Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2015, 20:53   #1
BHPian

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia

During my recent trip to Australia we spent good part of the tour in Tasmania and had the good fortune to visit Launceston, very pretty country side in Tasmania. Launceston is also famous for one of the most famous cricketer which Australia has ever produced, Punter yes Ricky Ponting was born in Launceston and still spends good part of his time here and regularly visits his parents who still stay here. As luck would have it there is a wonderful Vintage Car Museum in Launceston where there are no of collectible cars and motorbikes for display and many one man collections, donated by generous donors over a period of time.

I have clicked many pictures but will post some rare ones which I managed to capture. Overall great experience, immaculately restored cars, polite staff and great settings. If anyone is planning to visit Tasmania in near future this is a "Must Visit" for all vintage aficionada's.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9177.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9179.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9180.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9181.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9182.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9185.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9186.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9187.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9192.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9198.jpg  

67Bug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 21:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
During my recent trip to Australia we spent good part of the tour in Tasmania and had the good fortune to visit Launceston, very pretty country side in Tasmania. Launceston is also famous for one of the most famous cricketer which Australia has ever produced, Punter yes Ricky Ponting was born in Launceston and still spends good part of his time here and regularly visits his parents who still stay here. As luck would have it there is a wonderful Vintage Car Museum in Launceston where there are no of collectible cars and motorbikes for display and many one man collections, donated by generous donors over a period of time.

I have clicked many pictures but will post some rare ones which I managed to capture. Overall great experience, immaculately restored cars, polite staff and great settings. If anyone is planning to visit Tasmania in near future this is a "Must Visit" for all vintage aficionada's.
Interestingly we also a saw a 1980 Bajaj Scooter displayed at the museum :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9202.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9203.jpg  

Vintage Car Museum in Launceston, Hobart - Australia-dscf9206.jpg  

67Bug is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks