't working. After their inspection, at least 2-3 major systems started working. They are:

1. Remote lock unlock
2. Air Con controls (earlier it was always on by default)
3. Cabin light and keyhole illumination on car unlock

This gives me hope that perhaps it may be a minor fix instead of a complete replacement. Of course, I understand if the full HU has conked off - then it must be replaced.

So, please recommend a good and reliable place to get this issue checked in Bengaluru - preferably near HSR Layout but I am willing to go to some distance as well, if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himarg (Post 4946320)
1. Remote lock unlock
2. Air Con controls (earlier it was always on by default)
3. Cabin light and keyhole illumination on car unlock

These 3 things resolved by Tata is not related to HU.

For HU repair, you need to check with the car accessory shops who will have contacts on where the electronic level component repair is performed for audio systems.