Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 18th September 2021, 10:27   #211
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

I am on my way to Imperial for leather seat covers for my i20 Asta (O) as it came with fabric seats.
It has airbags in front seats also, I am planning to get leather cover on bottom part of seats only.
In rear seats also, I am planning to get bottom part only.
Purely because fabric seats get dirty fast and not easy to clean.
Is it ok or should I be concerned of airbags functioning?

Edit: Just discussed with Shiva, he suggested to remove the fabric and go for complete leather. He assured that airbags functioning won’t be impacted as he has done lots of cars like this.

Last edited by Nicky : 18th September 2021 at 10:34.
Old 18th September 2021, 18:49   #212
BHPian

Hey,

The Imperial Leathers is asking me if I should remove the existing fabric and then get the cover installed.

They will return the fabric and I can attach it back if required. Is this a good idea? Will this protect the foam underneath from water and all?
Old 21st September 2021, 09:38   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Hey,

The Imperial Leathers is asking me if I should remove the existing fabric and then get the cover installed.

They will return the fabric and I can attach it back if required. Is this a good idea? Will this protect the foam underneath from water and all?
Hi, it's an acceptable practice to remove the fabric seat cover, before adding art leather seat covers, so that we get a good fit. Since the material used it artificial leather, it should not allow water to soil the foam
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:58   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Hey,

That is the standard mode of getting a tight and snug fit of the leather covers over the original seats. The old practice of "slip on seat covers" placed directly over existing seats will not give you the custom made look that most of us appreciate and want. It is only if you remove the top fabric layer that the leather cover is able to fit on tightly over the seats.

In my case, he did give me back the fabric layer of my Honda City, but I did not take it since there was no use that I could perceive for it.

The seat covers installed by Imperial have held up very well over 2.5 years now. The leather has aged well and there are no discernible defects or damage of any kind. Money well spent for good craftsmanship, in my view.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed