Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 16:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Automotive Workshop : Sejal Motors (Bangalore)

Dear all: A latest NICE experience AGAIN with Suresh and Sejal motors at Bangalore. I cant stop thanking again TBHP and Benny specially for making these info available to people.

For a body work on my car - some job on the passenger side front door and fender - I went to Sejal as the telephonic quote from Honda guys was very high. For a comparison, honda's quote was 3 times high and menonrajesh's car which is same color as mine was painted by Sejal with painting quality and color almost matching with the honda guys - this is from my experience and personal views mainly.

So I got the car painted by Sejal last week and the Experience with Suresh has been nice as usual. The quality of work has been good and the costing was also reasonably acceptable to me.

After hearing me going to pick the car after painting, incidently my 2 colleagues have gone there already and hopefully going to be long term customers for their cars service at Sejal.

Thanks again Sejal Motors, Suresh and Benny. Will keep going back to Sejal when ever need arises.

One issue though - my fender side turn indicator was poping out after painting, on my closer inspection I noted the plastic lock on it was broken. Suresh tried to fix it with super glue but could not, so now I have to replace it myself, I didnt bother to talk more about that with Suresh.

Thanks
narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 30th May 2011 at 16:21.
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 09:45   #32
BHPian

I too had a great experience with Suresh @ Sejal motors after reading through this thread. He is very professional, cheerful and helping. His paint job is really nice. I recently had to take my ANHC to his workshow for repairing damage/inward dents to the running board under the left doors and he did an exceptional job. Below is a picture after the work was completed. He gave me an estimate of 1400 to do the work and he did not charge me anything more whereas Magnum quoted ~3000 rupees.

Automotive Workshop : Sejal Motors (Bangalore)-suresh1.jpg
sudeepg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 00:52   #33
BHPian

Had a very good experience at sejal motors.
Had been there for the tinkering and repainting of dents on my figo's boot door.

The quality of work is fantastic, price reasonable, and also Suresh was very cordial and frank.
Would recommend this place for such jobs!

Details on my ownership thead here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2428087
figo_united is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 18:21   #34
BHPian

A good experience . My OHC went to a private garage for the 1st time , changed all the brake pads , full service done , engine oil , etc . Suresh was not there but his deputy ( Mr. Rajagopal ) was informed.
Overall a good experience and would recomend this place once you have run out of free service schedules and warranty . Thanks to Suresh , he has a good team. May his tribe increase . My OHC had run 75 K and a long term ownership review will come up shortly .
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 14:12   #35
Team-BHP Support

I visited Sejal Motors today to rectify a niggling sound that has.. sorry, had been coming ever since my Corsa bottomed out on one of the craters at Shiradi ghats.

Took a small TD with Suresh to give him an earful (of the sound); luckily the sound showed up. The car was taken to the ramp and the problem was traced to the silencer rubbing against the sump guard. (Due to the bottoming out, the sump guard had bent in a bit which made it rub against the silencer when the engine bay jerked during low rpm)

Found a small leak; he said it was from the oil filter (this made me furious. I had just spent 11k in servicings at Sundaram in Sept and the oil filter was a part of it). He spoke to my SA there and tightened the filter. If it occurs again, I'll have it replaced at Sundaram for free.

I found Mr. Suresh and his team to be co-operative and enthusiastic to solve the problems; they do the one thing I expect from people servicing my cars- listen to the problem. Quite happy with the overall visit.

With Sundaram closing shop, I'm tempted to take my car to Sejal for annual servicing.

Total time : 1 hour
Total Cost : Rs. 100. When I asked how much I'd have to pay, he asked me to give what I felt was right since it was my first visit. This makes me very uncomfortable so I insisted on him telling me the amount and 100 it was.

Problem solved, I'm happy.

Thanks a ton Benny for the reference!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 09:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Gave my Swifty for the 40K servicing at Sejal Motors. Sejal Motors is just outside our layout and thought to give it a try.

Service done for 40K. Needed some replacement of the arms and all done as discussed with Mr. Suresh. Delivered as promised in the same day.

Cost wise comparisons - Similar if I were to give the car to MASS.

But a point worth noting is, when the car was handed over my wifey was upset it was not clean. Since it was late evening I didn't bother to check too. Next morning I found the interiors were not dusted properly, nor even some dashboard shiner applied, etc..which is a kind of feel good factor for the owner when you get a car back from service. This made me check the labour charges, and promptly a washing and cleaning charge was stated there. I expected the same to be a part of the regular service, and especially since a charge was billed, I expected it to be worth the charge. Believe me for the charged rate, I would have got a proper cleaning outside.

It is a friendly neighbourhood service centre. But if you miss the finer details - for example:- I want a clean car after service, then it ends up in only visiting for some minor trouble shooting. Especially so since we have many choices today.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 00:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
It is a friendly neighbourhood service centre. But if you miss the finer details - for example:- I want a clean car after service, then it ends up in only visiting for some minor trouble shooting. Especially so since we have many choices today.
Exactly my thoughts. I go there only for minor jobs when I don't want to drive down to the A.S.S.

Cost wise, I saw that they charged more than Ford for Engine oil and air filter replacement. So no brownie points there as well.
Jaguar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 03:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Been there over the last weekend for my 57k service of Indica DLG turbo. Overall a good experience as were the last 4 visits to Sejal. Could not take a TD on that day and when i took the car out the next day to office, it immediately felt wrong. Drove for couple of KMS and the RIP suddenly shop up with a equally sudden dip and the engine making some funny noise and with the check engine signal. Drove it straight to Sejal and this time Suresh was around.

He got his mechanic and the electrician to work almost immediately and after some dangling around to find the issue, they thought it was due to some loose contact. This took almost an hour and couple of TD's from the mechanics and Suresh to confirm. I did ask him before leaving the workshop that would it be ok to drive around, his response was "Dont worry sir, I am here to help you" and that was VERY reassuring. So far, its been 3 days and that issue hasnt popped up again.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 10:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cost wise comparisons - Similar if I were to give the car to MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I go there only for minor jobs when I don't want to drive down to the A.S.S.

Cost wise, I saw that they charged more than Ford for Engine oil and air filter replacement. So no brownie points there as well.

Completely agree with you. I feel they are also very underequipped to handle routine service. Can go there only for minor jobs.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 23:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Completely agree with you. I feel they are also very underequipped to handle routine service. Can go there only for minor jobs.
.. apart from say a engine oil change and air filter change, i dont think they are equipped much. Their electrician is someone whom I would not let touch my car again. His first place for diagnosis is to check the fuse box and interchange them.. not very effective as I don't see him checking the fuse alignment with the diagram...
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 11:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I expected the same to be a part of the regular service, and especially since a charge was billed, I expected it to be worth the charge. Believe me for the charged rate, I would have got a proper cleaning outside.
I would like to know what response you received when you contacted Sejal motors on this? I agree they should have taken care of this in the first place itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
That is a very interesting statement. Routine service, as the name suggest, is just a trivial job. So, I do not understand anyone being under equipped to handle routine service. If you are refering to air conditioned waiting rooms, pretty women with garlands to receive you etc, I totally agree. This garage is about getting the job done without much fuss at a lower cost.

This is one of the checks I do before recommending the workshop to any of my friends
Old 7th June 2012, 18:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

I would want to share two of my pleasant experience with DV Suresh.

1. My Accent had a dent on the left wheel arch at the front,based on good reviews at Sejal motors I took my vehicle there and requested Mr. Suresh to do the job in one day itself as I could not leave my car for a day. He immediately obliged and asked his people to start the work. They took the car at 9.45 am and by lunch they had fixed the dent and painting was remaining. After lunch they promptly took my vehicle to the paint booth and the vehicle was ready by 6.30pm. I had stayed there to watch how they work and as some member mentioned earlier in the thread the people who work there happy. He charged Rs.1900/- and offered a complimentary wash. The work quality was excellent.

2. A friend of my brother in law had parked his vehicle in the office for a week and gone for a vacation, when he came back he was shocked to see the workmanship of rats inside the engine bay. The wires were chewed and the vehicle was cranking but not starting, remote lock not working. He had called up Trident and Sundaram for the repair, they had told him that vehicle needs to be towed and total expenses may be about Rs.14000. My brother in law called me to enquire about any mechanic who could fix the problem and I referred him to Suresh. He spoke to Suresh over the phone and Suresh told him that towing is not required and he will be able to start the vehicle in any case. He promptly came down to their office, started the vehicle and took it for reworking the wires. As usual he was very humble in his approach. He is a honest guy and does not give false assurance. I will update the thread after the vehicle comes back.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 06:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I would like to know what response you received when you contacted Sejal motors on this? I agree they should have taken care of this in the first place itself.
I have got a couple of SMS, asking me to visit again for the same. Since the car is a work horse it never got a time to visit them.
Have no complaints on their service/work undertaken on the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
This garage is about getting the job done without much fuss at a lower cost.

This is one of the checks I do before recommending the workshop to any of my friends
Charges are more or less in line with M.A.S.S. for the 40K service and replacements I had taken for the Swift. For eg: Washing charges was Rs 300. That is almost same in authorised service centres and dealerships.

Yesterday had an interesting observation. I had a dent on the quarter panel and rear door in my Civic. As ususal I took some quote for the same from them.

It goes like this - Whitefield Honda -9800 + tax + any additional work for tinkering
Magnum / Dakshin Honda - 8000 + tax + any additional work for tinkering

These two are high as expected because they are dealerships.

So I thought I'll check with Sejal and CarNation.
Carnation - 5500 to 6000 + tax, 1 Day for the job
Sejal - 7500, 3 days for the job - to me seems expensive compared to places with better facilities like CarNation.

I had availed the services of Carnation in a previous case, and was impressed. Moreover Carnation needs the car for a day, while Sejal needs it for three. Maybe because CarNation has better paintbooth facilities

Yet to decide. Sejal is next door, so no logistical issues.

Last edited by laluks : 8th June 2012 at 07:09.
Old 8th June 2012, 07:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Moreover Carnation needs the car for a day, while Sejal needs it for three. Maybe because CarNation has better paintbooth facilities.
Even with paint booth facilities, I would prefer the place that takes sufficient time to complete the job, and not necessarily rush it. When Carnation says 1 day - is it morning on the day when you give it, to evening on next day ?

The tinkering process also needs time for the material to dry well after it is applied. For rush jobs, this is heated. And after that, the paint must also be allowed to dry sufficiently.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 09:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Even with paint booth facilities, I would prefer the place that takes sufficient time to complete the job, and not necessarily rush it. When Carnation says 1 day - is it morning on the day when you give it, to evening on next day ?

The tinkering process also needs time for the material to dry well after it is applied. For rush jobs, this is heated. And after that, the paint must also be allowed to dry sufficiently.
Yes, you are right. I agree it needs time.

Last edited by laluks : 8th June 2012 at 09:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks