Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 08:27   #106
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Well, finally took the plunge and got new seat covers for my Lancer :-) The old PVC cover for the driver's seat had got torn/stitch came off after 10+ years, and I thought to finally get new covers that was on and off for 2+ years.

Went for PU option from Imperial, with genuine leather for steering and gear knob. Imperial did a fabulous job, and also accomodated my requests / suggestions (like using nets for back pocket, and then using net from my old covers which were better built and sturdier than the stuff Shiv had available).

Let the pictures show the end result :-)

Only small thing is that I forgot to ask for a little bit of under-thigh additional support on the low slung rear seats ...
Looks decent. I dont like thee way they are doing steering wrap. the joints are not done well always. May be due to the risk of opening horn pad. How much is the cost?
Old 25th August 2014, 08:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Looks decent. I dont like thee way they are doing steering wrap. the joints are not done well always. May be due to the risk of opening horn pad. How much is the cost?
Thanks. I kept the contact areas of lighter color to reduce heat in summers without sunfilm. Having checked out a lot of vendors in past years, I liked the end result a lot. Pricing is similar to already posted on this thread.
The steering cover picture is probably not the best shot (phone camera) as well the angle. The fit seems very good to me and the grip is so much nicer.
I couldnt figure out what has removing horn pad got to do with stitching the steering cover?
Old 25th August 2014, 09:52   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Thanks. I kept the contact areas of lighter color to reduce heat in summers without sunfilm. Having checked out a lot of vendors in past years, I liked the end result a lot. Pricing is similar to already posted on this thread.
The steering cover picture is probably not the best shot (phone camera) as well the angle. The fit seems very good to me and the grip is so much nicer.
I couldnt figure out what has removing horn pad got to do with stitching the steering cover?
I have highlighted them below. Some of the branded companies and few local people do it perfectly as in factory finish. Attached another pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-front_seats2.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-2012suzukiswiftsport3.jpg  

Old 25th August 2014, 14:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

ah, I see. Would be better if the spokes are covered ... That part is difficult to wrap around due to shapes of the steering spokes. Taking the hornpad off is not the issue there, though - atleast not for my car.
Old 13th December 2014, 10:58   #110
BHPian

After seeing many wonderful reviews of the place, i went yesterday to Imperial Leathers to get a genuine leather wrap for my steering wheel. I chose the black leather with red stitches and if I might say so, they look pretty good. The workmanship was excellent and Madhu did a fantastic job with the stitching.. I was charged 800 rupees for the wrap including labor..

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1418448443.627420.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1418448473.349023.jpg

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1418448512.982380.jpg
satan's_valet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 11:12   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
After seeing many wonderful reviews of the place, i went yesterday to Imperial Leathers to get a genuine leather wrap for my steering wheel. I chose the black leather with red stitches and if I might say so, they look pretty good. The workmanship was excellent and Madhu did a fantastic job with the stitching.. I was charged 800 rupees for the wrap including labor..

Attachment 1318016

Attachment 1318017

Attachment 1318018
That's the same combo that I got for my Figo last year. Black with red stitching. Did you see my photos earlier on this thread.

Really good stuff. The Figo's already meaty steering feels really good with the steering wrap.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 11:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That's the same combo that I got for my Figo last year. Black with red stitching. Did you see my photos earlier on this thread.

Really good stuff. The Figo's already meaty steering feels really good with the steering wrap.

Yep. I kinda got the idea from your figo..

The steering feels so good to hold now. I can't wait to go on a long drive to get a better feel..
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 20:59   #113
BHPian

I needed to change my car upholstery.
Based on the reviews here, I went to Imperial Leathers last Saturday.
Opted for 'Lustre' leather in beige.
Was told that it would be ready on the 26th and was given an appointment for 10 AM.
He also mentioned that they would need 2 hours to fit the upholstery.

True to his word, Shivkumar called me on 25th to confirm that they were ready and looked forward to seeing me at his shop at 10 AM on 26th.

I was held up and could only make it there by 11 AM. Shivkumar willingly obliged (please note that he likes to plan his day as the fitting for each car takes 2 hours).
His team was quick to go about the job. No idle chatter, just pleasant smiles and quickly pulled the seats out.

They then went about getting rid of the old covers and fit the new upholstery.
I was done by 1 PM.

1) Clearly explains the options. Does not rush you.
2) Willing to accommodate your requests (I asked for the steering wheel to be covered in black leather with red stitching. Yes, took a cue from the picture in the above posts. then changed my mind).
3) Was bang on target with his timelines.
4) Courtesy/reminder call was a big + in my books.
5) Team is efficient and go about their work with little fuss.
6) He has no problems with us hanging around on the shop floor.
7) Lustre option comes with 2 year warranty.

Dislikes:
None specifically.

Please note that he prefers his payments in cash.
There are ATMs' about 0.5 KM from his shop.

Now for some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20141227wa0006.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20141227wa0007.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img20141227wa0012.jpg  

Last edited by rakirank : 27th December 2014 at 21:14.
rakirank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 17:52   #114
BHPian

And here goes my review of Imperial Leathers. I opted for Luster Leather for all seats and 4 neck pillows. I intentionally gave steering cover a miss at Imperial Leather as i wanted Devraj's handiwork.

Pic of the Steering Cover is post my Visit to Devraj at JC Road and is of Pure Leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_2879.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_2882.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_2883.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-img_2886.jpg  

Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)-20150103_181005.jpg  

soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 21:26   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Pic of the Steering Cover is post my Visit to Devraj at JC Road and is of Pure Leather.
Congratulations on the seat covers and steering grip. The final outcome is
very good. The steering grip has a OEM look.

How did he tuck the leather under the horn pads? Did he have to remove
the pad? Is the movement of the horn pad impacted?

The reason I ask this is because my Duster has airbags. I was wondering
if such a finish is possible for my steering.
Old 6th January 2015, 08:26   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Congratulations on the seat covers and steering grip. The final outcome is
very good. The steering grip has a OEM look.

Hi, He won't do leather covering for hornpad if it's with Airbag. I had taken my Mobilio to him and he did leather cover for steering only as hornpad came with airbag.
Old 6th January 2015, 11:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:

My 110 RXL is also with Airbags, he has trimmed the leather and pushed the remaining bits using a small screwdriver under the Horn pad as Horn Pad cannot be removed for Air Bag based variant. Also there is not impact on Horn pad movement.

Actually the method that he applies is using a Glue at some specific areas on the steering wheel in order to have a proper fitting with the leather cover.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 11:53   #118
BHPian

Quote:
My 110 RXL is also with Airbags, he has trimmed the leather and pushed the remaining bits using a small screwdriver under the Horn pad as Horn Pad cannot be removed for Air Bag based variant. Also there is not impact on Horn pad movement.

Actually the method that he applies is using a Glue at some specific areas on the steering wheel in order to have a proper fitting with the leather cover.
Thanks for the info.
Now that I have found the right technician, I plan to get the steering grip added soon.

Do I need to ask for specific type of leather? What leather have you used?
Old 6th January 2015, 12:04   #119
BHPian

Quote:

Do I need to ask for specific type of leather? What leather have you used?
Actually i mentioned that i need Black Leather and stitching also has to be in Black. And while i parked my vehicle in Corporation Parking, he walked in with the black steering cover which was ready to be mounted on the steering wheel. I asked are there any varieties to which he said that they use only 1 type of leather for steering wheels.

The entire operation takes around 45 mins of time but its better to take appointment and go to avoid time wastage.

Hope you have noted that this steering cover is done from Devraj and not from Imperial Leathers. If you need contact let me know.

Last edited by soumobakshi : 6th January 2015 at 12:06.
Old 6th January 2015, 12:37   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i mentioned that i need Black Leather and stitching also has to be in Black. And while i parked my vehicle in Corporation Parking, he walked in with the black steering cover which was ready to be mounted on the steering wheel. I asked are there any varieties to which he said that they use only 1 type of leather for steering wheels.

The entire operation takes around 45 mins of time but its better to take appointment and go to avoid time wastage.

Hope you have noted that this steering cover is done from Devraj and not from Imperial Leathers. If you need contact let me know.
The steering leather looks very neat and well tucked in. I thought even Imperial guys can do something similar to this kinda job.

Any specific reasons to visit Devraj?

Also what was the cost of the steering cover?

Most Viewed