Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 21:31   #136
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Hey everyone. I got the seat covers for my Verna done at Imperial Leathers.
Nice seat covers there and fit and finish is great. Just a query, did he stitch the leather on top of the existing fabric cover or was the fabric ripped apart and stitching was done on the foam?
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 08:16   #137
BHPian

Hello,

From what I understood, he mentioned that if you go for Pure Leather covers, they will remove your factory fit covers (fabric) and then stitch on the leather ones. However, in case of Art leather, PU leather or Nappa leather, they would stitch right on top of your existing covers. Which basically means, your original covers are rendered useless cause they will have stitching holes in them.

You can ask them to remove the original covers before stitching new ones on in case you are not going for pure leather. I think they would probably agree to it.
Old 11th October 2015, 14:16   #138
BHPian

My friend has got his Toyota Etios seats done yesterday. He is totally satisfied with the work. Sharing a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20151010wa0001.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20151010wa0002.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20151010wa0003.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20151010wa0004.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20151010wa0005.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20151010wa0006.jpg  

JohnyRider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 07:30   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyRider View Post
My friend has got his Toyota Etios seats done yesterday. He is totally satisfied with the work. Sharing a few pictures.
Johny, the etios looks a very professional job. In fact, i am also looking at options to replace the fabric seats on my etios. A few queries -

1) Does imperial have a range specific to the toyota etios, or is it custom made?
2) Is there a difference in seating comfort with the new seat covers vis-a-vis the older fabric ones?
3) any specific procedure to be followed for cleaning, or any specific cleaning materials to be used?
4) How much was charged for the setup for your friend? By the looks, it seems like art leather was used. Do you know the rate for full leather seats for the etios?

Regards,

Last edited by sidharth_j : 12th October 2015 at 07:30. Reason: grammar
Old 12th October 2015, 18:52   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j View Post
Johny, the etios looks a very professional job. In fact, i am also looking at options to replace the fabric seats on my etios. A few queries -

1) Does imperial have a range specific to the toyota etios, or is it custom made?
2) Is there a difference in seating comfort with the new seat covers vis-a-vis the older fabric ones?
3) any specific procedure to be followed for cleaning, or any specific cleaning materials to be used?
4) How much was charged for the setup for your friend? By the looks, it seems like art leather was used. Do you know the rate for full leather seats for the etios?

Regards,
1) They have a range specific to Toyota Etios, no measurement required. In addition, they have pictures of the previous works done.
2) Checked with my friend –he feels better comfort with new skins.
3) Use a folded MF towel to scrub the dirt after spraying with Optimum Power Clean product and then use a second water dampened MF towel to wipe and dry it.
4) Yes, this is art leather. Total 7500 was quoted when we inquired over phone, later reduced to 7200 when we mention Teambhp, finally paid 7000 including neck rest and cover for the hand rest. We didn’t check rate for full leather seats, you may contact Shivakumar@9448685679 (Imperial Inc) for the same.
Old 13th October 2015, 00:27   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Answering based on my excellent experience with Imperial for my Punto's seats and my friends Brio (pictures earlier in the thread)
Quote:
They dont have a range per se. They will show you what designs they have done for different cars and you can choose to go with one of them or you can pick a design / colour combination of your own.
Quote:
Slight improvement in my case based on the padding design for the seats.
Quote:
A wet cloth and mild soap solution should suffice.
Old 9th December 2015, 12:20   #142
BHPian

Fitted seat covers for my Terrano in Slink Leather from SP Sports, Vijaya Bank Colony, Bangalore. It has been 6 months now, no issues till-date.

Mr.Shivu is very flexible and goes all out to make his customers happy. I selected beige Slink Leather with perforations at bottom and back for some breathing and cooling effect. I didn’t want pure leather, Slink leather is closest to the pure leather. Shivu and team are true professionals, it took almost half day to fix the seat covers. He put the same leather for all the door pads, it’s a real pain to remove door pads carefully and fix it back without any damage, its time consuming, normally many try to avoid this work. He even put the same leather on my armrest as well for free. I liked the fit and finish, it really looks royal, perforations help in summer days. Bargain price Rs.13500.

I got my Steering Cover done by Devaraj (from JC Road, Bangalore) 6 months ago. Till now there is no hardening of leather, no peel offs, looks very fresh.

Pictures of steering and seat covers in my Terrano Ownership Review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3852643
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:18   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Fitted seat covers for my Terrano in Slink Leather from SP Sports, Vijaya Bank Colony, Bangalore. It has been 6 months now, no issues till-date.
I visited both Imperial and SP Sports yesterday. Shivu did mention about your terrano and asked me to check it on TBHP. I am particularly interested in the work done on the door pad since not many are keen to do it. How is it holding up after 6 months?

I got a very reasonable quote from him and have almost decided to go with him for the seat covers and door pads.

Regards
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:50   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I visited both Imperial and SP Sports yesterday. Shivu did mention about your terrano and asked me to check it on TBHP. I am particularly interested in the work done on the door pad since not many are keen to do it. How is it holding up after 6 months?

I got a very reasonable quote from him and have almost decided to go with him for the seat covers and door pads.

Regards
Care should be taken only while fitting, it would be intact over the years as it just stays on the doors. Yes, not many would be keen to do it since it is a bit complex, time consuming and could result in damaging the plastic parts.

Normally everyone offer steering cover free with seat covers, I insisted on door pads since I already had steering cover.

You have to be patient and watchful while they remove existing door pads.
Spilling the glue on the plastic part of the door looks very dirty, should be cleaned immediately.

It brings great looks with uniform interior color and dirt can be wiped with wet cloth making maintenance easy.
Old 3rd March 2016, 14:19   #145
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought an used car and there is a small tear on the driver seat on the back rest. I want to get the tear repaired either with a patch or stitching. I don't intend to replace the cover as all seats are perfectly fine.

Can someone help me with someone who will be able to do the repair.
Old 9th July 2016, 14:58   #146
BHPian

I had art leather (luster) seat covers & pure leather steering cover done on my Beat at Imperial in January 2014. I have attached the latest pics of the covers. They're still in pretty good shape.

If I remember correctly I was charged Rs. 7000/- for the seat & steering covers. Had to make an initial payment to place the order & had to wait for about 10 days as there was a lot of demand & that was the earliest slot he could give me!

Shivakumar is a great guy & I can certainly vouch for their workmanship!

Hope this helps anyone who wants to know how their products hold up a few years down the line.

Seat Covers:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-seatcovers.jpg

Steering Cover:
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-steeringcover.jpg
red.devil_19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:57   #147
BHPian

After reading the reviews here, I got seat covers for my Baleno done from Imperial Leathers. I am fully satisfied about the workmanship, quality, fit and finish.

Opted for Art Nappa Leather. There was a waiting period of 15days from the date of order. For ordering, you don't need to take the car(they generally have measurements for all types of cars). The whole process took about 2hours.

Few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20160810_122059.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20160810_122023.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20160810_122154.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20160810_122226.jpg  

maverickmano is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

@maverickmano - How much you paid for your seat cover?
Old 6th October 2016, 16:50   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@maverickmano - How much you paid for your seat cover?
I paid exactly Rs 10K.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 16:55   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I paid exactly Rs 10K.
Thanks!

We enquired over phone about Napa art leather for Skoda Rapid. He quoted 11.5 K, I do not know why it is 1.5K more than Baleno.

Most Viewed