Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 10:44   #1

V-Kool Sunfilm Bangalore

I had accompanied a friend of mine to V-kool outlet in bangalore, it is located on richmond road, meet the regional manager mr jayathirth who was very helpful , helped us to decide the right film, they have done a very good job on the car very professional i must say.

Mr Jayathirth's contact number is 9742766997.

hope it will benefit fellow members.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2010 at 09:33. Reason: STRICTLY no "specials" for Team-BHP members please
Old 28th August 2010, 18:12   #2

did anyone avail this offer?
Old 28th August 2010, 20:18   #3
BANNED

In Richmond Road !! Can you provide the nearby landmark and complete address please.

I have found one V-kool shop in Lalbagh Road
Old 28th August 2010, 20:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
In Richmond Road !! Can you provide the nearby landmark and complete address please.

Near the Mosque. i used them to put a film on the windscreen in April. He gave a good discount

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2010 at 09:34. Reason: Removed Team-BHP "specials" comment from the opening post
Old 31st August 2010, 22:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

The Richmond Road one is a company outlet. This comes within 50 meters from the Vellara Junction on your left towards the flyover. I got the front windshield film of my car done at this outlet in April'10. Got a nice discount and they did a very good job. Highly recommended.

-Pratim
Old 1st March 2012, 21:51   #6
BHPian

Re: Sunfilm - V-KOOL (Rajendra Place, Delhi)

Just got my Innova windshield & Front windows tinted with V-Kool V70 at the service center while I had left it for service, so I am not sure how long they took to install since the car was worked upon as soon as the regular service got done, It was at Ravindu Toyota in Bangalore, total three glasses cost Rs. 13,500/- looks clear, few scratches due to squeegeeing. don't have the faintest idea how to tell its original though, bill from the authorized service center is the only comfort for now. haven't yet checked the heat reduction property to its full potential in sun. will keep posted.
Old 15th April 2019, 16:49   #7
BHPian

Re: V-Kool Sunfilm Bangalore

Planning to go for sunfilms for my Hexa and was told Vkool is a good option to go for. Is there any outlet in North bangalore?
Old 16th April 2019, 03:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Planning to go for sunfilms for my Hexa and was told Vkool is a good option to go for. Is there any outlet in North bangalore?
If you are going to do sun film, make sure it is light enough that you don't get pulled over for that. The risk of cops pulling it off depends on their mood, their need to meet targets and whether that is the current crackdown by politicians and police.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 08:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
If you are going to do sun film, make sure it is light enough that you don't get pulled over for that. The risk of cops pulling it off depends on their mood, their need to meet targets and whether that is the current crackdown by politicians and police.
Exactly why looking for premium products that are light enough buy effective. Like 3M's CR70 for example.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:30   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly why looking for premium products that are light enough buy effective. Like 3M's CR70 for example.
I doubt if VKool still operated in India. In Delhi they have shut shop ever since the sunfilm ban came into force. I have the Vkool 50 and 70 on the side and front glasses respectively. Trust me however light they may appear, they can still be easily spotted by cops if they are undertaking a mission to challan sunfilm sporting cars. So do keep that in mind before investing a big sum of money into 3M or Vkool ( by sunfilm standards).
Old 30th April 2019, 10:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I doubt if VKool still operated in India. In Delhi they have shut shop ever since the sunfilm ban came into force. I have the Vkool 50 and 70 on the side and front glasses respectively. Trust me however light they may appear, they can still be easily spotted by cops if they are undertaking a mission to challan sunfilm sporting cars. So do keep that in mind before investing a big sum of money into 3M or Vkool ( by sunfilm standards).
Thank you for replying! I have found a vkool dealer in vivek nagar, Bangalore. Confused as to which spec to go for. Since you said you have the vkool 50 and 70, how would you rate the heat reduction? Also, how does 3M's CR70 compare against this?

Planning to drive down this weekend and get them installed. He quoted 22k for vkool 70.
Old 30th April 2019, 20:45   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for replying! I have found a vkool dealer in vivek nagar, Bangalore. Confused as to which spec to go for. Since you said you have the vkool 50 and 70, how would you rate the heat reduction? Also, how does 3M's CR70 compare against this?

Planning to drive down this weekend and get them installed. He quoted 22k for vkool 70.
Yes I would suggest get the Vkool 50 on the sides. It would bring down the cost to an extent. The heat rejection is amazing. And it is still working like a charm in my car, almost 8 years since installation now.

The only downside is that given the uncertainty about the sunfilm ban, one needs to be ready to lose all that money if the cops go on a drive.
Old 30th April 2019, 21:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is no comparison between vKool and anything else - they are in a class of their own. I’ve had bad experiences with 3M here and abroad.
Old 1st May 2019, 23:06   #14
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for responding! I guess ill go ahead with vkool without much confusion then. I know ill have to be careful with the cops but let's see. Will leave out the windshield for now and get it done for the sides and back. Shall update once done!
Old 1st May 2019, 23:21   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys for responding! I guess ill go ahead with vkool without much confusion then. I know ill have to be careful with the cops but let's see. Will leave out the windshield for now and get it done for the sides and back. Shall update once done!
Will suggest you to go the extra mile and get it for the windshield too. To be honest the maximum sunlight enters your car through the windshield. I doubt if you will notice any difference in the heat levels, leaving the windshield out. VK70 is anyways transparent enough to not get you into trouble with the cops. More important is that I have never seen cops check your windshield and rear glass unless you are sporting jet black films. So that part of your investment is safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks