Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 17:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
maybe they do have a manual knob which opens and closes the radiator protector. when in combat you close it to save the radiator from bullets and otherwise you can keep it open. the vintage rolls royces also have the grill slots that open when the car is hot for added air intake to the radiator. this is done automaticaly and not manualy
to add to that the front grill is sealed as that forms front armor while the air intake is thru the front undercarriage and anyways the vehicles are liquid(water) cooled...
Old 30th August 2007, 03:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
to add to that the front grill is sealed as that forms front armor while the air intake is thru the front undercarriage and anyways the vehicles are liquid(water) cooled...
i dont think the front grill is sealed if you see the pictures posted by quadra and by ananth you will know what i am talking about and besides i have seen a live one in the american war museum.
no doubt when the grill is closed the intake is through the front undercarriage. i also know that the vehicles are liquid cooled i never said they were air cooled.
PS- the american army truck still stands in pune and i never said it was a running car that i saw. you want the address you can have a look at it too. i was just saying imagine it in your rear veiw and you will make way for it. i know they are disscontinued.
Old 30th August 2007, 10:55   #18
BHPian

Hey Speedy is it possible that you might be able to click a pic of this truck and post it here...

BTW check out the heavy front armor

Last edited by sabret00the : 30th August 2007 at 11:14.
Old 30th August 2007, 19:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Speedy is it possible that you might be able to click a pic of this truck and post it here...

BTW check out the heavy front armor

i was talking about the pictures of the trucks posted sabret00the. this is a fixed armour front with side gill air intakes. it looks like it is based on the hummer platform.
i shall give karl the address and ask him to take pictures of the truck and post it. i am in delhi and wont be going to pune. i wanted to buy the truck till i realised it would not fit in my garage shed through the normal gate which is good enough to fit a normal truck.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:21   #20
BHPian

^^^ hey buddy this is a Panhard Véhicule Blindé Léger ("Light armoured vehicle") is a wheeled 4x4 all-terrain vehicle used by the French Army

It would be really nice of you if you could ask Karlo to take a few pics of the truck...

Last edited by sabret00the : 30th August 2007 at 21:25.
Old 30th August 2007, 22:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

does'nt a hummer H1 come in a light vehicle category my friend. so if i said it looks based on the hummer platform. it does come in the light armoured vehicle category. unless you think otherwise.
Old 30th August 2007, 22:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
@ quadra: nice find bro

resembles the monsters created by TATRA Vectra Udyog...
Thank you

I am loving team-bhp these days.
Old 31st August 2007, 01:54   #23
BHPian

I was actually referring to the Ashok Leyland Stallion...which in my opinion looked more like the Tatra Trucks used by the Indian Army...
Old 31st August 2007, 06:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

I love the stallion too. One of my automotive fantasies is to do the Delhi to London overland trip in one of those.
Old 16th October 2007, 08:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Because of Barry's introduction thread, I saw this.

It's a 4X4 made by our ashok leyland. I like it. Especially the tyres.
that is an old model.. I think Hosur still has one for auction
Not a stallion.. it was TOPCHI .. the ones before the stallion..
Old 16th October 2007, 09:36   #26
BHPian

Some more info on the M3 halftrack...

M3 Half-track - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia check this link....they have some useful information on the M3 halftrack...
Old 16th October 2007, 11:00   #27

Now we talkin trucks!

People of the world!

Follow the link for more monsters!
Defence Vehicles | Special Vehicles | Speciality Vehicles | Transport Solutions Industry | Vehicles In India

@ ananth - i hope you havent got anyone for the passenger seat of your "fantasy" stallion yet - if its still vacant.... IM COMIN ALONG!

some kickass feeling it would be to have one of these as your personal ride... no need to worry about pesky autotickshaws, bicycles, mopeds or for that matter any of the wildlife (humans included) that seem to occupy a majority of the road space today!!!

Besides, the look on the bell captains face when you pull up onto the portico of a swanky hotel in one of these monsters - Priceless!
The look on the Valet's face when you ask him to go park it someplace - Now that's for my museum!!!
Old 16th October 2007, 20:36   #28
BHPian

Even if the passanger seat is not vacant you would have enough space on the Stallion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks