Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 13:16   #181
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalor

Any outlet in Chennai for C-Quartz? It looks lovely....
Old 29th August 2014, 16:36   #182
BHPian

Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalor

Went today to Mohsin's workshop for a decontamination wash and the "reload" treatment about 3 months after I got the C-Quartz treatment on my Grand-i10. Its always a pleasure to see Mohsin at work and his attention to detail and keen eyes are really enviable. Apart from this, also very happy with the interior and engine bay cleaning done there.

During my last visit there, he had also applied a special coating to protect the color of the black plastic parts of the car. Extremely happy with how that has been holding up so far. No ugly white patches on the plastics more than 3 months later and counting. Even Mohsin was happy with the results of the coating (it was a new product he tried at that time).

Also bumped into BHPian vahanam during my stay there. I am attaching a few snaps of my decontaminated and reloaded, silky smooth car to talk for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140829_123002.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140829_135713.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140829_135749.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140829_135809.jpg  

yosbert is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 09:11   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Went today to Mohsin's workshop for a decontamination wash and the "reload" treatment about 3 months after I got the C-Quartz treatment on my Grand-i10. Its always a pleasure to see Mohsin at work and his attention to detail and keen eyes are really enviable. Apart from this, also very happy with the interior and engine bay cleaning done there.

Also bumped into BHPian vahanam during my stay there. I am attaching a few snaps of my decontaminated and reloaded, silky smooth car to talk for themselves.
It was nice meeting you there. As we often find, pictures dont really do justice. The grand i10 was looking absolutely beautiful. This is the only grand i10 that has cquartz done. Enjoy your drive
Vahanam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 14:11   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
It was nice meeting you there. As we often find, pictures dont really do justice. The grand i10 was looking absolutely beautiful. This is the only grand i10 that has cquartz done. Enjoy your drive
Nope. I got my friend's i10 grand (auto) treated couple of weeks back!
whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 14:43   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Nope. I got my friend's i10 grand (auto) treated couple of weeks back!
Thanks for this update. My statement stands corrected. I made that statement based on the discussion and information available there.
Old 1st September 2014, 18:58   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post

Thanks for this update. My statement stands corrected. I made that statement based on the discussion and information available there.
That's alright mate! We all could have bumped into each other if it were on 30th! I got my punto reloaded ☺
Old 25th September 2014, 12:23   #187
BHPian

After viewing Neil's cquartz i was keen on getting cquartz done on my car. I was looking for some comparison studies or information on how cquartz compares with 3M solutions. I did not get the information that i was looking for. I looked around for information on cquartz and it looked very good. Water beading pictures really tempt you to go for the treatment.

Reached out to Mohsin to get going. He had sent useful videos and product information. Read them, saw the videos and decided to get cquartz. It offers protection from minor scratches, acid rain and bird droppings. So i dont have to worry about the bird droppings anymore. I guess its good enough to offer protection from any scratch the slush and mud might cause while cleaning it off from the car (after a rain)

Fixed an appointment with Mohsin the next day after delivery. Was super excited. Its always good to get the detailing done as soon as possible. With the transit, yard halts and not so good polishing products and techniques used by the dealer plus the horrendous washing done prior to delivery is more than enough reason to get it done immediately.

Vahanam : Where is your workshop located?
Mohsin : Grr. Workshop? Workshop is for mechanics
V: That we refer as Garages. Isn't it?
M: Its like Software Engineers don't go to Factories
V: Ah! I get the difference. What do you call then?
M: Detailing Centre!
V: I'll call it as DC . (I christened it as the Indian capital for cquartz treatment)
M: Sure.

Got the directions for DC and headed straight out to DC! Its slightly off the main Kaggadasapura road and its right behind Goli Vada Pav outlet. His guys started off with the initial preparation

This is how it looked at the beginning
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140817_094722.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140817_095004.jpg

Starting off with Iron X to remove contamination.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140817_100312.jpg

Checking the Paint Depth or Thickness. It was about 90-100 Microns at most of the places.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img4.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140817_102005.jpg

Buffing with different softness
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-upl1.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-upl2.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2014 at 17:13. Reason: Removing the 2nd unwanted pic.
Vahanam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 12:58   #188
BHPian

Closeup of the car after the treatment in done. This is few days later and in bright sunshine
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140830_115803.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140830_115815.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140830_115838.jpg

Had taken it for a service and was lucky to have a golden brown parked next to mine in a few meters. So a comparison of the two. Mine is highlighted with a rectangle and an arrow. There was a difference that i could observe in person. Not sure if these photos are able to bring out that difference. Still posting for your benefit and comparison
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140830_115955.jpg

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-20140830_120014.jpg

While chatting with Mohsin learnt that Honda's paint quality has come down from the previous generation. The Hondas that he worked on had few repainted panels. One of the city (black color) was almost completely repainted. Not sure why the dealer had to repaint so many panels. Is it transit damage or something else? My car had a heavy orange peel effect prior to cquartz, when viewing the side profile at a angle . If you are really keen, make sure to add the paint and panel repainted items to your PDI before you buy the car. Take along someone with the knowledge to check if panels are repainted. Else offer some coffee and coax Mohsin to come along with you for the PDI. Volkswagen cars come with the best paint quality in our market. So cheers to all the VW and skoda owners. You have this part covered to an extent

Mohsin is an excellent guy to trust upon. He is not pushy and explains your questions nicely. I got tips from him on how to take care of the car. I bought a Jopasu duster, Ultima Waterless wash, Water Sprayer Can and Carpro shampoo and few micro fiber towels. At my first attempt to clean the car which was dirty (and not dusty) i used about 1 liter of water and surprised my apartment guys who usually wash the other cars. Jopasu to dust off and Ultima WW + Microfiber towel to clean is the right diet for your Cquartzed Car.

Trivia: I heard from Mohsin's employee that Mohsin does not wash his car with water at all. You should look at his car and you will shake your head if that's possible

I don't allow anyone to wash my car. Its simple and i do it myself. Couple of times i had been to the service center and both times I instructed them to not put even a drop of water on my car much to their surprise. Beaming happily. The only place where i used the pressure wash was on the wheel wells. And I am happy with the treatment and post treatment procedures so far. Thanks to Mohsin and his Ultimate DC
Vahanam is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:47   #189
BHPian

Count me in as another fan of Mohsin & the magic potion that is CQuatz!

Got my 3 year old Fluidic Verna the CQ treatment over the weekend. Although I took reasonably good care, it had swirl marks, minor scratches & touch up jobs & the general scars of driving on Bangalore 'roads'. Having read glowing reviews on these forums as well as reviews of CQuartz elsewhere, I figured my ride needed some TLC to bring her back to her former glory!

Called up Mohsin & fixed up an appointment. He's a cool dude, no pressure or anything! Due to some unexpected meetings, I couldn't be there when the work was going to be done on my car, so trusted Mohsin to do his magic & left it in his care.

Picked up my car the next day & I don't remember my verna looking so dazzling even on the day I drove her off from the dealership!

Sorry for the potato quality photos from my phone, but am pressed for time to take good pics. But I think these should give you an idea as to how it looks. To say that it looks like a Mirror finish is an understatement! If you look at it in bright sunshine, it shines like those photoshopped artificial reflections on car ads or those cars on the video games in Forza. It's eye-popping for sure!

Kudos to Mohsin & his team! I really wish I had gotten it done when I had initially bought the car!!

Sidenotes:

1. After owning my car for 3 years, I now realise that few panels on my car were either painted at the factory or at the dealership before delivery! When Mohsin showed me the paint thickness with his meter on the original & repainted panels, I could sense my rage rising. I don't know why the Indian dealerships indulge in passing off damaged cars to unsuspecting customers. It seems in India, you can trust no one! Oh well, it's been 3 years & I guess I'd have to live with this knowledge. I really wish Mohsin hadn't told me about this :/

2. I asked Mohsin about Waterless wash as I'm distraught about the swirl marks inflicted on my car by the guy who washes my cars. Apparently Mohsin washes his car without water & he even briefly demonstrated on how it is to be done. Although I was skeptical initially, I think I might drop by his place again in 1-2 days to pick up the Jopasu duster & other supplies from him. After all, if a professional like him is using Waterless wash for HIS car, it should be fine for an apartment dweller like me who's constrained for space & time to wash my car! I think I can wash it myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140929_104908.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140929_104818.jpg  

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140927_142110.jpg  

Desi Dybuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 17:58   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Got my 3 year old Fluidic Verna the CQ treatment over the weekend. Although I took reasonably good care, it had swirl marks, minor scratches & touch up jobs & the general scars of driving on Bangalore 'roads'.
Congrats, and the car does look like "showroom"quality. How much did it cost to do the whole car? I'm considering CQuartz treatment for my Rapid as well.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Congrats, and the car does look like "showroom"quality. How much did it cost to do the whole car? I'm considering CQuartz treatment for my Rapid as well.
It cost me a pretty penny at 10k. Mine's a little higher due to the repainted panels where apparently more work is involved.
Old 1st October 2014, 13:54   #192
BHPian

I had the pleasure of visiting UD for the CQ Treatment on our 2014 Carnelian Red Honda City and I was blown away by the results. Seeing pictures is one thing - looking at the finish through your own eyes is a totally different thing! Although the car is 1 month old, Mohsin said that the paint was "pretty OK" and needed minor-to-average fixes. I left the car with UD and came to pick it up the next day. Mind = Blown! Attaching some pictures here to show you what an awesome job Mohsin and his team had done!

Banner on his workshop's wall - seen as a reflection from the rooftop
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140924_100810858_hdr-small.jpg

Orange Peel Paint Effect - glossed up with CQ Treatment
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140924_101110534_hdr-small.jpg

Reflections of the Sky and the building across the street - from the sparkling & shiny roof
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140924_104830068_hdr-small.jpg

Reflection of the man himself - taking a pic of his hardwork
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140924_105115539_hdr-small.jpg

Even the alloys are shimmering!
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-img_20140924_105138127_hdr-small.jpg

Total Cost = 9K!
Satisfaction = Priceless!!
Lessons from Mohsin regarding paint care and detailing = Invaluable!!!

vsathyap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:07   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Orange paint peel effect? Actually orange peel is bad. It's removed during detailing to give a uniform paint surface. And in that picture there is no orange peel
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:12   #194
BHPian

Exactly! Orange peel effect is actually non shiny paint (Matt shine) as a skin of an image with irregularities

Orange peel effect arises due to contaminated surfaces, poorly prepared panel before painting and lastly if the paint applied is less than required ( thinner layer)

The photo uploaded is anything but Orange peel it's 100% Effect no Orange peel.
Old 11th October 2014, 19:50   #195
BHPian

I don't think people realize what a dramatic effect CQuarz treatment has on the car surface. It looks extremely glossy, impossibly slick, something photos here don't fully reflect (pun intended).

One unintended side effect of getting CQuartz is that now I'm constantly comparing my 3 year old car to brand new cars for exterior effects & it always seems that even brand-new cars have a dull exterior finish!

Most Viewed