Team-BHP - Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Beyond Borders (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond-borders/)
-   -   Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond-borders/162906-pics-sharjah-classic-car-museum.html)

Sharjah is a place where they take their Cars very seriously. The Sharjah Car Club and Muesum is testament for the same. It First opened for public viewing in 2008, and the museum was renovated in January 2013.

The Displays are organized into different galleries that display the development of cars according to different time periods, Ranging from the early period to the 60's

Im sharing pics which my friend and I had taken on our visit there.

The Entrance
Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070781.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070773.jpg

You are greeted by A Fintail and Friends sadly sitting out there in the sun.
Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070782.jpg

As you go inside, you will notice a few cars parked on the side of the main building

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070777.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070562.jpg

On Closer inspection, these turned out to be cars which have been acquired, but not yet restored. I couldn't help but notice, how amazingy original even the so called 'junk' was there, compared to the botched up cars we get to work on here!

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070569.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070576.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070570.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070564.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070577.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070580.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070582.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4070582.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1362150

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070583.jpg

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070594.jpg

A Solitary 'Caddypop' Looks on in a corner. I was having mixed feelings about the whole place now.:confused:

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070770.jpg

As you step inside, there is a counter where a nominal entry fee is charged, and then the diplay starts.

As mentioned earlier, the entire collection is categorized into different Era's.

Pics: Sharjah Classic Car Museum-p4070614.jpg

The Next Section was from 1940 to 1959. This section had a lot more cars than the earlier one, and the cars were laid out on various levels. This was the last year wise categorization, with the rest being specialized displays, which I will be posting in detail in the next section.

Next set of pics from the 1940-59 display

American cars from 59 onwards were kept in several areas, and not as a closed category.

There was a separate section dedicated to Commercial vehicles , and Land rovers.

British, Euro and Miscellaneous

Community Favorites- The description says it all. This display keeps on changing from Time to time.

The Mercedes 600, well nothing needs to be said, the Licence plate says it all.
There were a couple of other mercs, mainly a 116 and a couple of fintails.

The last post from my visit.

The red corvair convertible is the only car which visitors have permission to open, sit inside and take pics.

There was also a cafe in the adjacent building, which served some fast food.

The last pic is yet another Corvair, which is positioned on your way out.

Note from Mod

Moving out live.

Thanks for sharing. Excellent pics - 5 Stars

Phew! What a beautiful place and well kept display. Wish you could add the name to each photos so that people can easily understand the model names.

Will rate this a well deserved 5 stars - not able to rate now due to some error.

--Anoop

Great pictures- I have been to UAE twice till now - wonder how this place didnt come up in my places to visit.

Thanks for bringing this up - will make sure I visit this place the next time I go to UAE.

cpics: Thats an amazing collection of cars and very well displayed too.
It is really nice to see the great condition of the cars waiting to be restored are in. Could not find any early model Porsche,Audi or BMW's!! or did i loose it in all those glimmer glitter?

Wow, good pictures, didn't know that there's a car museum in Sharjah, adding this to the bucket list. Thanks very much

Thank you JayD for this lovely thread. I have lived in the Middle East for the past 23 years and have visited Sharjah and Dubai many times on business but did not know that this place existed. I will definitely make it a point to vist it on my next trip to Sharjah. Rated 5 Stars. Oops! Unable to rate it now. Will do so later.
Regards,
Ashok