Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 22:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Sai Iyengar Tyres (Indiranagar, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
+1
Overall good experience and I would recommend to anyone to get a decent deal for tyres.

Note: I stay in E-city and went all the way to Sai Iyengar's for tyre change based on the review feedback from this thread and it worked out well.
Great to know that feedback, thanks for sharing your experience

Saw your other post about pricing at Madhus being non-competitive, I have heard about that before, not sure why.

OT: BTW where in E-City - myself too :-)
Old 19th March 2011, 14:42   #32
BHPian

I got my tiger new shoes and upgraded them to 185. Looks and feels gr8. and also got a good deal as well. Happy now and I am sure my car is loving it too.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:19   #33
BHPian

Picked up new Allen Key nuts from this place the other day.

Unfortunately one of the nuts had gone missing and i had to pick up the entire set. He charged me Rs. 1800/- for set of 16 and claimed these to be of the highest quality. Now i know that these nuts are retailed for lesser price in other stores.

So did i get ripped off? or was i foolish enough to buy them? I tend not to ponder on this anymore, I may not revisit this place again in the future. Unless of course i've done my thorough homework
Old 10th July 2011, 01:35   #34
BHPian

Looking for tyre upgrade for Cruze. Is Sai Iyengar the right place? If I need wider tyres (OE is 205 x 55 R16) whats a good choice?
Old 10th July 2011, 03:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I do not have good experience with Sai Iyengar Domlur near to ESI hospital in my 2 visits.

They do not seem to value time of the customer , Despite my not so good experience with them in first visit . I thought of going to them just for Wheel Balancing and rotation leaving out alignment as they can not do it properly going by my first experience 1 year back
They are pretty busy at times especially on weekends. I have also deferred alignment/balancing work at times. On the other hand, Ashwin is pretty reasonable from my interactions, in my 5 or so visits since last 3 years, I was never passed up in the queue.
They do a proper wheel balancing job - my A.S.S. (ASC/India Garage) had completely goofed up (even though I complained and they tried twice).
I am pretty happy with their wheel alignment too, though I always cross-check the values with OEM spec. Heck, the new Lancer A.S.S. (SVR motors) had all wrong readings for the Indian Lancer , and were merrily aligning as per that. I stopped them, and got it done at Sai.

Moral of the story : Always, check the toe alignment values, and always ask for printout so you can confirm later (I have had ASC claim they did alignment when it wasn't spot on, so I learnt to always ask for printout).
I should mention that there was a time 18-24 months back when the floor of their alignment area had some levelling issues. At that time, the alignment was iffy (or even a misnomer). Ashwin himself told me that he is getting the floor relaid to fix this, and gave me a free alignment once it was done.
Quote:
This is not an isolated incidence I visited them for first time 1 year back for Wheel Rotation and balancing. At first the mechanic tried jacking up my safari by placing jack under rear differential to raise both the rear wheels up together. Just to save his 5 minutes of jacking effort it would have caused a cracked differential casing so I asked him to jack up 4 wheel individually by placing at proper jacking point. He was annoyed and argued a lot but I put my foot down.
I found this kind of an 'chalta hai'/corner cutting approach almost everywhere. Best to supervise yourself because the same can happen at A.S.S., private garage, tyre shop unfortunately :-( You did right to put your foot down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Picked up new Allen Key nuts from this place the other day.

Unfortunately one of the nuts had gone missing and i had to pick up the entire set. He charged me Rs. 1800/- for set of 16 and claimed these to be of the highest quality. Now i know that these nuts are retailed for lesser price in other stores.

So did i get ripped off? or was i foolish enough to buy them? I tend not to ponder on this anymore, I may not revisit this place again in the future. Unless of course i've done my thorough homework
Did he say these are imported high quality ones ? Earlier, he used to put 'cheapo' local stuff (free with new alloys) that rusted in 6 months -1 year and became a major hazard. I learnt the hard way, and reverted back to OEM wheel nuts. And I only recommend them, they last for ever, and cost 250-300 bucks. See this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1412222

Last edited by lancer_rit : 10th July 2011 at 03:56.
Old 11th November 2011, 21:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Have been a regular with Ashwin as i have been knowing him for many years now. Never has he pushed me up the order just because am one of his friends and neither any rebates. Bought my set of tires from him last year Michelin XM1+ 185/70R13. Prices offered were quite aggressive and did the wheel alignment/balancing & nitrogen fill up free of cost.
Since am a regular at his shop he does top up nitrogen as a Value Add. And yes we both share a common passion towards RD 350's.
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:41   #37
BHPian

I upgraded my Safari tyres to BFG here. The price quoted was good (but not as aggressive as other brands) He offered wheel balancing alignment and nitrogen filling free of cost.
Overall I am happy with the service offered and may go back there in the future
Old 9th April 2012, 18:10   #38
BHPian

I just came back from the Lalbagh Road branch. They are offering me a very good deal on Yoko A-Drives as well as buyback of my Beat's JK Vectras.

The only thing I am concerned about is the location, size & quality of the shop. Its on the main road and I didnt see an service bays. When I asked the guy (I forgot to ask his name) about where the tyre change/balancing etc happens, he simply said he will get it done, no worries!

Is it worth making a trip to the Indiranagar/Bannerghatta Road branch instead of this one or am I being overly apprehensive about the place since they are offering a 'too good to be true' deal!.

I need to go tomorrow to get my tyres changed as every extra km clocked on my Vectras is every rupee less in buyback.
Old 10th April 2012, 19:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

I need to go tomorrow to get my tyres changed as every extra km clocked on my Vectras is every rupee less in buyback.
Just to update for the benefit of others.

Upgraded my tyres from Sai Iyengar, Bannerghatta Road branch.
Overall good customer experience except for one hiccup where a wrong tyre had been fitted to my Beat and I had driven off for a few kms and also that I had to wait for the tyres being delivered from their warehouse.
Would recommend this place for its competitive prices.

I got Yoko A-Drives 175/65-R14 for 4k a pop. Buyback on my 2.8k used JK Vectras were 1950 a pop. Best Deal I could find in over 10 tyre shops. So overall impressed.

Last edited by superutp : 10th April 2012 at 19:39.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:22   #40
BHPian

They recently opened a branch on Sarjapur Road. Anyone has any feedback to share about this place?
Old 2nd August 2012, 17:58   #41
BHPian

Bought 4 yokohoma A drives yesterday (185 70 R13),4000 Apiece. Got 48/11 tires though, Little too old I guess.
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
They recently opened a branch on Sarjapur Road. Anyone has any feedback to share about this place?
Where exactly? This might be a treat for people located in the vicinity.
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Where exactly?
While coming from Sarjapur Junction towards Wipro office, its comes on the left side once we cross the Kaidkondrahalli junction. I cannot recollect the complex name, but this shop is in first floor. Can be located very easily.
samabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 16:11   #44
BHPian

Good experience at the shop on the sarjapur road . I replaced all 5 tyres of my OHC today . The workshop is big and boys did a good job . I got Yokos ES100 , 195/60/R14 for Rs 5250/- a tyre . Time taken 1.5 hrs for the whole job .
Old 13th November 2012, 08:43   #45
BHPian

Great experience here, saw another bhpian ride but the owner was not present. Charged 250 bucks for alignment, pretty decent folks.

Most Viewed