Team-BHP - Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/94696-leather-upholstery-marvin-genuine-leather-bangalore.html)

Marvin Genuine Leather

Corporate Office:
#100, Krumbigal Road,
Lalbagh Main Gate,
Bangalore – 04
Tel: +91 080 41234243
Fax: +91 080 41205522
Email: marvingenuineleather@gmail.com

Contact Person: Santosh - +91 93414 10888

Services offered - Automotive upholstery in PVC, PU and Genuine Leather. New venture into Retail Home Seating (Sofas/Deewans), already undertaking Corporate Interior work.

Personal Experience: I was on the lookout for a value for money proposition with Great quality work for my Punto interiors. I had a limited budget (of about 10k) but still wanted to get best possible materials, designs and overall craftsmanship. As always Team-Bhpians (especially 'Latheesh's') reviews came to my rescue. I knew that with a limited budget, Stanley was out. So I had options of Pensee, Ovion, Marvin, G-Sport or Local Accessory install.

G-Sport was tried on my Zen and I was not terribly happy about the work, although a G-Sport Factory installer performed the work and not some local accessory shop guy.

I made some calls and got quotations from Pensee and Ovion. I got a verbal quote of about 9k for Seats in PU, Steering Grip/Gear Knob/Gear Boot/Hand-break Lever in genuine Leather. At both places, Doorpad work was denied outright.

So I decided to visit Marvin instead of calling them. I was already impressed by the designs on their website. Although they seem limited in number to some, they were to my taste. Met Mr. Yadav, Resident Sofa Expert as Marvins, and he agreed to make a note of things I needed and get Santosh to callback (as it was Sunday morning, Santosh was not in yet). Got a call from Santosh and after all discussions and negotiations I got a Quote for 11k for Seats in PU, Steering Grip/Gear Knob/Gear Boot/Hand-break Lever in genuine Leather, and Door Pads too clap:. It seemed a lil expensive (by 2k to be precise) but then decided to go for it.

Then I got a call from the factory on the day of fitment and appointment confirmed. I preferred going to their factory for 2 reasons. It was closer to my house and to see the action Live.

I met Santosh there and was there for 4 hours. The seats were all OEM/Factory/Snug Fitted, i.e Original Punto Fabric covers removed and new ones fitted (Unlike the G-Sport I had got earlier). Fitting was Top-notch, material was soft, stretchable and lustrous (2mm thickness). All PU leather that Marvin uses is from Mayura Eniquoters (Mayur Uniquoters Limited :: Manufacturers and Exporters of Artificial Leather / PVC Vinyl.). It had a distinct Lemos Grass smell (instead of a Rubbery smell that my G-Sport emitted) on heating-up in Sun (I tested this is a already done-up DZire waiting for delivery). The design i chose required use of Foam under the Leather and they used top quality 40-density foam for this work. I could not find a single Glitch in Quality of work so far (Seats).

Then there were the smaller bits, the Steering Grip, Gear Knob, Gear Boot, Hand-Break Lever and Door Pads. These seemed smaller bits in size but require Supreme Craftsmanship. Santosh has one 10-12 year old guy (thats his experience with Marvin and not his age :)) working only on Steering Grip, Gear Knob, Gear Boot, Hand-Break Lever bits. And this gentleman was an Artist and his work far surpassed by expectations.

Then there was the most challenging bit, the door pads. They had not worked on any Punto Door pads yet (many Punto Seats but not door pads) and mine was the first challenge, they were surprisingly confident nonetheless. They had to change the choice of material from PU (that i originally opted for) to Genuine leather. This was done without any extra charges (although the original Quote was for PU Doorpads, difference for about 1.5k) and was suggested becos Genuine leather was Thinner than PU. They would generally remove the Fabric Lined section of the doorpad and then cover it with leather, but in the Punto the Fabric section is fixed (held my plastic bolts) to the door-pad frame. This meant they had to stick the leather on the fabric and squeeze it in the gaps at the edges. Results are just astonishing, for me atleast.

All in all Marvin is real value for money (I say this although they may charge you a lil extra) considering their Quality of both Material and Work.

I know its a very Long Post and I will end it now, with some pics.

All questions are welcome!

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-front.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-back.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-steeringgear.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-gearclose.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-handbrake.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-doorpad.jpg

extremely good work on the steering, boot, HB handle and door pads. All for 11 K is VFM. I got my steering gear boot and HB handle at Karlsson for 2.5. Gear knob was not done as he said it is difficult on a round knob. BTW only comment is the white handle could get dirty

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 2197893)
extremely good work on the steering, boot, HB handle and door pads. All for 11 K is VFM. I got my steering gear boot and HB handle at Karlsson for 2.5. Gear knob was not done as he said it is difficult on a round knob. BTW only comment is the white handle could get dirty

Thanks buddy. Glad you liked it. The colors I've got are black and 'Silver'. Its called Silver but is like a Light Grey-Baige shade (not white, its the Camera Flash making it look white). I made a call on the color after taking its maintenance into account (besides the color theme), so i guess I'll just have to spend a lot more Sundays cleaning it :)

The steering looks very good. It almost looks like the OE steering on emotion pk. I think maintenance is the only issue here, especially the steering. I have been putting this off for quite sometime now. I think I will consider Marvin for the steering grip, gear knob and parking brake grip. Any idea how much it will cost for these? I am planning to get these done this month. Also, where is the factory?

Quote:

Originally Posted by praz (Post 2197942)
The steering looks very good. It almost looks like the OE steering on emotion pk. I think maintenance is the only issue here, especially the steering. I have been putting this off for quite sometime now. I think I will consider Marvin for the steering grip, gear knob and parking brake grip. Any idea how much it will cost for these? I am planning to get these done this month. Also, where is the factory?

Thanks Praz. The parts you've mentioned are all done in genuine leather. Steering Grip costs around 1500/- and the gear knob and parking brake grip would be some 700/-. The Factory is presently at Bilekahalli (Off Bannerghatta Road, Behind Kalyani Motors), although Santosh did hint at moving the factory to a better location to get it closer to the Showroom on Mission Road.Best thing, call Santosh on the number given. You can give him the reference of a White Punto and Team-Bhp and that will definitely ring a Gong!

WOW. At 11k, it surely looks VFM. Can you share some more pics of the door pads please :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 2198062)
WOW. At 11k, it surely looks VFM. Can you share some more pics of the door pads please :-)

Here are a couple of more shots. Lemme know if you want to see any specific angles and I can try clicking.

Close-up with Phone Cam:

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-04012011730.jpg

Work In Progress:

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-04012011723.jpg

Looks Awesome. Period. Can you please post some photographs taken in day time..? Such good work for 11K seems absoute VFM. Does this amount include the doorpads for the reas seats as well..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidyasagar (Post 2198651)
Looks Awesome. Period. Can you please post some photographs taken in day time..? Such good work for 11K seems absoute VFM. Does this amount include the doorpads for the reas seats as well..?

Thanks Buddy. Yes 11k includes all 4 doorpads. I will post some day time pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenster (Post 2199031)
Thanks Buddy. Yes 11k includes all 4 doorpads. I will post some day time pics soon.

Waiting for decent pix. The one's you posted dont do justice.

Do they also have some catalogue or so?

Two things:

- The title says "Genuine Leather", but the review is of PU.

- I didn't like the color selection. White looks a bit gaudy to me. Also the stitch patterns belong to a bygone era. The steering should have got only black; white does not go well there. Fit and finish seems to be good. They have done a fabulous job on the gear lever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2199079)
Waiting for decent pix. The one's you posted dont do justice.

Do they also have some catalog or so?

Sure thing. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll upload some day time pics.

Well no, I don't have a catalog. There are some designs and collections on the website. But this specific one is new and not yet up on the site.

The thing is that designs are getting copied by local seat makers and Marvin's exclusivity is lost (as per Santosh). So samples are there on the site but they don't plan to keep it updated with latest designs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 2199135)
Two things:

- The title says "Genuine Leather", but the review is of PU.

- I didn't like the color selection. White looks a bit gaudy to me. Also the stitch patterns belong to a bygone era. The steering should have got only black; white does not go well there. Fit and finish seems to be good. They have done a fabulous job on the gear lever.

Sorry for back-to-back posts

- Title says "Genuine Leather" because thats the name of the franchise/company. (Marvin). The review is my personal experience wherein I chose PU.

- Color/Pattern selection is a personal choice and you dont like that, which is fine (I loved the Retro Diamond pattern). Only point to clarify is that its not "White". The color is sort-off Light Grey+Baige. Hopefully the day time pics will put this confusion to rest.

Mods: Sorry for the confusion but can someone rename the thread with the name in Quotes like "Marvin Genuine Leather", if it helps.

Nice work there. When it comes to seat covers we Bangaloreans have many good options comparing to others. I know few cars done by Marvin and work is very good. Few other good installers are CERALLI, OVION, Pensee etc.
Please post some better pictures.

Sorry for the delay friends. Here are a few more pictures as requested.

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-img_5129.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-img_5128.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-img_5126.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-img_5118.jpg

Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore)-img_5123.jpg