Team-BHP - Leather Car upholstery - Karlsson (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Leather Car upholstery - Karlsson (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/93714-leather-car-upholstery-karlsson-bangalore.html)

Kärlsson Leather No. 803, 7th Main,
1st Cross, HAL 2nd Stage,
Indiranagar,
Bangalore - 560038
(Behind Sony World on 100 Ft Road)

Tel: +91 80 2521 6394

Contact Person - Sajith Unni, Santosh

Kärlsson

Services offered - Automotive upholstery in PU and different grades of leather and home seating - Sofas

Personal Experience - Their showroom/office was very close to my residence so I had a chance to visit a few times and get a firsthand look at the cars being worked upon there. Also came across favourable opinions here on TBhp (one among many posts - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1629560-post134.html) . Generally liked the owner (Sajiths) attitude and he took the time to understand what the customer wants and also prices were quite VFM so went ahead and took the plunge. Initially I had asked only for front seats to be done but seeing the quality of the work I got the entire car finished. Final result was exactly what I wanted.

Pros
  1. Pricing
  2. Quality fitting work by installers
  3. Prior appointment needs to be taken by paying an advance and only 1 car per day was worked upon from what I saw
Cons - Can't think of anything

Neatly done indeed . There seems to be a fair few aftermarket upholsters in B'lore that match the regular brands. I remember a very well done Cedia from Cerralli in B'lore.

Details of the deal please . What did it cost for the whole package and what quality did you opt for ?. Do we have to take our own pattern choices to them cause the website doesn't seem to have any ?

Looks neat. How much did this cost you? They did the door pads too?

which car is it and how much did the whole thing cost?

The door pad fitting looks great - did your car have so much fabric on the doors or were they able to replace the plastic with the fab looking leather?

I had my Linea done up by Karlsson a year back, they were 30% cheaper than stanley and did a good job. The seats still look fresh, Sajith the owner is a patient listner.

Looks so good. Sure it feels the same.
Another bhpian had got his Opel Astra's seats done from the same guys. Looked fabulous. Cannot find that thread now though.
Do they give extra padding under the seat covers for better support or is it just the covers? How much did it cost you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLN (Post 2013511)
which car is it and how much did the whole thing cost?

The door pad fitting looks great - did your car have so much fabric on the doors or were they able to replace the plastic with the fab looking leather?

Yup palio comes with a full cloth door pad so they had to cover the entire thing. This pushed costs up too.Without that I guess it would have been about 3k less.

Pricing is dependent on the vehicle so please call up and check prices.. From my interaction I'm sure Team-bhp members will get good pricing. Also I got my car done in bits and pieces, first front doors and then rear seats and so on at different times due to budget constraints so people who do it one shot will get a better price

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeva (Post 2013763)
Looks so good. Sure it feels the same.
Another bhpian had got his Opel Astra's seats done from the same guys. Looked fabulous. Cannot find that thread now though.
Do they give extra padding under the seat covers for better support or is it just the covers? How much did it cost you?

He did mention an Opel Astra he did that had an extra fuel tank , was it your friends ?

Regarding extra padding you can ask for it. Previously I had got seat covers from Stanley where they put extra padding but it was giving me leg cramps so had ask them to follow the OEM pattern alone. Check for threads started by me for my Stanley experiences.

Got my steering, hand brake grip and gear lever boot in leather thru Karlsson at Indranagar. the steering feels so good now. will post pics in a couple of days. the Karlsson sticker on the rear quarter glass looks good too.

When i bought Scorpio two months back, i was worried about the cost of leather upholstery for that. Checking with the dealer - SKS Automobiles - did not help as they were only dealing with Stanley and G Sport. Stanley was prohibitively expensive :Shockked:and beyond my budget I did not like the arty feel of G Sport.

That was the time "Team BHP" came to my help. I saw one of the BHPians writing about his good experience with Karlsson and i took a chance to go and visit the place in Indira Nagar for due diligence. Talking to Sajith Unni, the man who owns Karlsson gave me confidence that i have come to right place. The leather was good and the finishes and stiching excellent.

We selected the colour and I gave order for all seats, hand rest etc for my scorpio. The work was done very professionally and the delivery and fixing was done as per commmitment.

Overall, i had a pleasnt experince with Karlsson.:) Now i have an excellent interiors at half the cost of Stanley!

I do not hesitate to recommend Karlsson and you can call Sajith Unni @ 98450 24245 and fix up time with him.

Iam keen on getting it done for steering and on doors for my ANHC, can you post some pics please.

Would love to see the finish.

fauji would request you to add some pictures of the work done and also the costs involved. It will definitely benefit other members who are looking to get their seat covers done.

Yup , I had a good experience there as well, heres my thead

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...diranagar.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 2175842)
fauji would request you to add some pictures of the work done and also the costs involved. It will definitely benefit other members who are looking to get their seat covers done.

Rjstyles, Pardon me for being lazy to post the pictures earlier. Here they are. I went for single colour to match the interiors of Scorpio. The exterior colour of my vehicle is Black and Silver.

The work included all seats, steering, gear shaft and side walls. The total cost came to Rs 38K including taxes with bill.

The steering gives a very good feel after it was done in leather. The last picture provides you a close up of the workmanship. These pictures are taken after two months of use including some long road trips:)

Over all, the experince has been a happy one.

Got steering grip + gear knob + gear boot + parking brake grip + 4 doorpads done at Karlsson. Everything except the doorpads was done in dual tone (black + red). The total cost was Rs.3800/-

Everything is fine, except the steering grip. I wanted a complete wrap, but the guy (Santosh) said it was not possible for a Punto. I know that is not so, as I have seen one right here on T-bhp directory. I wish he could have told me that before completing the job. Otherwise, I am pretty much satisfied with the job.

The photos are in my ownership thread here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2251543

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 2024205)
Got my steering, hand brake grip and gear lever boot in leather thru Karlsson at Indranagar. the steering feels so good now. will post pics in a couple of days. the Karlsson sticker on the rear quarter glass looks good too.

Sorry for the long time since I put up this post spent 2500/- on this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2040706 did the steering, gear boot and hand brake grip only. steering feels great and once one is used to this leather feel other steering wheels feel odd.