Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

View Poll Results: I have used their services and i would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 49.28%
Recommended 30 43.48%
NOT Recommended 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th January 2019, 11:41   #91
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Forum reviews should be taken with a bit of salt
Problem is that these shops don't keep up the quality over time. The last post above commenting about this shop's quality is from 2017, and a lot could have changed in a year.

I had a similar experience with Evo. Absolutely horrible workmanship and sky high attitude, when most forum reviews were very favourable - but many users updated their bad experiences after mine which had revived the thread. .

Now atleast people will be warned after your post.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2019, 12:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sagar, I am planning to get the lights removed and tape the sleeves as you have mentioned.

The lights were not worth the investment made
They will be. Get them wired up properly so that they get to work as intended.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2019, 15:55   #93
BHPian

@Psmemom,
You need a wiring harness for fog lamps with a dedicated inline fuse similar to what we use for higher capacity headlamps.

If you search on google- "Wiring harness for fog lamps" you will get what i am talking about. Buy a good brand and it should be take care of your worries.

Like others have said, using good quality wiring the proper way will let your lamps work to full potential.
Regarding your wires, tape them well and that should be be fine.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 12:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forum reviews should be taken with a bit of salt
Quote:
I chose this particular shop just because the reviews on the forum was positive and moreover I believe the forum more than any other platform. It bit me back this time, but lesson learnt
Since you have posted your bad experience with the shop and also mentioned that forum reviews (including yours by implicit extension) need to be taken with a pinch of salt, readers might be confused into ignoring your experience. Im sure that was not your intention - to tell people about your negative experience and then advise them that your review should not be taken at 100% face value.

Hence I mentioned that you should probably remove the quoted part from your post (in bold) above.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 12:45   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Since you have posted your bad experience with the shop and also mentioned that forum reviews (including yours by implicit extension) need to be taken with a pinch of salt, readers might be confused into ignoring your experience. Im sure that was not your intention - to tell people about your negative experience and then advise them that your review should not be taken at 100% face value.

Hence I mentioned that you should probably remove the quoted part from your post (in bold) above.
Totally understand I'm out of the edit window anyways so can't do much about it now.
psmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 21:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Voted for “NOT Recommended”, the following long post explains why. for any auto electric work, at least for me
• The wiring harness is as important as the brand of the lamps
• Go to an expert for any electric installation

Something that the shop management can learn
You worked on 100 cars doesn’t really mean that the 110th car should also behave same. Anything can go wrong, please stop claiming things.
We who want to achieve the best have to endure these disappointments inevitably. When I started my quest to have the best night driving experience, I too faced these trends. I redid my clamps and wiring twice over a period of couple of months to fix my two pairs (4nos) of Hella 500s. After 60k Kms of night driving, I am fully assured that patience pays.

It's never a good idea to let these jump on our cars instantly. We must discuss with them, disregarding their attitude and be firm with things like stopping them from splicing the original wires. A lone motorhead commands better attention than a sweet couple in this scenario. Instead of having the family in tow, try going alone or take a fellow motorhead with you. Growl, snarl, scream or guffaw, Make them toe your line, no matter what.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 21st January 2019 at 21:42.
COMMUTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 03:28   #97
BHPian

I got speakers installed from here. I am have been facing strange electrical problems after that.

I want to get my car's electricals checked and fixed from a reliable shop.

Can someone please recommend a good place for the same in Bangalore.
vagabond128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2019, 12:34   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
We who want to achieve the best have to endure these disappointments inevitably. When I started my quest to have the best night driving experience, I too faced these trends. I redid my clamps and wiring twice over a period of couple of months to fix my two pairs (4nos) of Hella 500s. After 60k Kms of night driving, I am fully assured that patience pays.

It's never a good idea to let these jump on our cars instantly. We must discuss with them, disregarding their attitude and be firm with things like stopping them from splicing the original wires. A lone motorhead commands better attention than a sweet couple in this scenario. Instead of having the family in tow, try going alone or take a fellow motorhead with you. Growl, snarl, scream or guffaw, Make them toe your line, no matter what.

Totally agreed, anyways I got my car to my electrician and he just re-wired the whole thing now.The first reaction from him on seeing the connection was "Why haven't they used any shields on the wires" , he checked and found that reason for the right bulb to be weak was that the power from the second output of the relay was not used and let free. He tweaked the whole thing, put a nice shield over the wires and it looks so neat now, I used it while returning to Bangalore on the same day and the difference was evident.

I've been there to talk to them after the long trip, to make them understand that something was wrong but deaf and dumb heads there does not take anything in. I prefer not to shout at them and waste my energy.

My advice to anyone going there, if Manoj deals with you. Please just clear out of the place, his attitude is good as a duck.

Mean time I also got a pair of fog lamps installed - from a different shop. It has a HID + Projector setup and works on low + high beams, the best thing I did for 10k. The lights are super good and the cut is perfect as in like high end cars, I use it more than my headlights now

Last edited by psmenon : 22nd January 2019 at 12:37.
psmenon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 00:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Mean time I also got a pair of fog lamps installed - from a different shop. It has a HID + Projector setup and works on low + high beams, the best thing I did for 10k. The lights are super good and the cut is perfect as in like high end cars, I use it more than my headlights now
Can you let me know the details of the fog lamps? I bought a new Abarth Punto and looking to upgrade the lights. I drive on the highways and interior roads, mostly during the night. The stock setup on the Punto is inadequate. A good set of HIDs for fog lamps and perhaps LEDs for the main headlamps should suffice. I had gone to Sachin's auto shop way back in 2012 or so to get Hella lights for my swift. They were pretty decent.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 12:50   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Can you let me know the details of the fog lamps? I bought a new Abarth Punto and looking to upgrade the lights. I drive on the highways and interior roads, mostly during the night. The stock setup on the Punto is inadequate. A good set of HIDs for fog lamps and perhaps LEDs for the main headlamps should suffice. I had gone to Sachin's auto shop way back in 2012 or so to get Hella lights for my swift. They were pretty decent.
The fog lamp is an HID with projector to focus the beam, it has a dim - bright switch in it which can be connected to the headlamps to use.
psmenon is offline   Reply With Quote