Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 10:36   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Automotive Workshop : Sejal Motors (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Charges are more or less in line with M.A.S.S. for the 40K service and replacements I had taken for the Swift. For eg: Washing charges was Rs 300. That is almost same in authorised service centres and dealerships.

So I thought I'll check with Sejal and CarNation.
Carnation - 5500 to 6000 + tax, 1 Day for the job
Sejal - 7500, 3 days for the job - to me seems expensive compared to places with better facilities like CarNation.

I had availed the services of Carnation in a previous case, and was impressed.
If car wash charges are the main concern, that can be done at some other place, other than the garage. However, car washes around Sarjapur road charge between Rs 250 to 350 depending on the place. So, i guess this would be the norm everywhere.

As for Carnation, i would NEVER trust them. The very first time the ignition coil on my Ikon failed was after i had availed a free car wash from them. The smart chaps there blasted water into the engine bay for a car which was driven into their place some time earlier. By the time i saw this and repreimaded them, they had done the damage. The ignition coil failed a day later. I took the vehicle back to them asking them to source me the part. After assurances that they would get it for me, they stopped taking my calls repeatedly. I had enough of them, and found a spare parts shop from where i bought the part. My experience on Carnation has been documented in the respective thread on them.
Old 8th June 2012, 10:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If car wash charges are the main concern, that can be done at some other place, other than the garage. However, car washes around Sarjapur road charge between Rs 250 to 350 depending on the place. So, i guess this would be the norm everywhere.

As for Carnation, i would NEVER trust them. The very first time the ignition coil on my Ikon failed was after i had availed a free car wash from them. The smart chaps there blasted water into the engine bay for a car which was driven into their place some time earlier. By the time i saw this and repreimaded them, they had done the damage. The ignition coil failed a day later. I took the vehicle back to them asking them to source me the part. After assurances that they would get it for me, they stopped taking my calls repeatedly. I had enough of them, and found a spare parts shop from where i bought the part. My experience on Carnation has been documented in the respective thread on them.

Trust - Yes, that is a very strong thing. And I guess everybody has the first instances as the moments of truth at both places.

My intent is a comparison.

We both have put our opinions in that thread. Mine was equally bad for one, and pleasant surprise for the next. You have agreed then

Last edited by laluks : 8th June 2012 at 10:45.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 13:35   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Trust - Yes, that is a very strong thing. And I guess everybody has the first instances as the moments of truth at both places.

My intent is a comparison.

We both have put our opinions in that thread. Mine was equally bad for one, and pleasant surprise for the next. You have agreed then
LOL! True.
I have gotten my Ikon painted at Sejal twice earlier for small knicks and dents and was satisfied with their service. However, i had clubbed this along with a routine service so didnt have the car for about 3 days, IIRC.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 18:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I would want to share two of my pleasant experience with DV Suresh.

A friend of my brother in law had parked his vehicle in the office for a week and gone for a vacation, when he came back he was shocked to see the workmanship of rats inside the engine bay. The wires were chewed and the vehicle was cranking but not starting, remote lock not working. He had called up Trident and Sundaram for the repair, they had told him that vehicle needs to be towed and total expenses may be about Rs.14000. My brother in law called me to enquire about any mechanic who could fix the problem and I referred him to Suresh. He spoke to Suresh over the phone and Suresh told him that towing is not required and he will be able to start the vehicle in any case. He promptly came down to their office, started the vehicle and took it for reworking the wires. As usual he was very humble in his approach. He is a honest guy and does not give false assurance. I will update the thread after the vehicle comes back.
I had forgot to mention the vehicle make in the post, it was a Chevrolet BEAT petrol, he took the vehicle delivery yesterday and total cost including sunfilm removal and washing was Rs.2500 only. Major expense was for rewiring all eaten parts and fixing the remote lock wiring. He was very happy with the work done and vehicle is back to running condition. Thanks again to all who recommended this place.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 21:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yet to decide.
Got it done from Carnation yesterday. Good job, will put a review on that thread.

2 points - Considering the quotes from Sejal

1 ) Material and labour costed 20% less at Carnation, but taxes added another 14%

2 ) Found another place cost effective than even Carnation, near to Parappana Agrahara which is 45% cheaper. Apparently he is having the contract at Carnation, and his painters and tinkers at Carnation did a good job.
Old 5th August 2012, 14:40   #51
Team-BHP Support

Had a dent on my Fusion on the bonnet. (Got it while the car was parked!)
Thanks to a cycle guy who must have fallen on it and scrapped on the bonnet. This is only surmise as I saw the dent much later.

Gave the car to Sejal yesterday and got back today. He charged 3.2K for the paint job and dent repair. Took it promptly yesterday
and gave it back promptly today. Over all it was very satisfactory. The other thing is since the place is close to a ring road, dropping
the car and hopping on to a Ring road Vovlo bus was also very easy! So overall even accessibility to the place is nice.

PS : Thanks to Benny and Condor who suggested that place.

Last edited by ampere : 5th August 2012 at 15:05.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 20:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it done from Carnation yesterday. Good job, will put a review on that thread.

2 points - Considering the quotes from Sejal

1 ) Material and labour costed 20% less at Carnation, but taxes added another 14%

2 ) Found another place cost effective than even Carnation, near to Parappana Agrahara which is 45% cheaper. Apparently he is having the contract at Carnation, and his painters and tinkers at Carnation did a good job.
Can you post more details about this other guy.

Even I found Carnation's quote much lesser. For RH Fender and bonnet denting and painting got a quote of 6.5k from Carnation (bumper touch up included). Ford quoted 14k for the same job (they insisted on full bumper painting) and CARZ, Bellandur quoted 13.5k. I wanted more feedback on Carnation before getting the work done.
Old 18th October 2012, 22:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

I need to get my front fog light fixed and possibly some touch up job on the front bumper.. any idea how much would the cost be for this?
Old 6th November 2012, 12:20   #54
BHPian

One of my friends car its currently at sejal. The experience is detiorating from bad to worse. Will recount the experiences once the car is back.
Old 28th January 2013, 14:25   #55
BHPian

Took my NHC to Sejal Motors today. The exhaust/ silencer assembly had come lose thanks to the wonderful Bangalore roads and the GC of the car.

Had got it fixed a couple of times from Whitefield Honda during regular service but the problem would always return. In fact after the last service, the sound reappeared on the way back from the service centre! They wanted me to replace the entire assembly.

So I called Suresh in the morning and took the car to the workshop. One of his guys worked for about half an hour on the car and said it's fixed. I was pretty apprehensive, since Honda always takes at least a day, to even change the engine oil.

Suresh and I went for a test drive after that, and the car felt better than it had in months. The noise was completely gone and Suresh said if the noise recurs, he will take out the entire assembly and put it back into shape. No need for replacement.

Total cost: A mere 200 rupees, just the cost of a rubber bush which he replaced.

Would definitely go to him again.

Cheers
Vineet
vineetmanghani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 16:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
One of my friends car its currently at sejal. The experience is detiorating from bad to worse. Will recount the experiences once the car is back.
Can you please explain what happened?
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:36   #57
BHPian

Took my Santro for 40K service to Sejal after reading this thread.
Costs me 6K which includes radiator flush, engine oil, new front break pads, clutch wire and top ups with servicing.

Hyundai was quoting 8K wihtout any part replacement. Very satisfied. Will visit again.
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 12:49   #58
BHPian

Another ques, can I claim insurance for a body damage at Sejal? I hope insurance guys honor repair estimates at such workshops?
Old 16th February 2014, 21:13   #59
BHPian

This deserves a mention.

I had previously been to Sejal Motors mid-November for an ignition coil change and minor suspension work on my 1.3 Ikon Flair.

While returning from work this Friday, the engine starts sudden misfiring and I rightly suspect that the ignition coil had conked off again. Called up Mr. Suresh and drove down to his garage the next morning. He did a quick check and called for a new coil. This fixed the issue and he replaced it for me free of charge.

A big thumbs up for the fuss-free replacement, which would have been a nightmare to claim for at other garages.
amitwiz1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 15:49   #60
BHPian

I have dropped my SX4 at Sejal for routine servicing + couple of issues:

1. Vibration of the FFE in certain scenarios
2. My boot lid falls down on its own on inclines

I will get the car back tomorrow and will post my experience once I am done with the initial testing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks