Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 19:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks!

We enquired over phone about Napa art leather for Skoda Rapid. He quoted 11.5 K, I do not know why it is 1.5K more than Baleno.
Is it due to the amount of material needed for the Skoda as compared to the Baleno. I am not very sure on this but 3M outlets works this way for the Nomad mats where the pricing is different for different cars.
Old 11th October 2016, 21:23   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks!

We enquired over phone about Napa art leather for Skoda Rapid. He quoted 11.5 K, I do not know why it is 1.5K more than Baleno.
I guess, the work for a sedan would be more compared to a hatch. For example sedan would have rear arm rests which would lead to more material and labor consumption.

Should it cost 1.5K more? I don't have an answer.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 17:16   #153
BHPian

Visited them yesterday, but the shop was closed. Tried calling Shivkumar's phone but it was out of coverage area. I guess it was not the day for my car to get dressed.
Old 12th October 2016, 17:38   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Visited them yesterday, but the shop was closed. Tried calling Shivkumar's phone but it was out of coverage area. I guess it was not the day for my car to get dressed.
He's on Dussera vacation I think hence no coverage on his phone also.

Wait for him to return over the weekend I guess.
Old 12th October 2016, 22:14   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
He's on Dussera vacation I think hence no coverage on his phone also.

Wait for him to return over the weekend I guess.
Yeah, I enquired from the nearby provisional store. No problem at all, everyone deserve a break and holidays.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:55   #156
Senior - BHPian

I would like to get seat covers for my TUV3OO. Would they be able to add little lumbar and under-thigh support for the second row seat?
Old 15th October 2016, 10:26   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I would like to get seat covers for my TUV3OO. Would they be able to add little lumbar and under-thigh support for the second row seat?
you will need to convince shivkumar to do the same as his philosophy is to keep it as close to original as possible. I got my seat covers done at Imperial and they did a great job. Details here
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 20:10   #158
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking to go in for the PU or Luster Seat Covers. My car currently has Fabric on it. Before I jump in on this option I am looking for feedback from others who have gone down this path to share info on how much heat does this PU Leather generate? Does it make a huge difference as compared to Fabric?

Apart from the options in materials that Imperial has, does it make sense to look at any other type of artificial leather if one is concerned about the heat generated? Please advise.
Old 29th December 2016, 21:16   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am thinking to go in for the PU or Luster Seat Covers. My car currently has Fabric on it. Before I jump in on this option I am looking for feedback from others who have gone down this path to share info on how much heat does this PU Leather generate? Does it make a huge difference as compared to Fabric?

Apart from the options in materials that Imperial has, does it make sense to look at any other type of artificial leather if one is concerned about the heat generated? Please advise.

PU / Art Leather heats up the most and Fabric heats the least.
There is no significant difference in heating between various Art Leather materials/ brands. They all heat up pretty badly in our hot weather conditions.
Alcantara & Genuine Leather falls somewhere in between Fabric and Art Leather.
If cool seats are your priority then nothing beats Fabric seat covers.

Below is the descending order wrt coolness of seat covers (what I have gathered from our forum)

Fabric > Alcantara > Genuine Leather > Art/PU Leather
Old 1st August 2017, 20:17   #160
BHPian

Visited them last week. Must say that Mr. Shiva knows about his job. There are basically 5 kind of material on offer i.e. Art Leather, PU, Nappa, Montana and Real leather.

I wanted something in Beige with mix of perforation at contact areas. He informed that perforation can be achieved only in real leather which is out of my budget. Mixing of two different material is not possible as beige of real leather does not match with any other material, it can be done in black color though. Kind of disappointed with not being able to get what I desired for.

Otherwise, so one linea getting dressed up in Nappa. It looked awesome.
Old 1st August 2017, 22:39   #161
BHPian

I got the seats on my 10 year old Swift done at Imperial last December and can vouch for the quality of work done by Mr. Shivakumar and his team. He's very skilled with a needle and stitched the steering cover himself.
The seats were done in art leather and they took the trouble to make sure that there was extra foam in the areas that needed them. Although my stock seat covers were not torn, the foam under them was in bad shape and the seat frame had cut through in some areas.
Old 13th August 2017, 12:58   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Visited them last week. Must say that Mr. Shiva knows about his job. There are basically 5 kind of material on offer i.e. Art Leather, PU, Nappa, Montana and Real leather.

I wanted something in Beige with mix of perforation at contact areas. He informed that perforation can be achieved only in real leather which is out of my budget. Mixing of two different material is not possible as beige of real leather does not match with any other material, it can be done in black color though. Kind of disappointed with not being able to get what I desired for.

Otherwise, so one linea getting dressed up in Nappa. It looked awesome.
Finally seat covers done. Got it done from Trend as suggested in other thread. Link for someone who is looking for same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post4251050
Old 18th September 2017, 17:36   #163
BHPian

My Scorpio was also done by imperial leathers .i am highly satisfied by there work . The team is patient , never over commit and make sure they live up to expectations .Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736194.920996.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736229.335017.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736252.462598.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736273.713714.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736296.929329.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736329.754373.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736355.011931.jpgSeat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505736385.743205.jpg
Old 19th September 2017, 13:15   #164
BHPian

I did my seat work at Imperial 3 weeks back. Very satisfied with their quality ! I opted for Montana art leather, for my Honda City 2017. Including door insets, I got it done for 16K. It took only 2 hours, their process is very optimized. I will post some photos later, once I transfer them from my mobile to the laptop.
Old 7th November 2017, 17:57   #165
BHPian

During the last week of October I was looking to get seat covers done for my Ertiga. While discussing the same with BHPian Parag he mentioned to check out Imperial Leathers. I had gone through this thread as well and visited the shop on Oct28 to evaluate the options.

Mr. Shiva is very knowledgeable and patient when it comes to explaining the various options - PU, Nappa and Montana - along with the designs.

After a good 1/2 hour we decided to go with Montana in Tan colour for the seat covers. Though he committed to fix the seat covers on Nov02 we opted to get them done on Nov04 (it being a Saturday).

On 04Nov we reached his shop sharp at 9 AM and his team arrived and started the work promptly. Mr. Shiva himself arrived and joined his team.

First all the seats were removed from the car.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_090723.jpg

They were taken to his workshop right opposite to his shop.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_093128.jpg

His team working on the seats. The team is very organized and efficient while removing the OEM seat covers.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_093131.jpg

Mr. Shiva himself working on one of the seats.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_101851.jpg

Over 1.5 hours were taken to attach the new seat covers.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_112923.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_113952.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_112238.jpg

While working on the seats we also were shown the options for the leather steering wheel covers. After some deliberation I went with Black color and was satisfied with the work done on the steering wheel cover as well.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_104151.jpg

Steering wheel work in progress.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_110003.jpg

Completed steering wheel cover.

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_124612.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_20171104_124555.jpg

Overall I was really impressed with Mr. Shiva's involvement and dedication while working on the seat covers.

The whole installation took about 2.5 hours and while we were leaving the next car came for installation and Mr. Shiva and his team went on with the same zeal. I strongly recommend Imperial Leathers for their excellent work.

Last edited by alokgunhal : 7th November 2017 at 17:59.
alokgunhal is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed