Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 21:27   #16
BHPian

I bought 2 195/65/R15 Yokohama A-Drive from him. Tyres were roughly 6 months old (Mfd: 1110). Did not bother as I thought it is within acceptable limits.

Tyre Cost : 4200 / Tyre. Total: 8200.
Wheel Alignment: INR 300
Balancing : 2 Tyres Free because I bought 2 tyres. For the other 2, Rs 160. Weights added 35 grams per tyre.
Old tyre: 35k run, worn out. Got back nothing. Reason Quoted: No one really buys old 195/65/R15 (Civic) worn out tyres and it is a waste.

I dont think there is a huge cost advantage, if at all any. I just got the vehicle, could not take her to high speeds to check the balancing. Still feels like the vehicle is pulling slightly, need to check the air pressure again in a shell pump. Issue could be because of the air pressure. I will post the quality of balancing after a long drive this week. On the positive side, I ordered the tyre over phone and as promised the tyres were ready when I went. At the end of the day, if the quality of alignment and balancing are good, I won't mind giving repeat business.
Old 16th October 2010, 22:32   #17
BHPian

I bought 4 nos. of 225/55/R16 Continental CPC2 from Indiranagar branch in June. Price quoted was Rs.8200 per tyre which was lower than all other quotes that I got. Wheel alignment was done free of charge.

Time taken about 30-40 mins as they don't have much space and can accommodate a max of 2 cars at a time.

Overall experience was good. I would recommend this place.
Old 23rd October 2010, 22:10   #18
BHPian

Went to him for rotation, balancing, and alignment today. Paid 750 totally. I think the guy who does the alignment does a decent job, but the other mechanics dont seem like they know what they're doing. On the plus side, my work was done pretty quickly.
Old 24th October 2010, 14:53   #19
BHPian

Just discovered today morning that they've forgotten to put the spare back in the boot. :( Plain lucky that I didnt discover it when I had a puncture. Found the place shut ( sunday) so called up the guy. He's going to have it sent to me by 11 am tomorrow - so today I'm just going to live without a spare.
Old 30th October 2010, 23:23   #20
BHPian

HI Members,
I am getting stock JK tyres changed for my swift vdi (abs) from them in next few days. They are out of stock for them. Ashwin said he shall give 1650 for stock JK tyres and 4000 for Michealns XM1+ 185/70/r14. So in all I have to pay 11750 for set of 5. Is that a good deal? I did not ask any other dealers as of now.

Last edited by Anandg : 30th October 2010 at 23:25.
Old 7th November 2010, 17:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
I am getting stock JK tyres changed for my swift vdi (abs) from them in next few days. They are out of stock for them. Ashwin said he shall give 1650 for stock JK tyres and 4000 for Michealns XM1+ 185/70/r14.
I went to him day before with a similar requirement for my Ritz (waiting delivery) and he quoted almost the same (a little more infact). Didn't bargain yet. Anyway finally I made up my mind for Yokohama A1; for 5 tyres he is asking almost 10000/- as trade-in (stock should be given back to him by 150km). Asked Maruti dealer too, they can provide ZXi stock tyres at a difference of 6000/- but I wouldn't probably prefer JK.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:31   #22
BHPian

Yesterday i bought 4 bridgestone tubeless tyre and while they were fitting the tyre they damaged sidewall of one tyre, i saw that and shouted at them to change it and but they were unable to provide bridgestone(there is no stock) but changed to Apollo on Front side and two bridgestone in rear side.
Today i noticed flat rear tyre and took this to another tyre shop where they found damaged side wall on this tyre also. Iyengar was closed today hence i went to some other tyre shop to fill air.

This incident shows that Iyengar(domlur) cheated me by putting damaged tyre, don't they realize they are compromising on customers safety by selling damaged tyre?

I was not dealing with Ashwin, the other guy said he is Aswin's brother.

I will be going to Iyengar tomorrow again and see if they replace the tyre.

Folks, make sure you watch them carefully when they fit tyre, they may install damaged tyre also.

it is highly difficult to find a Genuine people anywhere nowadays whereever we buy any items, I will make sure i inform as many guys not to visit this place for replacing tyre.

--MK
Old 10th November 2010, 19:39   #23
BHPian

Update -
I met Ashwin today at Iyengar(Domlur) and explained what has happened, he just returned back to shop after his recovery from sickness, i showed two bridgestone tyres and immediately he said he will replace to Apollo, now all 4 tyres are New Apollo.

Though i am not happy with this incident i now trust Ashwin.

Lessens Learned:
1. Never do business with unknown person.
2. Stay close to the place where the repairs are done (whereever possible)
3. Dont compromise on anything because we are paying money and it is not coming free of cost.

-MK
Old 12th November 2010, 12:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

I do not have good experience with Sai Iyengar Domlur near to ESI hospital in my 2 visits.

They do not seem to value time of the customer , Despite my not so good experience with them in first visit . I thought of going to them just for Wheel Balancing and rotation leaving out alignment as they can not do it properly going by my first experience 1 year back

I reached at thier shop and they had 2 vehicles and asked me to park on other side of road and wait . I waited patiently for more then an hour and just then a Swift drove in to replace all 4 tyres.

The owner promptly took in swift ignoring me totally on my protests he simply said yours is a small job where as I am selling tyres to this guy .

This is despite the fact that I had returned two times from his shop earlier seeing the time estimate and this time I have clearly asked if he will do the job after the 2 vehicles in the queue or not.

This is not an isolated incidence I visited them for first time 1 year back for Wheel Rotation and balancing. At first the mechanic tried jacking up my safari by placing jack under rear differential to raise both the rear wheels up together. Just to save his 5 minutes of jacking effort it would have caused a cracked differential casing so I asked him to jack up 4 wheel individually by placing at proper jacking point. He was annoyed and argued a lot but I put my foot down.

After balancing and rotation the owner insisted that Wheel alignment is a must and somehow I took the bait. In their alignment machine they have values for old TCIC Safari and Sumo and they adjusted toe value as per that ( -30'' to +30'') despite my protest.

Next day I observed that vehicle is pulling to a side and went to T.A.S.S.
The WA machine at T.A.S.S only supports OEM RIM and since I have aftermarket alloys they replaced all 4 wheels with OEM RIM and did alignment correction that too under warranty.

So I think instead of wasting time at Sai Iyenger it is better to drive another 10-15 KM and go to J.C Road area.
Old 12th November 2010, 13:59   #25
BHPian

HI All,
Is there an alternate vendor than Sai Iyenger for Michealns XM1+ 185/70/r14? Ashwin said he shall give 1650 for stock JK tyres and 4000 but he does not have them in stock for another 1 week and my car is coming tomorrow. I do not want to clock more kms on rubberbands and get them changed at a better price.
Please let me know any good vendor who can give me a better or same deal and does a good job of fixing the tyres as well.
Old 13th November 2010, 00:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Anandg, you can goto Madhus Enterprises, near Richmond Circle, Langford road.

Last edited by finneyp : 13th November 2010 at 00:15.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:00   #27
BHPian

Thanks finneyp,
Do you have his contact number?
Old 15th November 2010, 23:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Do you have his contact number?
Madhus: 41519430/50
You can PM Bhpian: Nikhilb2008, he is the proprietor of Madhus.
Old 28th January 2011, 13:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sai Iyengar Tyres (Indiranagar, Bangalore)

Have purchased 5 Yokohama A-Drives 155/65*13 from Ashwin. The prices were very competitive and this include Wheel alignment,Balancing and Nitrogen absolutely free.
Very knowledgeable and customer centric. Great job.
Old 1st March 2011, 20:43   #30
BHPian

Re: Sai Iyengar Tyres (Indiranagar, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Have purchased 5 Yokohama A-Drives 155/65*13 from Ashwin. The prices were very competitive and this include Wheel alignment,Balancing and Nitrogen absolutely free.
Very knowledgeable and customer centric. Great job.
+1
I agree. The prices are really competitive. Ashwin suggests based on customer requirements and doesn't actually try to push costly tyres.

Today spoke to hime for tyre changes of my SX4 after 43k and based on his suggestion, I got 5 JK Vectras for 5300 per piece. The work was also done fast and I just had to wait for 15 minutes for 1 tyre which had to come from some other place.

Overall good experience and I would recommend to anyone to get a decent deal for tyres.

Note: I stay in E-city and went all the way to Sai Iyengar's for tyre change based on the review feedback from this thread and it worked out well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks