Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 07:44   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I got my Kushaq fabric seat covers changed at Imperial Leathers. The Kushaq seats are very comfortable and fabric seats are good too, but they were not looking classy and since its a compact SUV, the grey color of the fabric seat was making the car seem smaller than it was!
The work looks great but I am curious about some of pictures. The first and the last few seem to be the interiors of a sedan (Rapid?) and not a crossover Kushaq. Anyway, the seats look beautifully done.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th February 2024 at 07:45.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 12:47   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I got my Kushaq fabric seat covers changed at Imperial Leathers. Attaching a few pictures for reference
Thanks for sharing. I presume your car has seat air bags. How was the installation managed and any concerns on deployment of airbags?
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:13   #243
BHPian

My Kushaq car does not have seat air bags, but Imperial Leathers can make seat covers for cars that have ventilated seats or seat air bags as I know. Please check with the Imperial Leathers directly.

On a personal note, my other car has ventilated seats and I will not be changing the seat covers for those as I do not want to tamper with warranty, etc! Hope this helps.
Old 27th March 2024, 15:04   #244
Senior - BHPian

I got in touch with Shiva for the seat cover for my 5th gen Honda City. He says he can make airbag compatible seat covers, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm? How he does it?
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:17   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I got in touch with Shiva for the seat cover for my 5th gen Honda City. He says he can make airbag compatible seat covers, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm? How he does it?
From what I remember, he offers two options:
1. Open slot in the seat cover sides for the airbag. This also shows the underneath seat cover fabric. This looks hideous but is the most effective and safe IMHO.
2. Single/ loose stitching in the seat cover sides similar to the OEMs. This is supposed to break open during the seat airbag deployment.

When I met him a year back, he was confident of the seat cover not causing any airbag malfunction and that he has installed this in many cars and has not faced any issues. You can perhaps check with him on how it works.

I am still on the fence and do have this concern as well, hence have still not gone for the seat covers for my car.

Last edited by hrman : 3rd April 2024 at 11:18.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks